Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.13 Seaford East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
MrsP

Re: Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

So Marley was a bit of dreamboat today, fairly strong on the lead to begin with but soon twigged that Laura doesn't move if she's pulled too much, he's a bright lad. His 'sit and look at me' is awesome but he struggles to do it when something comes along that he's scared of, and bless him that was quite a few things today. Canoes, boats, swans, large hiking groups, off-lead dogs they were all pretty nerve-racking for him. He showed his nerves by sticking to the spot and putting his little tail between his legs, he responded beautifully to physical and verbal reassurance so I think he will soon learn not to worry.
The off-lead dogs were particularly good for him today as they were all dogs doing a 'job' (jogging with their human, fetching a ball in and out of the river) and they had zero interest in meeting him. The first dog got some grumbles as we stood to the side, the second some murmurs and puffs, the third was just watched intently and by the fourth I could convince him with some high-pitched encouragement to move from the spot and carry on.
Very relaxed going into his kennel, I think because he was completely mentally exhausted from the sensory overload that is a Guildford walk. He is an absolutely beautiful boy and will be a complete cracker with the right support.
Marley1.jpg
Marley2.jpg
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

Oh my god. I think I'm in love! Marley! What a softy! Such a lovely boy. It was our first meeting but I was greeted like an old friend. Marley looooves tummy rubs! He stood up for a cuddle and then stood on my feet facing outwards so he could have a no feet on the floor tummy rub. Such a good boy when we were out didn't show any insecurity today just enjoying being out. We spent most of our walk sat down cuddling becuase I couldn't resist him. Marley loved crawling and rolling around in the grass. I love this boy. He is absolutely fantastic!

Just watching the world go by
Just watching the world go by

Beautiful puppy
Beautiful puppy
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

Marley and I had a great play time on the extender lead today. He is such a darling. Just look at that adorable puppy smile!
IMG-20160304-WA0007_opt.jpg
IMG-20160304-WA0004_opt.jpg
IMG-20160304-WA0006_opt.jpg
IMG-20160304-WA0005_opt.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley is really increasing in confidence and did some lovely loose lead walking today. We walked past two dogs calmly and he did some very relaxed air sniffing. Marley's kennel is next to Lara's which I think is good for him as when he comes back from his walk she does a little play bow & dance at the end of her kennel. Today we stood there for a while and her showed a gentle interest in her and had a little wiggle :D

I got fabo bench cuddles today too thumbs.gif
Marley1.jpg
Marley3.jpg
SWOON!
SWOON!
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Oh he hasn't 'arf come on a treat that Marley boy! Was a delight to walk today, still not sure of other dogs but did his 'sit and look at me' perfectly when our paths crossed with Oliver, Missie, a GSD and a poodle.
Honestly he is the brightest dog, he's learnt 'behind' and walks behind me around blind corners and his road walking is impeccable. Here's a video of him walking along the busy main road, there's no physical correction, he pulls forward a bit which you see on his collar, I say 'easy' and he slows down. Not the best angle and excuse my vast thighs! I'm madly in love with Marley.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

I'm quite distraught at the thought of not seeing Marley this weekend, I'm doing a reading at my friend's wedding (very thoughtless of him to get married on a Saturday!). Marley does this gorgeous thing where he tries to get me to pick him up for cuddles, he stands on his back legs whilst I bend over to stroke him and kiss his head and once he's got his front legs over my arm he tries to use his back legs to climb up me. I don't pick him up cos I can see it turning into me carrying him around, big baby that he is Kiss of love.gif
Marley is a bit of a dreamboy for me, I love a dog that needs a bit of input, and Marley does need someone to show him the way. He has a beautiful nature though and will be worth the effort.
The way he looks at you is reward enough....
Marley4.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley is improving around other dogs every week. He's really ready for his home. I spend lots of time in his kennel with him before and after his walk and he is gentle, calm, responsive and thoroughly loving.
Marley1.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley has found a friend in Flora, he's very relaxed in her company and she's a good dog for him to learn from as her doggy skills are smashing.
Cow watching
Cow watching
Marley3.jpg
totally chilled watching Flora roll around like a loon
totally chilled watching Flora roll around like a loon
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Marley was my first walk of the day yesterday and it was also the first time we’d had an outing together. He always waits so hopefully in his kennel and I feel sorry for him as he’s on his special diet and therefore never gets a scrumptious treat, but I think he infinitely prefers an excursion, so after much excitement while we got all togged up (him – harness; me – wellies), we whizzed out of the gate and across the road. I’d been expecting Marley to be strong and perhaps even hard to handle, but he walked beautifully in the sunshine with great enthusiasm – he stopped and sniffed every few yards making the most of his walk.
Marley 1.jpg
As we headed towards the river his nose was permanently to the ground and as soon as we hit the lush long grass he writhed around with great abandon – it must feel so good to have an energetic wriggle on this soft ground and he was the object of delighted interest and super-wide smiles from the folks taking their narrow boat through the lock!
Marley 2.jpg
Walking along the river bank, Marley soon became transfixed by the cows in the opposite field. He stood like a handsome statue watching as they moved slowly about their enclosure and he was captivated by the tiny Belted Galloway calf which had spotted our Marley and made a bee-line for the fence. Both stared with wonder at the other creature – it really makes you think “what must be going through their minds? … If only they could talk!”
Marley 3.jpg
After a couple of easy-going circuits of the island, Marley and I sat for a while beside the river and he seemed calm and relaxed (although more wriggle sessions and belly surfs were enthusiastically undertaken). Having had a little rest Marley decided that he should show me his more boisterous side, deciding to wrestle with his lead and give me a head-butt (one of many I’ve received from eager companions since walking for Rescue Remedies!). So I felt it was time to expend some of the extra energy on a brisk walk back to the kennels instead and Marley brilliantly settled into step with me, happily striding out again after our riverside time-out.
Marley 4.jpg
Marley is a gorgeous boy with lots of love to give and an enormous personality. He’s so alert and enthralled by his surroundings that he would be a marvellous companion if you love all outdoor pursuits. But I’m sure that a comfy sofa and devoted affection is also high on Marley’s wish-list. He deserves every chance to shine in a loving forever home … so please don’t let him wait to show just what a smashing fellow he is …
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley and I had a lovely stroll on Saturday, he's amazing.

It was warm so we had lots of breaks, which was just an excuse for me to squish him.
Marley5.jpg
Marley6.jpg
Marley has a really special personality and the ability to brighten the dullest of days love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”