Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.13 Seaford East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Godstone Kenns

Post by SarahW »

It was very hot on our walk yesterday but as ever Marley was delightful company. We stopped at the pond, Marley loved the cool ground by the pond. He is maturing so much and becoming such a calmer boy. He is good coming out of the kennel and I haven't had him grabbing the leads in such a long time. Marley responds to calm handling. He really is a lovely natured happy boy who loves one on one time with his walkers. I love him to bits! :smiley-gen132.gif:

marley1.jpg
marley2.jpg
Treat please!
Treat please!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had a lovely, if hot, walk with Marley today. He walked past the horses today without issue which is something that has been improving. I think in the past he has been scared and has barked and jumped around a bit but now he has got used to them he is relaxed and not bothered. Getting to know Marley has been a real pleasure. I get the impression he did not know much about the world when he first came to us and has at times got over-stimulated and not known how to deal with things but I really feel he is maturing in outlook. He still has stuff to learn I am sure but with alert handling I think he will make great progress. I have got used to him and can see when he is getting over excited before it becomes a concern and have been able to distract him out of it. He is a sweet dog who tries hard to please and that is why he has so much potential with the right home. I do love this gorgeous staffie-boy.
Marley loves getting a 'mud treatment' at the pond!
Marley loves getting a 'mud treatment' at the pond!
muddy-pup!
muddy-pup!
marley3.jpg
Watching the horses
Watching the horses
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Marley had a great time zooming around the paddock last week. He has speed but not much accuracy (like many staffies :biggrin.gif: ) so there were a few times when I thought he was going to head right into me, but didn't (maybe then his accuracy is better than I think :D ). After that some much deserved back scratches were in order followed by a nice walk.
mar2.jpg
mar1.jpg
mar3.jpg
mar4.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Marley much enjoyed his walk with Helen on Saturday, while I walked with Pablo. Pablo is very chilled walking with other dogs so Marley enjoyed walking with him. Two of my fave boys together so it was lovely!
marley1.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Marley is quite a sensitive little boy, who just excels when being told he's a good boy. I had no lead grabbing today, he tried, was told no, then given lots of praise. If you talk to him calmly, walk him calmly, Marley behaves calmly. I found just letting him do his own thing for 5 minutes, run off some energy but almost ignoring him at the same time worked for me. After that we practiced recall and sit. Marley loved doing this. When ever I told him what a good boy he was, he laid down and showed me his belly for tummy tickles. He also loved having his head stroked, his eyes crinkled up and he gave me the best smiles. Marley was beautifully behaved today.
Marley45.jpg
Marley46.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I have had regular walks with Marley but not posted any updates - sorry Marley :oops:. He continues to become a calm, more mature dog. I have continued to not have any lead grabbing from him. He really is the most lovely boy who would flourish in an experienced forever home. He does have that excitable energy some staffies can have but being able to spot the signs stops him getting OTT. He wants to please and wants to learn. Like Pegmilly has said in her previous post he delights in being told what a good boy he is. I am so impressed with Marley he is learning so much whilst being in a kennel environment which just shows how much potential this boy has.

I would love to see him in an experienced, calm forever home. He could develop and in the process provide so much love and show what a loyal, happy boy he is.

Here are quite a few photos from recent walks , but he is sooo handsome who would object!
Hot day Marley got brave an headed into the water
Hot day Marley got brave an headed into the water
He loved it!
He loved it!
What a kissable face!
What a kissable face!
Beautiful staffie boy
Beautiful staffie boy
mar5.jpg
So happy
So happy
Sitting for a treat!
Sitting for a treat!
mar8.jpg
mar9.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Marley came for a sleepover yesterday. We went for a walk at the kennels first then some paddock time and finally a bath. This was a two man job and Pattie from the kennels was my much needed second pair of hands. Marley was not really sure what was going on so kept trying to make a run for it! :D .

Marley travelled really well in the car, curling up on the front seat. To say he was excited when first arriving in the flat would be an understatement! :D He run around like a loon for 5 minutes, then sniffed and investigated everything. It was a bit like having a full grown puppy in the flat. I didn't begrudge Marley any of this as he has not had much time out of kennels in his life so he was bound to be excited. As time wore on he calmed down and had a snooze on the dog bed.

Marley has a cough at the moment so I have been trying to keep him from exerting himself...no easy task, but he has enjoyed spoonfuls of honey to help sooth his throat. He slept on the bed last night and was a lovely snuggly boy.

Marley can get over-excited but I have found it easy to distract him from getting too excited and rewarding him for calm behaviour. If only there were more weekends in the week I would be able to foster this boy regularly too! :smiley-gen132.gif: He has been so chilled out today. My dad popped by for a coffee and Marley gave him a very friendly greeting and after a few minutes for very excited hellos Marley chilled down and went back to enjoying his chew!

Marley is housetrained and goes to toilet quickly on his walks. He is a very affectionate boy who likes cuddles, not overly licky. He listens most of the time! :biggrin.gif: He wants to please and reads people well. He is a higher energy dog who I think would enjoy an active home.
Mar1.jpg
mar2.jpg
mar3.jpg
mar4.jpg
mar5.jpg
Mar6.jpg
mar7.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had a lovely paddock session and walk with Marley on Wednesday. Marley had so much fun zooming around the paddock. He has matured so much in the last six months and is ready for his forever home. Marley is a friendly, affectionate staffie who will make you laugh everyday. I love this boy so much and am keeping my fingers crossed that someone will see this wonderful boy and offer him the home he deserves!
mar5.jpg
mar6.jpg
mar4.jpg
mar3.jpg
mar2.jpg
mar1.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Helen walked Marley on Saturday whilst I walked Pablo. Marley seems to enjoy Pablo's calm energy and they both walk well together. I walked Marley earlier today and he really enjoyed off-lead time in the paddock, the rain did not put him off but it made getting pictures of him a bit difficult hence only the one picture!
Marley and Helen
Marley and Helen
Zooooooooomm!
Zooooooooomm!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Marley was my first walk today. He really is turning into a lovely calm boy. I have no problem getting him out of his kennel (always after a very happy hello). It was a bit grey and gloomy but Marley was the perfect companion cheering me up with his enthusiasm for his walk. I have not had any lead grabbing from him in ages, he has got over that stage with me. So he may try it with walkers he knows less well but I hope it is more of a universal change in his habits. I do love him to bits and think he would make a great family pet, with older children as he can be a bit bouncy when excited. He is a bit of a softy really and loves cuddles and being told what a good boy he is. :D
Chilling out at our half way point on the walk
Chilling out at our half way point on the walk
Did I smell sausages.....?
Did I smell sausages.....?
Such a kissable face!
Such a kissable face!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”