Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Guildford Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Guildford Kenns

Postby MrsP » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:04 pm

I wasn't down to walk Marley boy yesterday but went in to his kennel for cuddles before I went home. He was so excited to see me he had a little piddle, bless his heart. He knew we weren't going out because I didn't have any leads, so he clambered up on my lap, which was hilarious as I was squatting and holding my own weight and his wasn't going to last and I quickly ended on my backside!
I know in the past that Marley would get overexcited in his kennel and would be a bit mouthy, but he's just not that dog anymore. He's definitely matured and you can easily just hang out with him sharing cuddles and kisses even when he hasn't been out that day.
Special lad x
MrsP

Postby MrsP » Sun May 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Marley has found a friend in Flora, he's very relaxed in her company and she's a good dog for him to learn from as her doggy skills are smashing.
Marley2.jpg
Cow watching
Marley3.jpg

Marley4.jpg
totally chilled watching Flora roll around like a loon
MrsP

Postby Nurse Flo » Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Having read this lad's early posts it really was heartwarming to see for myself today how very far he has come in his RR journey.
Calm yet affectionate cuddles in his kennel before our walk and then a happy & confident Marley was strutting his stuff with his kennel mate Lara walking just behind us.
There was a smidgen of the "old" Marley on the walk but for just the briefest of time. We walked past some buildings & he appeared worried by either a very large barrel or some flags BUT with lots of silly voiced encouragement from me he soon got over his worries and continued strutting around Guildford with his head held high.
I LOVE this boy and soooo hope that he can be given the much deserved chance to continue to flourish with a person of his very own.
Nurse Flo

Postby JacquiC » Wed May 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Marley was my first walk of the day yesterday and it was also the first time we’d had an outing together. He always waits so hopefully in his kennel and I feel sorry for him as he’s on his special diet and therefore never gets a scrumptious treat, but I think he infinitely prefers an excursion, so after much excitement while we got all togged up (him – harness; me – wellies), we whizzed out of the gate and across the road. I’d been expecting Marley to be strong and perhaps even hard to handle, but he walked beautifully in the sunshine with great enthusiasm – he stopped and sniffed every few yards making the most of his walk.

Marley 1.jpg

As we headed towards the river his nose was permanently to the ground and as soon as we hit the lush long grass he writhed around with great abandon – it must feel so good to have an energetic wriggle on this soft ground and he was the object of delighted interest and super-wide smiles from the folks taking their narrow boat through the lock!

Marley 2.jpg

Walking along the river bank, Marley soon became transfixed by the cows in the opposite field. He stood like a handsome statue watching as they moved slowly about their enclosure and he was captivated by the tiny Belted Galloway calf which had spotted our Marley and made a bee-line for the fence. Both stared with wonder at the other creature – it really makes you think “what must be going through their minds? … If only they could talk!”

Marley 3.jpg

After a couple of easy-going circuits of the island, Marley and I sat for a while beside the river and he seemed calm and relaxed (although more wriggle sessions and belly surfs were enthusiastically undertaken). Having had a little rest Marley decided that he should show me his more boisterous side, deciding to wrestle with his lead and give me a head-butt (one of many I’ve received from eager companions since walking for Rescue Remedies!). So I felt it was time to expend some of the extra energy on a brisk walk back to the kennels instead and Marley brilliantly settled into step with me, happily striding out again after our riverside time-out.

Marley 4.jpg

Marley is a gorgeous boy with lots of love to give and an enormous personality. He’s so alert and enthralled by his surroundings that he would be a marvellous companion if you love all outdoor pursuits. But I’m sure that a comfy sofa and devoted affection is also high on Marley’s wish-list. He deserves every chance to shine in a loving forever home … so please don’t let him wait to show just what a smashing fellow he is …
JacquiC

Postby MrsP » Mon May 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Marley and I had a lovely stroll on Saturday, he's amazing.

It was warm so we had lots of breaks, which was just an excuse for me to squish him.

Marley5.jpg
Marley6.jpg

Marley has a really special personality and the ability to brighten the dullest of days love4.gif
MrsP

Postby Nurse Flo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:25 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Marley and I spent a lovely few hours together today. This lad is very special and although a happy chappie most of the time he does lack a bit of confidence so really appreciates kindnesss and guidance. He loves people and is desperate for a special someone to love him and guide him through life - can you give him what he is desperately looking for? He would be a very faithful friend if someone would give him a chance.
Nurse Flo

Postby MrsP » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 am

Marley got a new collar yesterday after having a wonderful walk. Here he is showing off to one of Vigil Rescue's Trustees, he's good at winning new friends, beautiful boy love4.gif
Marley7.jpg
MrsP

Postby Nurse Flo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes, I am biased as I TOTALLY love this boy but he is coming on sooooo much despite being in kennels. He can get a little excited BUT really responds now to verbal instructions and high quality treats. He has proved to be a little clever clogs as his walkers have been doing a little training with him for just a few weeks and yet he has most definitely cottoned on to what we want from him. When asked to "watch" he looks at me so intently it's adorable and his post walk kennel cuddles are, well -COR!
There must be someone out there who needs a very loving friend. love4.gif
Nurse Flo

Postby MrsP » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Marley is one of my all time favourite boys, he bonds in a special way and really needs a human to lavish his love on.
Marley10.jpg
meeting a CowShed charity cow

Marley9.jpg
Showing new walker Ryan the soldier the ropes

Marley8.jpg
I'm a good boy aren't I? Not to mention beautiful!
MrsP

Postby SarahW » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Oh Marley how I miss walking you, so I love seeing an update. Marley is such a loving boy and great fun to be around. He would make his forever home such a happy joyous place! love4.gif
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby JacquiC » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Marley is such a handsome and lovable boy, so it was a great treat for me to be paired with him on the walkers’ rota. He can look a little serious in his kennel, with his solemn expression and soulful eyes – as he’d really LOVE to find a family and home of his very own – but as soon as you go in to meet him with the leads and harness, he is overjoyed and endlessly helpful as he tries to put his harness on himself!

Marley 2.1.jpg

I’m amazed at how good he is while out walking – both on the pavement and then heading out into the countryside. He didn’t strain on his lead at all and made the sweetest snuffling, chortling, snoring noises as he rambled along the path beside me. Funnily enough, although the cows which usually inhabit the field were nowhere to be seen he was still transfixed by the water trough – but on our return to the kennels the mothers with their calves had come back to that spot and Marley greeted them cheerily, as if to say, “you lot took your time; I’ve been out for ages!” He’s such a funny boy!

Marley 2.2.JPG

Marley proved himself to be a complete water-baby, as he was drawn to the river like a moth to a flame. At one of the steeper banks he flopped onto his tummy and did his Ninja crawl down towards the water, before deciding (on his own) that he might be able to find a slightly easier access point further along. (He’s a really smart cookie, and I was relieved as had he gone in at that point there’s no doubt I would have followed him in, head-first!)

Marley 2.3.JPG

Very soon we came upon the shallow bank and Marley ‘Phelps’ launched himself into the water with great gusto for a lovely swim and serious refreshment. After a few seconds he waded back out, turned in a big circle ... and plunged back in again ... such sheer joy is a pleasure to witness!

Marley 2.4.JPG

We set off on another circuit, but sadly when we came to the same spot (where he and I had hoped he could have another dip), we were greeted by two canoeists who had come ashore for lunch under the tree. Although they had spoiled his fun, Marley was a perfect gentleman, saying a quick hello (in the vain hope of being invited to join their picnic), and trotting off along the path where he had lots of nice doggie treats of his own and slurps of water (for being such a good boy and showing his lovely manners). Bad luck, dear Marley – next time we will take up residence on that river bank and you can have all the swims you’d like!

Marley 2.6.JPG

Heading back after our afternoon walk, there were lots more photo opportunities to show what a handsome chap he is, and after saying goodbye to his bovine chums he ambled beautifully along the road before having more lovely hugs and treats in his kennel. Marley is a gorgeous boy, with lots of love to give. He would thrive and blossom in a loving family home – he really deserves to the chance to show what a magnificent companion he would be …

Marley 2.5.JPG
I "heart" you too, Marley
JacquiC

Postby SarahW » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 am

Wonderfully written update JacquiC. Especially "he made the sweetest snuffling, chortling, snoring noises as he rambled along the path beside me" oh that reminded me of Marley so well. I miss walking this sweet soul but love reading the updates from Guildford walkers. :thanks.gif: 0093.gif :goodjob.gif:
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

PreviousNext

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES