Maxie (Penfold) Staffie DOB ?2012 Danbury Essex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Maxie (Penfold) Staffie DOB ?2012 Danbury Essex

Postby xxlynne » Mon May 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Current Status: Homed

Penfold7.jpg

Penfoldneeds a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Penfold was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Penfold's life. Penfold is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Penfold is currently in boarding kennels near Godstone awaiting a new family.

Visit Penfold's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Penfold6.jpg
Penfold63.JPG
Penfold9.jpg

Penfold's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: 17.03.15 Hi All, This lovely lad has been named Penfold by the kennels. He was very withdrawn and depressed when came in but has really started to come out of his shell into a nice little dog. He's happy to work for food and knows sit, paw etc but doesn't really know how to play with toys. He's not possessive at all and is very gentle taking treats or giving his paw

Penfold. Entire male SBT x. 2-5 years? Penfold came in with no history. He was quite shut down with anxiety when first came in but as he came out of his shell over several days he became a lovely lad. He's happy to work for food and knows sit, paw etc but doesn't really know how to play with toys. He's not possessive at all and is very gentle taking treats or giving his paw

He can be handled all over but is timid and wary if people go in too quick or over him so needs kind, gentle handling. I would not put him with children at this time due to this for his sake but may be that after further assessment/settling down this will change. With friendly dogs he is polite, sits and wags his tail. We have some very mouthy dogs in at the moment (not one of our poundies ) and when they bark at him as passing, he will bark back but my own dog would do that.

I would like him to go to a rescue really as think he needs proper assessments and back up but the more he settles with us, the more of a cuddle monster he is becoming so I think he will do well in a home.

Would consider a home direct but would need to be no kids/dogs and we have no idea about cats.
Need to move him asap of course so please let me know if any possibilities. We can get microchip and first vax done to assist. Many thanks for your tim Best wishes, Ali

Penfold.JPG
Penfold1.JPG
Penfold3.JPG
Penfold4.JPG

We came forwards for Penfold but was told another Rescue was coming to meet him so we took Georgia. The other Rescue came and assessed him and then when they were called 2-3 days later they said he passed their assessment but they didnt have any space! Which meant he would have been put to sleep. Penfold comes tomorrow
xxlynne

Re: Penfold Staffie DOB ?2012 Swindon Pound comes tomorrow

Postby staffylevi » Tue May 05, 2015 10:36 am

He has the look of our Tiffiny staffy!! A little worried look but a very sincere sweet little face!! :)
Doin' it for the staffies ...
staffylevi

Postby MandaTK » Tue May 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Oh Penfold looks a darling. Safe now little boy xx
MandaTK

Postby MrsP » Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 pm

YOU SAVED PENFOLD!!!! AMAZING! Soooooo pleased for him.
MrsP

Re: Penfold Staffie DOB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Tue May 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Penfold came into our care today. He has gained a lot of confidence from the first descriptions of him. Happy to meet and greet and spent 2 hours travelling to collect another Staffie and then on to the kennels. He will be neutered on Thursday.

Lovely boy reminds me of my own Staffie Mackie.
xxlynne

Re: Penfold Staffie DOB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Bertie and Pippa » Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Penfold is lovely, so glad you saved him - life is on the up for you now sweetheart x
Bertie and Pippa

Re: Penfold Staffie DOB ?2012 Godstone Kenns

Postby LilyBlu » Sat May 09, 2015 9:21 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting and walking with little Penfold today, bless him! He was pleased to welcome me into his kennel and allowed me to harness him easily, he did grab one of his leads whilst leaving the kennel block but was easy to take from his mouth.

We walked behind Andy and another new boy Milo, kept a large distance to try and get him to engage with me, he did seem distant on the walk initially, but on the return leg seemed a little more relaxed and would take treats from me, but wasn't comfortable to sit whilst out walking, seemed quite worried.

Once back in his kennel, he enjoyed his meal and as soon as I asked Penfold to sit he did so, offering me his paw for a treat, so clearly feels safer inside at the moment. We sat together in his bed, he curled up tightly against me, very affectionate once he felt secure, he also clambered across my lap to snuggle closer, bless him.

Looking forward to seeing him soon and watching him start to find his confidence with the care of all at Godstone.
LilyBlu

Postby Sarahk » Wed May 13, 2015 11:44 pm

I met the handsome Penfold last Friday, certainly has come on from his initial description and am sure will be even more settled and confident when I'm at the kennels again this Friday - look how lovely Penfold is ...
DSC05864.JPG
DSC05857.JPG
DSC05858.JPG
DSC05852.JPG
DSC05859.JPG
DSC05854.JPG
DSC05849.JPG
DSC05850.JPG
DSC05872.JPG
DSC05871.JPG
very gentle taking treats
DSC05868.JPG
DSC05863.JPG
DSC05862.JPG

Cute isn't he and what a smile :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Fri May 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Found a couple more of Penfold from last week...
Enjoying running in the paddock...
image.jpg

And then being s good boy on his walk...
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Tim » Sat May 16, 2015 9:06 pm

untitled-7.jpg

We met the very friendly Penfold this afternoon, is was quite warm but we still found time for a bit of paddock time ;)

untitled-44.jpg
untitled.jpg
untitled-2.jpg

Waiting patiently for a treat
untitled-8.jpg

Gives paw too
untitled-9.jpg
untitled-10.jpg

Time for a bit of R&R with Rachel
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-6.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Fizz » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:33 am

Aww... Penfold.
I'm going to echo what other people have said: he seemed a little uncertain when we first met, but was just really affectionate and cuddly once he felt a bit more secure.
It was pretty warm when we went out, so we didn't really go on a long walk, and ended up sitting on the grass. He really does just snuggle up to you.

From the other comments it sounds like he's getting a bit more confident every day. Hang in there buddy :).
Fizz

Postby anne » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:16 am

I have walked Penfold twice this week and he is a little smasher. He has a lot of nervous energy in the kennel and gets a little excited around other dogs although I think this is mainly nerves and my instinct is that he just wants to meet and play but is lacking in experience. He calms down once out walking and he walked well with Tess (dog) on Monday, getting more confident and relaxed by the end of the walk. Yesterday I took him out on his own and he is then a different dog. Completely chilled, just ambling along, stopping to sniff and very connected and affectionate. His manners are very good, meeting people politely and delightedly with a very waggy tail. He does love walks where it is just him and his walker and he can just relax and enjoy himself. I do love this boy.
anne

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed