Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.13 Seaford East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I have got to walk Marley a few times since he has been back at Gatwick. To echo Pegmilly, Marley really has matured since I last saw him. He is still one of the most beautiful staffies I have ever seen. He is chunkier than he used to be and I think it suits him! It is wonderful to get to spend time with Marley and go and have a cuddle with him each Saturday. I love this boy to bits.
mar2.jpg
mar3.jpg
mar1.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2451.JPG
I was so pleased to see Marley today - I had been thinking about him all week. He was easy to harness, we were off in record time. We walked at a nice, steady pace, moments of pulling but they were just moments and certainly not unmanageable. We stopped lots of times for cuddles - Marley remained calm and happily accepted my kisses and hugs. He has blossomed so much and can now contain his excitement and express it in an appropriate way. When we were sitting over the field, we both just sat there enjoying the peace and quiet with the sun on our faces. Marley is my idea of what rescue is all about - supporting a dog through the tougher months, watching them change, mature and become the wonderful dogs we see before us. It's Marleys time to shine now - our little frog has turned in to the prince of staffies and is so deserving of his very own home. Xxx.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2542.JPG
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2539.JPG
IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_2535.JPG
IMG_2534.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG
Lisa and myself took the adorable Marley to the pub today for a quick drink - I've said it before but walking the dogs is thirsty work oops.gif oops.gif!! He loved the short car ride, settled in a minute. We'd already decided to sit in the garden and just let Marley enjoy being somewhere new, without overwhelming him. To say he was happy would be an understatement - he rolled, rolled, rolled and rolled some more on the garden grass. His legs were in the air and he shuffled his back along the grass - just happy to be out even in the simplest of surroundings. He was such a good boy, letting me and lisa enjoy our drinks - he just sat by our legs watching people pass and taking in the sights of a new place. I'm smitten with Marley - despite his long stay in kennels he is a very well adjusted young man who is so ready for his own family. Xx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2632.JPG
IMG_2631.JPG
Marley has my heart - in fact he's turned me in to the dog walking diva as I now insist he's on my list of dogs to walk......who knew i was sooo demanding?!? (apologies to Cora our wonderful dog walking planner for turning in to this diva :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif:). Took Marley on a lovely long walk today. We went on a different route with a little more exposure to life beyond the safety of kennel walks. Marley loved it!! He pulled me today, nothing unmanageable, just excitement at seeing unfamiliar sights. When we got back we went to the paddock. We sat on the swing having a lovely cuddle and I got a Marley make over - full ear clean and face wash plus a covering of eau de dog breath..... We had a little practice at recall - Marley, like lots of dogs, has sausage hearing. He'll only listen if he knows there's a sausage on offer 0002.gif] Love this boy to bits.xx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2697.JPG
IMG_2696.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG
So, this dog walking diva politely insisted Marley was on my list yesterday - I just adore him. When I got to kennels, my friend and fellow walker asked me if I minded if she walked Marley. YES I DO MIND VERY MUCH!! However, she's my friend so I let her hold the leads while I took some photos - how kind am I??? Lisa came with us to the paddock where Marley made us laugh so much. He kept kissing the top of her head, running off, then kissing the top of her head again. She left the paddock with a brand new hairstyle - the mohawk 0002.gif] 0002.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2801.JPG
IMG_2800.JPG
Marley has moved kennels - he can now see everyone who comes and goes from his penthouse suite.....and I can see his adorable face at the window. I blew him kisses every time I passed, not sure he knew what i was doing and another walker said I was nuts but my intentions are good!! As always, he was brilliant to walk. He pulled for the first five minutes but soon settled. He's such a polite boy - when the other walkers say hello to him, even though he's desperate to get going on his walk, he always makes time for hello's - albeit very brief. He puts his head forward, accepts the nano second stroke, moves on to the next walker so all of his fans get to get stroke him. My favourite time with Marley is when he's off lead in the paddock. He charges around, narrowly missing my legs, and just looks so carefree.......then I get my Marley cuddles. He sits next to me, leans in to me, cleans my face and hair. Let me tell you he's no Pantene! After my Marley makeover, we sit, cuddle and just be. I've subconsciously started to call Marley, 'my Marley'. Other Sunday walkers beware......I'll sneakily amend the walkers spreadsheet if I have to sign_omg.gif sign_omg.gif :smiley-rolleyes010.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

The first time I walked Marley, was three years ago at Godstone. He was a nervous, skinny boy who grabbed the leads, mouthed my arms and was generally all over the place. Today, I thought it was a different dog. Marley is a well filled out, handsome, confident dog. He met me calmly, walked beautifully and has grown up and matured into a very nice dog. More than ready and deserving of his home now.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2902.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2900.JPG
IMG_2899.JPG
IMG_2898.JPG
I could sing Marleys praises all day long - to me he is just perfect and I wouldn't change a single thing about him, other than to see him in his very own home. His face was up at the window of his plush new kennel when he saw me - tail wagging, big smile on his face. Lisa accompanied us on our walk - and I very unselfishly, because she's my friend, let her hold his leads for a whole minute!!! I know, I know, I'm a great friend 0002.gif]. We took Marley to the stream - I nearly done an Olympic dive when Marley decided to get to the stream a lot quicker than my legs could muster (with hindsight - this would have been the best time to let Lisa hold the leads!). In he went, had a paddle, then a little lie down. The sun was out so I didn't mind him getting wet - wouldn't want Marley catching a cold. I always take him to the paddock when we get back from our walk. I love his zoomies, his mad two minutes but most of all i like my cuddle time with him. It doesn't matter, how much I kiss him, hug him, fuss him, he never gets over excited or acts silly. Love Marley to bits. Xxx
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

I hadn't seen Marley since his Godstone days and boy has he settled! A gorgeous chunky cuddle monkey now greeted me, happy to be harnessed and we were off. This boy is just scrummy and all the things others have said are totally true. A perfect staffie boy who is ready to love his forever family - get in there quick!
IMG_0691.JPG
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Marley is such a stunning, chunky boy. He was very well behaved today and we had a calm walk. The only time he pulled and got a bit stressed was when he saw another dog running loose. Otherwise, I couldn't fault him today. Marley has lots of energy so is keeping it together being stuck in kennels bless him.

This face! Butter wouldn't melt!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”