Buttons Staffie DOB 2008 - 11th October 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Buttons Staffie DOB 2008 - 11th October 2021

Post by xxlynne »

Buttons3.JPG
12th Oct 2021: Hi Lynne, Sad to say little Lord Buttons came to the end of his little doggy road yesterday aged 14.

He was in good health apart from his last few days when his legs couldn’t cope due to old age arthritis , which he had been on medication for for a few months .

What a lovely boy he was, thank you for saving him .

Kind wishes
Chrissy
Buttons.jpg
Buttons Thread Below:
Current Status: Homed
Buttons needs:- a Staffie family who will anticipate his Staffieness of love, exuberance and devotion, and love him deeply for himself. Buttons needs stability and to be the centre of a caring family. Abandoned at the age of 6 tells us he has been doing a lot right 'til then. Only pet: but happy to meet other dogs out and about away from kennel environment but will not tolerate a dog running into his space like many Staffies: No damage done

Known background: Buttons was found tied up outside a supermarket chipped but former owner sold him on 5 years previous! The future was bleak...but we came forwards to offer him a Rescue place. Buttons is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Buttons was in foster near Gatwick and adopted by his fosterer.

About Buttons: Buttons is Mr Personality! 8 years young and settled in his skin. His eyes are like shining buttons in his little button face. Mischievous definitely! Those eyes with delight when in company & he is so appreciative of affection. Seems settled around dogs once away from the kennel environment in fact Buttons meets dogs well but mainly ignores them. Kennels were hard on him. Button’s will lead play initially which delays him finding his special family offering companionship: A Staffie you will want Tweet Sweet

Buttons is a brindle pedigree Stafford . Bustles along, happy to be there, greeting and making a beeline for the puddles and water. "Little Buttons is wonderfully responsive, seems to thrive off of instruction and was walking perfectly to heel within 5 minutes of walking. Does an adorable little look up for reassurance and really relaxes when told what to do then congratulated, made me want to squish his gorgeous little face! I controlled myself though as it would of been a bit mean of me to tell him what a good boy he was for being calm and relaxed and then do the complete opposite myself!" Mrs P volunteer. Buttons loves water; balls; and laps equally. Cuddlemonster.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

Visit Button's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Buttons45.jpg
Buttons67.jpg
Buttons83.jpg
Buttons2 (1).jpg
Button's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral: "Buttons is dark brindle Staffie, born in 2008. He is frightened of dogs in the kennels and has until the 22nd Sept at North London. He is microchipped but the owner apparently sold him on via internet 5 years ago and they do not have any contact details for him. He was actually found attached to a lamp post in Sainsbury’s car park, I believe he was simply dumped. Dog Warden"
Buttons 4.JPG
Baxster5.JPG
Buttons comes tomorrow into our care
Tim

Re: Buttons Staffie DOB 2008 Godstone Kenns

Post by Tim »

Met Buttons coming back from his walk with Becky yesterday and she didn't need much persuading to divert into the paddock :)
Even though this was the first time Buttons had met Becky he was very focused on her

untitled-2093.jpg

untitled-2091.jpg

untitled-2058.jpg
Waiting for Becky to throw the ball

untitled-2069.jpg
he kept looking over at me as if to say..."will you tell her to throw the ball"

untitled-2072.jpg

untitled-2107.jpg
He was a fast little dog so the camera went into sports mode to capture him

untitled-2063.jpg
Enjoying a back scratch (still with his ball :biggrin.gif: )

untitled-2085.jpg
He'e got a great name..great ears and oh so friendly too :biggrin.gif:
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

I had the pleasure of walking this little fella today. He gave me a lovely welcome then said let's go, he was oh so hopeful we were going to get in a car, I got the distinct impression he was waiting to go home :cry: bless him. Once out of the car park we focused on our walk, he loved the water trough so much he was doggy paddling even before he jumped right in :biggrin.gif: He found a tennis ball in the walker room and that was his favourite toy, he'd run after a different ball but hung onto the tennis ball while running :D He was however extremely good at placing it in my hand for it to be thown again :biggrin.gif:
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

Another lovely walk with Buttons today, he does try to grab the leads at the beginning of the walk but soon settles down and is raring to go. He surprised me today I thought once we were in the paddock and the leads were off he'd be running like the wind, not so, he was very in tune with me so maybe he has been an offlead dog. Once again we enjoyed fetch, I'd bought a bag of cheap 'dog' tennis balls and taken two in the paddock with us, they didn't last two seconds lol.
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

Buttons having fun in the paddock yesterday

buttons.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had my first walk with Buttons on Saturday. He is a lovely sturdy staffie boy. Very friendly meeting me and easy to harness and then we were off. A little bit of lead grabbing but I am sure that will settle down. It was my fault for faffing around re-arranging my pockets and not walking!

The heavens opened on us and poor Buttons got soaked. I had my waterproof so I felt I was much better off but he was soaked - not that it seemed to bother him in anyway, a proper little trouper. I like this boy and he has the Gabe look of one ear up and one ear down which is super cute.

I then dried him off when back in the kennel which he seemed to enjoy. Lovely friendly chap.

Only one picture which is a bit rubbish but it shows him sporting his 'wet look'!

Buttons.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

Love this little chap :smiley-love029.gif: we headed straight for the paddock today where we found the tennis ball Barley found had a squeak! Buttons absolutely loved that, we played fetch alternating the ball with a squeaky santa but ball was definitely favourite and it was carefully carried on our walk. Paddock first worked well for him it was a much calmer walk today but I guess he had to concentrate on carrying that ball. On our return I didn't have to reluctantly exit the kennel while persuading him to stay in, he was too busy taking his ball to bed to worry where I was going ;)
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I am with you Chinquest, Buttons is wonderful and I have fallen for him too. He is such a great little character. He makes gorgeous snuffly staffie noises when he has his ball and boy does he love a game of fetch! This is only my second walk with him today but he is so charming that I am smitten. We both got quite muddy after a walk and paddock time and I loved every minute. A bit of lead grabbing again but I was more prepared, no malice Buttons just gets excited so I distracted him out of it with treats, got moving and he was fine. He really is a very handsome chap and so much fun.

Buttons1.jpg

Buttons2.jpg

Buttons3.jpg

Buttons4.jpg
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

It had to be Buttons first for me today ;) a really good boy to harness, very eager to get going and then he hopefully heads out for the cars, when it's obvious he's not going in a car he does a little lead grabbing but we head for the paddock and run off that frustration, then off for a lovely walk carrying his new treasured tennis ball all the way :biggrin.gif: then back to his kennel where I had a special treat for him. He sniffed, he took his tennis ball and carefully stored it in his bed then he came back for the treat, sweet boy.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had another lovely walk with Buttons on Saturday. A lot less lead grabbing as we get to know each other. Such a happy staffie boy who really is fun to be with. He was so happy to be out and about. Had a good look at the cows in the field, much less interested in horses though!

Buttons1.jpg

Buttons2.jpg

Buttons3.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”