Baloo Staffie DOB 2010 Southend on Sea

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Baloo Staffie DOB 2010 Southend on Sea

Postby xxlynne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Current Status: Homed

Baloo43.jpg

Baloo needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Baloo's owner died and friend of neighbour took him to a friend to save him being taken to the pound by owners family. Baloo has lived in a back garden all his life with respite indoor when weather too cold. We stepped forwards to offer Baloo a Rescue place. Baloo will be neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Baloo was in foster in as an only dog

About Baloo: Baloo is a really lovely 5 year old boy who is famed for sitting on your feet when you stand still. Has been fostered & is housetrained with attention. Rescuers will step forwards & Rescue Baloo: He would love companionship. Not for cats or children but may cope with visiting children once he has settled. Must know your Staffies as he deserves to be understood & helped. Please please me!

Visit Baloo's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Baloo4.jpg
Baloo3.jpg

Baloo's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: "Hi Nikki can you help please sbt male entire 5 yrs of age Owner has died, family were taking to pound neighbour step in now she has the darling he's name is xxxx (now called Baloo). This pic was taken in Feb he has been in garden apparently all his life only take in when cold poor baby can you or do you know any rescue that could help had offers of home but needs assessing properly" I've attached the photo.
She added: "my friend took him in, she is rather an old lady she has had him 4 days now I begged her or I would have taken him till found somewhere but one of mine isn't very welcoming xx"

Baloo.jpg

Baloo comes into our Care on the 25th April 15
xxlynne

Re: Baloo Staffie DOB 2010 Coming Chessington Kenns

Postby Chapmania » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:27 pm

We look forward to welcoming Baloo to our family. Another sad story. Hopefully we can find him a loving new home where he will not be kept in the garden! Bless his heart xx
Chapmania

Re: Baloo Staffie DOB 2010 Chessington Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Baloo has arrived and apparently was very excited to meet everyone.
xxlynne

Postby Mark Brentwood » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:19 am

Hopefully a warm home will not be far off for Baloo
Mark Brentwood

Postby Chapmania » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Bless his heart. Wish he was at Godstone :smiley-sad010.gif: I have no doubt that he will be well loved and care for by all at Chessington. xx
Chapmania

Re: Baloo Staffie DOB 2010 Godstone Kenns

Postby Elliesmum » Sun May 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Now Baloo is rather a character I got the feeling today. We had a wet and windy walk and on getting him out of the kennel my first thoughts were ok, easy to harness and immediately got big soft soppy cuddles. Walks very well, no pulling although he is a big powerful boy. On stopping along the lane for more cuddles and affection, I had the feeling too much affection as he continually tried to hump my leg :shock: so, a firm NO and off we went again. My poor leg was abused several more times until he finally got the message, a NO means NO, thank you! Baloo really should just be called Bear because he is rather gorgeous and doesn't he just use those eyes to get you where he wants you haha. He is easy to walk, he knows sit but not much else but he wants to please so some training will be good. He was a bit nervous of passing cars in the lane but otherwise, perfect. In the paddock, off lead, I thought he looked like a rugby ball sort of character and was proved right as he manhandled a rugby ball and tried to take me down at one point with a tackle :D again, Mister, manners please! We had fun playing though and I really think, with some training and manners, he will make the most loyal dog for the right person. He does jump up at you at the moment but there is only enthusiasm and he will learn. Just a bit rough at the moment. When I took him back to his kennel, he went all soppy then tried to dive out through the door. He was a heavy boy to get back in as he really didn't want to go back in there but he will hopefully settle. His is all so new to him. All in all, smashing lad, needs a firm, experienced handler in his home and to learn boundaries. Nice boy.
But if I look at you with sad eyes, I will charm you!
image.jpg

Look closer into my eyes!
image.jpg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Tim » Sun May 03, 2015 6:19 pm

We met Baloo yesterday, he was first dog to photograph, entered his kennel and i was greeted with lots of kisses and a waggy tail - a good start :)
Off we went to the paddock where he enjoyed chasing a ball and several sticks (see video) - a very very friendly boy indeed ;)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Looking happy..
untitled-111.jpg
untitled-122.jpg

untitled-88.jpg

Rachel noticed, he did like to sit on her feet when ever he had the chance :)
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
untitled-5.jpg

A very affectionate boy
untitled.jpg

Smiling whilst having his tummy tickled
untitled-3.jpg

he also was quite intrigued with the clicking noise of the camera
untitled-13.jpg

Chillin time after all that running around -
untitled-4.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Elliesmum » Sun May 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Stunning, isn't he Tim? Handsome and a very "well put together" dog, you can see it when he moves along beside you. Certainly has presence!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Pegmilly » Wed May 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Met and walked baloo for the first time today - and I'm smitten. He was easy to harness, a total pleasure to walk. He stopped every few minutes, just wanting cuddles. I wanted to scoop him up and take him home. He has such a calm demeanour - and so very loving. I couldn't take any pictures as baloo had been debobbled yesterday so I kept him on his lead and away from the puddles. Not once did he pull - the lead was slack the whole time. Baloo is a calm, friendly, loving boy. There is only one thing he loved more than his cuddles.....and that was his dinner waiting for him in his kennel when he got back. I had to wait for him to finish it before I got my kiss goodbye......cheek!!! :shock:
Pegmilly

Postby Pegmilly » Sun May 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Baloo is a poppet - absolutely adore him. Easy to harness after an initial face wash, and showing me how high he can jump. He walks beautifully on his lead. We went on a long walk today along the country lane. Every time a car came along, I asked him to sit. 100% success rate.....albeit his sit involves putting his bottom on my feet and as close to my legs as he can get. He loves his cuddles - and I love his cuddles - he's just so squishy. He greeted every dog we met very well - just a little enthusiastically. He greeted other walkers like long lost friends - even enticing a lovely man (sorry - terrible with names) to lay on the floor with him, outside the walkers room, and feed him sausages :shock: Love this boy.

image.jpg
Baloo doing his best sit on my feet. Xx
image.jpg
Beautiful baloo. X
Pegmilly

Postby LilyBlu » Sun May 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Love that last photo of Baloo on your feet Pegmilly!
LilyBlu

Postby Chapmania » Wed May 13, 2015 9:29 pm

I didn't get the chance to meet Baloo last Tuesday as he was at the vets so I was thrilled to meet him yesterday :)

What a welcome! After a lovely face wash we set off for our walk. Baloo is great company. Poor boy living in a garden all of his life I think he is enjoying his walks and above all the company. His cuddles are to die for. He is very connected to you. Baloo loved his time in the paddock, happily playing ball and enjoying some attention. I'm so looking forward to seeing Baloo being homed to some family who will really appreciate him. He is a super boy and so deserves to be loved and cherished. After the first meeting this boy stole my heart :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Chapmania

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed