Roscoe Staffie DOB 01.2013 Littlehampton WSussex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Roscoe Staffie DOB 01.2013 Littlehampton WSussex

Postby xxlynne » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Current Status: Homed

Roscoe16.JPG

Roscoe needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Roscoe was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save his and another dog's life. Roscoe is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccination course. Roscoe was in Gatwick Kenns

About Roscoe: A slender frame blue brindle boy who is affectionate & high energy. Roscoe meets other dogs really well & is much calmer away from the kennel environment. Enthusiasm is his nature. Would need a secure garden & active life style with plenty of relaxed ‘down time’. Needs his home NOW. Emperor Roscoe

Visit Roscoe's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Roscoe49.JPG

Roscoe's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: ROSCOE Blue brindle entire male "proper" SBT, approx 3yo, picked up as a stray. He is microchipped but his owners have not responded to the dog warden's communications. He is a lively chap who is friendly with people. When the dog warden did an on-lead dog to dog greet with dogs behind a fence, he showed no overt aggression, just interest. He was happy to let the dog warden pick him up and health check him. He appears not to be article possessive, nor did he show any guarding tendencies towards his food or bowl. He's not a constant barker and is clean in his kennel. He can have a 1st vaccination.
Roscoe is at a high kill pound, where all dogs are automatically destroyed on their 8th day if not claimed or offered a rescue space. Roscoe will be destroyed on Tuesday 4th August unless a rescue steps forward for him. Please note that we have no free kennels and are unable to bring him into our care so he urgently needs YOUR help!

The attachment Roscoe.jpg is no longer available
Roscoe.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Roscoe Staffie DOB 01.2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby Sarahk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Met this beautiful boy this morning, here's a few of the gorgeous lad...
DSC09016.JPG
DSC09015.JPG
DSC09034.JPG
DSC09017.JPG
DSC09047.JPG
DSC09049.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby SarahW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:41 pm

What an interesting face and expressions. Safe now Roscoe. :smiley-gen132.gif:
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby frankie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:21 pm

looking forward to meeting him handsome lad x x
frankie

Postby Pagers13 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Had the pleasure of bumping into this boy who was with Lynne at Godstone today and my word he is a breath taker good luck little man xx
Pagers13

Postby Elliesmum » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:22 pm

What a lovely dog! He was so well behaved while I was harnessing him and he obviously doesn't like all the kennel hype and noise, bless him. On leaving the yard, he didn't seem to quite get the concept of a gate being opened for him and nearly took his head off rather than waiting :shock: He then made the most strange loud noises when he saw a group of people with their Rotties and I realised how scared he was! However, we kept going and within seconds, he had calmed down and I have to say, he is easy to walk, no pulling. Roscoe is stressed at the moment, he is very scared about where he has found himself, but he is a very nice boy and I found him very affectionate and cuddly. We had a nice long walk and I love to see the stress fading from some dogs, it's visible. He had a shake and a roll, some cuddles and a run around the paddock and it was with a heavy heart I put him back as he immediately looked unhappy near all the barking. Let's hope he settles in soon or gets a foster or quick homing. Lovely boy. I would like to see him with a bit more weight on him, early days yet.
image.jpg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Pagers13 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Walked this handsome little chappie today. Coming out the kennel he was like a little pocket rocket very stressed and overexcited. He has the strangest yowl when he meets other dogs but there is no aggression or malice there just a confused little boy who is unsure how to behave.

Once you get him away from the noise you can see how much he craves love and acceptance. He has bags of energy so I took him on a very long walk.. Seemed like he needed it just for some peace. Once we were in the peace and quiet Roscoe started to relax, he was listening to my voice and he's a very affectionate little boy who delights in giving you a face shower. He actually put his little paws round my neck like an actual human hug :smiley-gen132.gif: I love him, hopefully he's not in kennels long and a foster or home comes up quickly because I think this little boy is a fragile one who demonstrates his uncertainty with excitement .. Think he would really excel in the home with some love and guidance

Roscoe89.jpg

:crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: for Roscoe xx
Pagers13

Re: Roscoe Staffie DOB 01.2013 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Pagers13 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Got reunited with another one of my favs yesterday (my list just keep getting longer) at Gatwick kennels.. little Roscoe is a lovely little boy looking for reassurance and guidance.

He really has no idea what is going on and uses excitement to show all his emotions, he gets excited seeing dogs, excited seeing people and excited seeing cats but deep down this boy just needs time and support. Again once away from the activities of the kennel he had a lovely walk with little Arthur the terrier he did like to lead the group as I dont think he wanted anyone to leave him behind haha when he was at the back he was pully but a little check on his lead and he returned to my side so he is responsive to his handler. He had a little paddle in the stream and at the end of our walk i sat him down for a shoulder massage in the grass to try help him relax ..in return I got covered in staffie kisses..

Roscoe is a fabulous boy. Not a bad bone in his body. He just needs a committed human to show him the ropes and teach him boundaries so he knows he no longer has to face each situation with excitement or anxiety.
Pagers13

Postby RosC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Had a lovely walk with Roscoe again this week. He is such a lovely dog. Very striking to look at. You get a fantastic welcome in the kennel and he is very good to harness. He walks down the kennel block totally ignoring all around him, just pleased to be going out. He does like to be in the lead if walking with others and if he is he walks along very well but does pull a bit if he is behind but I am sure he will learn to walk nicely once in his new home.
We had to wait a while whilst another dog was put away so we sat on the grass in the shade for 5 - 10 mins having lots of strokes and cuddles - he is a very friendly young boy. Fast becoming my favourite :biggrin.gif:
RosC

Postby RosC » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:44 pm

I walked Roscoe again this week. He is such a lovely boy - photos don't do his stunning looks justice. You get such a lovely welcome and he gets very excited for a couple of minutes but when you start to put the harness on he calms down as he know this means walkies!
He loves a good cuddle and a belly rub which I was happy to provide :biggrin.gif: Very nice to walk, keeps looking around as you talk to him and very eager to please.
RosC

Postby Sarahk » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Roscoe enjoyed his walk on Friday, out with Mally and Finn (pictured) and Sandie too who was just out of shot :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby RosC » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:48 am

I walked Roscoe again this week. He is so gentle whilst you harness him, has a bit of a spin around but knows that the quicker it's on the quicker he gets outside!
We walked with Justyna and Sydney and they seemed to get on well. He is such a friendly dog and has the most stunning face. I don't know why he hasn't been snapped up yet, he really deserves a loving home :smiley-gen132.gif:
RosC

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed