Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Guildford Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Guildford Kenns

Postby MrsP » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:08 pm

So Marley was a bit of dreamboat today, fairly strong on the lead to begin with but soon twigged that Laura doesn't move if she's pulled too much, he's a bright lad. His 'sit and look at me' is awesome but he struggles to do it when something comes along that he's scared of, and bless him that was quite a few things today. Canoes, boats, swans, large hiking groups, off-lead dogs they were all pretty nerve-racking for him. He showed his nerves by sticking to the spot and putting his little tail between his legs, he responded beautifully to physical and verbal reassurance so I think he will soon learn not to worry.
The off-lead dogs were particularly good for him today as they were all dogs doing a 'job' (jogging with their human, fetching a ball in and out of the river) and they had zero interest in meeting him. The first dog got some grumbles as we stood to the side, the second some murmurs and puffs, the third was just watched intently and by the fourth I could convince him with some high-pitched encouragement to move from the spot and carry on.
Very relaxed going into his kennel, I think because he was completely mentally exhausted from the sensory overload that is a Guildford walk. He is an absolutely beautiful boy and will be a complete cracker with the right support.

Marley1.jpg
Marley2.jpg
MrsP

Postby SarahW » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Thank you MrsP for looking after Marley. He is a great dog and Guildford will be such a good place for him to experience new things. So happy he has got to meet you as you work wonders with the dogs. :thanks.gif: I will miss Marley so please give him a cuddle from me. Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby Bunnyowl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:12 pm

Oh my god. I think I'm in love! Marley! What a softy! Such a lovely boy. It was our first meeting but I was greeted like an old friend. Marley looooves tummy rubs! He stood up for a cuddle and then stood on my feet facing outwards so he could have a no feet on the floor tummy rub. Such a good boy when we were out didn't show any insecurity today just enjoying being out. We spent most of our walk sat down cuddling becuase I couldn't resist him. Marley loved crawling and rolling around in the grass. I love this boy. He is absolutely fantastic!
Attachments
IMG_20160228_104247_opt.jpg
Just watching the world go by
IMG_20160228_103747_opt.jpg
Beautiful puppy
Bunnyowl

Postby Bunnyowl » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Marley and I had a great play time on the extender lead today. He is such a darling. Just look at that adorable puppy smile!

IMG-20160304-WA0007_opt.jpg
IMG-20160304-WA0004_opt.jpg
IMG-20160304-WA0006_opt.jpg
IMG-20160304-WA0005_opt.jpg
Bunnyowl

Postby MandaTK » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:20 pm

I walked Marley yesterday. He is such a sweet boy. Really inquisitive and liked to see what was happening on both sides of the river. We met up with Rachel and the very gorgeous Baloo and Marley and Baloo walked really lovely side by side. When back in his kennel he really loves to have a cuddle so how can you resist. Gorgeous face, gorgeous boy. xxxxx Kiss of love.gif
MandaTK

Postby MrsP » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Marley is really increasing in confidence and did some lovely loose lead walking today. We walked past two dogs calmly and he did some very relaxed air sniffing. Marley's kennel is next to Lara's which I think is good for him as when he comes back from his walk she does a little play bow & dance at the end of her kennel. Today we stood there for a while and her showed a gentle interest in her and had a little wiggle :D

I got fabo bench cuddles today too thumbs.gif

Marley1.jpg

Marley3.jpg

Marley2.jpg
SWOON!
MrsP

Postby mandyandmike » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:06 pm

:iagree.gif: Gorgeous pic Laura
mandyandmike

Postby MrsP » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Oh he hasn't 'arf come on a treat that Marley boy! Was a delight to walk today, still not sure of other dogs but did his 'sit and look at me' perfectly when our paths crossed with Oliver, Missie, a GSD and a poodle.
Honestly he is the brightest dog, he's learnt 'behind' and walks behind me around blind corners and his road walking is impeccable. Here's a video of him walking along the busy main road, there's no physical correction, he pulls forward a bit which you see on his collar, I say 'easy' and he slows down. Not the best angle and excuse my vast thighs! I'm madly in love with Marley.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
MrsP

Postby SarahW » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:39 pm

What a good boy he is! Thank you Mrs P for helping Marley, he is obviously thriving at Guildford. Lovely video! Please pass on a cuddle and kiss from me. He is so ready for his forever home.
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby MrsP » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm quite distraught at the thought of not seeing Marley this weekend, I'm doing a reading at my friend's wedding (very thoughtless of him to get married on a Saturday!). Marley does this gorgeous thing where he tries to get me to pick him up for cuddles, he stands on his back legs whilst I bend over to stroke him and kiss his head and once he's got his front legs over my arm he tries to use his back legs to climb up me. I don't pick him up cos I can see it turning into me carrying him around, big baby that he is Kiss of love.gif
Marley is a bit of a dreamboy for me, I love a dog that needs a bit of input, and Marley does need someone to show him the way. He has a beautiful nature though and will be worth the effort.
The way he looks at you is reward enough....
Marley4.jpg
MrsP

Postby MandaTK » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:44 pm

My lunchtime companion today was the gorgeous Marley. We were joined by Reggie. At first the "boys" thought they might as well have a little bark at each other but after ten minutes into the walk it was only the occasional glance sideways and they were then walking beautifully parallel. Marley has the sweetest face and he has the ability to make you feel like all you want to do is squish him and kiss him. He cuddles to the max. We had a little cuddle time and I enjoyed it as much as Marley did. Back in his kennel he sat down and waited for a treat and then jumped up and snuggled his head into me for an extra cuddle. Boy when I see those pleading eyes its going to be difficult to resist. Marley needs a family who will nurture his young enthusiasm and give him the confidence he craves and loves. Marley likes to look at his walker for a bit of reassurance along with a "checking you are with me" and a big kiss of love! bighug.gif :smiley-love014.gif:
MandaTK

Postby MrsP » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Marley is improving around other dogs every week. He's really ready for his home. I spend lots of time in his kennel with him before and after his walk and he is gentle, calm, responsive and thoroughly loving.
Marley1.jpg
MrsP

PreviousNext

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES