Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Lichfield Staffordshire

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Lichfield Staffordshire

Postby xxlynne » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Current Status: Homed

Arthur32.jpg

Arthur's Needs:- Arthur needs a loving family who can offer him a life centred around his needs. He needs a regular exercise regime and routine on what to base his understanding and adjustment. Secure garden and front door Back gate regime. Above all a responsible devotional family. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Found stray chipped, no response from owners by telephone or writing. We saved him from being put to sleep. Collecting him on the 1st December 14

Arthur is a orange brindle and white, longer legged Staffie. He arrived with very long claws and flea infested which we corrected when he was neutered and vaccinated. Sad, and kind. Not leapy, not licky, just thoroughly appreciative.

Visit Arthur's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Arthur65.jpg
Arthur73.jpg

Arthur's Thread below: Watch the steady progress within our Loving care
Dog Warden's referral: I have this entire male staffy called Arthur, brindle in colour and white. Born in 2012. I've just met him but he seems a bit unsure and has been growling a bit. But seemed to be reacting ok to the other dog. Notification sent to the owner today but no ones has come forward yet. His last day will be the 25th November.
Arthur70.JPG
Arthur71.JPG

We saved Arthur and are due to collect him tomorrow 1st December 2014
xxlynne

Re: Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Guildford Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Arthur jumped into the dog mobile today with enthusiasm and settled like a seasoned traveller. His vibe is very kind and caring. During the journey he tried to address painfuul intruders at the base of his tail, I felt for him.

At the vets he weighed in as 21 Kilograms. Our vet neutered him, 1st vaccinated, applied advocate and cut his very long claws. Arthur wobbled out to the car and we placed a buster collar on him when he arrived at the kennels as he was still trying to address his itching 'biting' rear fur on his back. Sleep well little man..lots of lovely walks to take your mind off your body whilst it heals and then you will fly out into your new family we are sure. Arthur loves dogs.

ArthurG45.jpg
ArthurG19.jpg
ArthurG25.jpg
ArthurG44.jpg
xxlynne

Postby MandaTK » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:41 pm

He looks gorgeous and I look forward to meeting him at Guildford kennels very soon. :smiley-gen132.gif:
MandaTK

Postby MrsP » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 am

Arthur IS gorgeous, and gentle. He was a little unsure to begin with but by the end of our time together I was getting cuddles and kisses. Arthur is very sweet around other dogs and makes cute little puppy noises still, despite being 2. He plods along beautifully on his lead and is a real snuffler. I took him into the paddock and he was a little scared of the boomer balls and the sudden freedom, so I ran around a bit and he soon joined in. It was a delight to see him relax and bomb about like a young dog should. His fur is recovering from his little visitors and he was not concerned by his back end at all so I think his treatment has worked a treat ;)

Incredibly handsome
Arthur1.JPG

He somehow manages to be long and leggy but small at the same time
Arthur2.JPG

I am MAD for a white sock and Arthur has an AWESOME sock!
Arthur3.JPG

This face was post run around and shortly before I got a few reserved little kisses, he's so cute even when he's hiding his ears ;)
Arthur4.JPG

"MWAH" PUPPY xxx
MrsP

Postby Nurse Flo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:29 pm

I met this young lad for the first time yesterday when we took him on the charity walk. He seemed a little unsure about everything at first but still trusted us enough to jump easily into the crate in our car. He made a few squeaks during the 30 minute journey but generally travelled very well. There were times when we thought that we had a tiny teeny chihuahua pup in the back of the car and not a Staffie as his squeaks so belonged to a tiny teeny dog :biggrin.gif:.
He was VERY well behaved for most of his day (more about that later!). He walked happily along with loads of people and loads of dogs without any issues at all. He does seem a little uncertain about "everything" at times and needs reassurance and love from his human. He has the most beautiful, kind face and he broke my heart when he looked at me to ask me what was going on. He is easily reassured and cheered up though with a little stroke and some kind words.
Unfortunately, he was bad mannered with his older, dignified kennel mate who he had spent the day with by mounting him at the end of the day. He was really told off for this by his doggy mate so was soon put in his place. This behaviour can maybe be expected from a young, recently neutered male but hopefully the telling off will teach him not to mount older sensible dogs that have no interest in THAT!
This young lad just loves people and has a beautiful, kind nature. It was a little sad to see when he was scared of the world but his unhappiness doesn't last long if you give him big cuddles and kisses. His moments of unhappiness would I am sure disappear if he lived in a home with people that loved him and my goodness he SO deserves to be loved. His gentle nature would make him the most devoted of dogs. He gave us a few glimpses of the puppy he really is by skipping on the spot and trying to throw a stick around and catch it.
We loved spending the day with him and are praying SO hard that this boy gets a home soon. PLEASE.
Nurse Flo

Postby Tim » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Both Rachel and I fell in love with this friendly chap - he got an air of innocence about him and simply loves cuddles :)

he has the most remarkable colourings looks like his got a long white sock on too ;)

he was a wee bit nervous when we first met him however 5 mins after being in the paddock he was soon giving Rachel a sloppy lick

untitled.jpg

who could resist such a face
untitled-2.jpg

untitled-7.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
untitled-6.jpg

He loved running after the ball......
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Re: Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Godstone Kenns

Postby MrsP » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Lovely pictures of the boy Tim! He is such a beautiful baby boy and needs looking after, I love Arthur a bit too much :smiley-gen132.gif:
MrsP

Postby MrsP » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:05 am

I miss this face. Glad I got another wander with Arthur before he went to make more friends.
Artie.JPG
MrsP

Postby xxlynne » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 am

Arthur is joining the kennel staff for lunch...favouritism...YOU bet!
xxlynne

Re: Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Crawley Xmas foster

Postby SarahW » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:09 pm

I got to walk the delightful Arthur last Saturday. He was a bit shy and reserved at first but still friendly. Five minutes later in the paddock enjoying a game a fetch and we had made firm friends. Such a gorgeous looking chap. He walked lovely. I sat with him in his kennel after and even got a few kisses for my cuddles. Arthur is just adorable.

Art.jpg
Art1.jpg
Art2.jpg
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Re: Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Dover Kent sleepover

Postby Wendy Stapleton » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:36 am

Being off work, over the Christmas period, I offered to give a dog a break from kennels and was given the choice of three - I chose Arthur.

Upon arrival at the kennels I came across a walker returning with Arthur. He greeted me nicely, all four paws on the ground, but I was warned that he was wearing his new Christmas cologne...eau de fox poop!

He was the only dog in his block that wasn't making a noise. His friendly face welcomed me into his kennel and he has got to be the easiest dog I have ever harnessed. No tussling with the leads, no jumping, no mouthing and we walked out the block without a fuss.

Arthur travelled extremely well in the car. There was no on the seat off the seat or fidgeting, he sat so calmly taking in the new smells from the window. One of the days we practically spent the whole day in the car as we had to do various trips to diy stores. Arthur received a ten out of ten that day as he travelled without any destruction nor did he once moan. He is funny though as sometimes he sits back to front on the seat.

Once home we went for a walk round the block and he greeted a couple of my friends nicely into the house. What he didn't know was that I had called them over to help me give him a bath as I am not so fond of the eau de fox poop aroma. Riga mortice seemed to set in when lifting him into the bath but once in he was good as gold. That said he liked it more when it was over and he received a good old towel rub down. Once the bathroom door was opened Arthur went bonkers running up and down the stairs (I have six small flights), running on and over the sofas and kicked up the rugs on the laminate floor - I know dogs have funny five minutes but this was something else! Seems the madness also occurs when he gets a towel down after being out in the rain.

Arthur is definitely an on the furniture dog. He loves being on the sofa for cuddles, loves nothing more than lying on his back with all fours in the air, enjoys a good dream and being under the duvet at bedtime. However, this boy can snore and he also has a habit of grinding his teeth.

Getting ready for a walk with Arthur is easy peasy. He sits patiently and allows you to get ready without getting under your feet. Out walking he does like to sniff and needs some direction on the extender lead as he has a tendency to wonder. We came across a cat, on the other side of the road, he looked, he saw, he carried on walking. So far we have only walked past one dog on the same side of the road, which was a little dog with a big attitude. When back from a walk Arthur gets playful but he doesn't seem interested in toys but does love a good bone. You do have to watch out for low level items as he likes to chew, throw and pounce.

On evening we visited friends that have one 3 year old, 11 month old twins, 3 cats and one rabbit. The cats were relocated to the bedroom for the evening so I don't know what he would have been like with them. However, I can say that he absolutely fine with the children and after he had a good sniff of the rabbit he left her alone for the rest of the night.

Arthur is not over keen on being left in the garden, on his own, for long but whilst he is out there he likes to bury his bone. He learnt that he cannot run through the bottom of a door made of glass...bless him...his poor nose that day.

Whilst with me his was exposed to various noises; hair dryer, handheld dyson, fireworks, power tools and none bothered him at all.

Seems to me that Arthur is a real sweetie. He is kind, quiet, easy, friendly, calm but mad as hatter when having a moment. Whomever adopts Arthur will get themselves a real special boy.
Wendy Stapleton

Re: Arthur Staffie DOB 2012 Dover Kent sleepover

Postby DebbyandJim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Posted for Wendy - Arthur enjoying the home comforts
Arthur.jpg
All four legs in the air!
DebbyandJim

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed