Rescue Remedies

Barney Staffie DOB 2007 - 7th January 24

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Oct 08, 2010 10:24 pm
Barney (2).jpg
Barney.jpg
Barney's thread below:
On arrival into Rescue Oct 2010
Homing Requirements: Barney needs a companionship home as opposed to being left for long periods. His family has to be able to work with him on settling in his own company. Good with children and dogs.
Current Status: Homed

His Story: Barney was homed from a pound at the age of 5 months. The family were supported by the dog warden as he was occupying himself as a puppy when being left whilst they worked. He improved greatly and all was well. He lost his home as he damaged the edge of sofa cushion. Barney has settled well in kennels. He is neutered, chipped and vax'd.

Advert: Barney is an easy dog in many, many ways. Good with live in and visiting children, dogs and people. Barney needs a regime centered around his needs Another dog, a home worker or simply a more active lifestyle which meets his needs better. Barney has matured in kennels and is now an allround fluent dog whoo is a joy to meet and loved by all.

Barney has won so many friends in our Rescue. He is a bright, friendly and such a handsome chap. His temperament is superb as proven from living with young children. We are looking for a family who appreciate Barney's many good qualities and will help to settle him. Yes he is a Staffie x with his funny ears but we love them in fact we love everything about our Barney.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our on-line Homing Questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".
Barney (7).JPG
Please follow Barney's thread below: watch his progress through our Rescue
Referral Details: Barney was found stray as a 5 month pup. He was homed from the pound and the Animal Welfare officer supported the family with his difficulties being left as a pup. He lived successfully for a year with 2 children 7 and 12. All of a sudden he has chewed a hole in the sofa and it'll cost them £2000 to replace so he has to go NOW! or else. Animal Welfare officer can't take him back to the pound and no takers. He comes into kennels tomorrow.
chinquest

Re: Barney Staffiex DOB 02.09 Copthorne

Post by chinquest »

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"OK OK OK am I in serious trouble or what? Suddenly lots of talking and this man comes who I vaguely remember as a great friend from my past and then suddenly I'm meeting you and talking and I'm in the car. Not sure where my family are and where I'm going..Oh God hope I'm not in trouble " Barney
Barney.jpg
Barney2.jpg
Barney3.jpg

Niall and Barney
Barney4.jpg
Barney5.jpg
Barney6.jpg

Barney came into rescue. It always feels terrible when a dog loses its home and you give them love & reassurance only to slam them up in a kennel and walk away. Sorry Barney..there is light at the end of your kennel..

Niall the Animal welfare officer asked to see the damage and there was a few rips to a sofa cushion. What can you say when a family's values are so upside down.. and the children are screaming don't let our doggie go daddy... smiley-sad010.gif

MrsP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:43 pm

oh god, that's horrendous!

chinquest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:11 am

What a gorgeous boy and poor kids what does that teach them

Sadly some of our values seem to have turned upside down, my family home was full of memories of dogs who'd shared their lives with us. The chewed corner of the staircase was Shula's the chewed arm of the old wooden chair was Ginny's, all part of the family history. When my Mother explained why she needed a piece of material to patch a chewed bedspread (that was our first dog Heidi) the firm had a chuckle and sent it with their compliments.

ali12345

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 pm

I must admit I was expecting one of the busy bouncy type dogs when I met Barney today but no he was quite calm and well behaved. Poor boy is obviously quite bemused by his change in circumstances. Seemed fine around other dogs too :D

oscar153

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:48 pm

How could they do that to him, makes me cry.

chinques

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:50 pm

I was one of the newbies who had their induction at GS today and had the pleasure of walking Barney, it hadn't clicked until now who he was.

Delightful dog who was very patient with my fumbles with the harness

Susiebee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Alison nominated me 'walk photographer' today. She must love my 'head crop' shots Laughing
Anyway here is one of Barney with Lacey, the pup that Alison is fostering until a long term foster/home comes up.
Alison had done the intros and was in charge and both Barney & Lacey were doing a good job of ignoring one another Smile
barney7.jpg

Finally hello Chinquest - I didn't realise you were a forum person when I met you today. Hopefully we'll meet again sometime soon.

meagle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Joined Barney today for an energy filled walk. A little nervous whilst putting on the harness, but as soon as the walk started he was (literally) up and running. Full of beans, but in a nice fun way. Has a few basic commands in him and seemed to take notice when talked to.
Have just read his story and am sad that such a nice dog has ended up in kennels. Fingers crossed for a happier end soon.

xxlynne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey...an urban fox?..no its Barney brushing up on his streetcred.
Barney17.jpg
Barney18.jpg
Barney19.jpg
Barney20.jpg

Strictly come walk with me!
Barney21.jpg
Barney22.jpg
Barney23.jpg
Barney24.jpg
Barney25.jpg

Barney showed today what a versitile dog he was. A little pully on the lead but heck..brief moments out of a kennel have to be grasped with all paws wholeheartedly! Barney and Misty fell in love and were inseparable doing their walk. These two make a handsome couple!

chinquest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Sweet Barney was my last walk of the day, bit pully but I needed pulling along I was getting tired Wink

Nina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Barney is a beautiful dog and his pictures dont show his small kind face and sparkly eyes. This poor little soul waited patiently whilst I struggled with his harness but I did give him a little treat as a thank you for being so nice with me. He was very enthusiastic and we set off at a pace which quickened as he saw the sheep in the field ahead. We stopped when we got to the field so he could have a good luck and as one very stroppy sheep stamped his foot at Barney, Barney decided to lunge forward and put his head through the small square wire fence. He then started to lunge forward, a bit of a scary moment, but I managed to maneouve his little head back out of the fence without anything awful happening. So that was that he decided he was on a mission to find as many sheep as he could, so we raced round the walk and back to his kennel. Very good boy and needs to be living with a lovely family who will give him the opportunity to be an active loving dog. Laughing

ali12345

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Walked Barney today - such a sweetie. Very interested in all around him and keen to go. Was vey upset when I tried to return down the path waiting for the others - was saying please don't take me back yet - we haven't been far enough yet Laughing Much more bouncy than the first time I met him but given lots of attention and lovely walks I'm sure he'd chill. Reminds me of a fox with his looks and not much bigger either.

meagle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Out and about with Barney (half staffie, half Dingo!) yesterday. He is a young lad who is full of energy and is literally 'chomping at the bit' to be out of the kennel. He needs a bit of guidance when walking to slow him down and make him realise you're there, but he is bright hound who I'm sure would learn quickly in the right hands.

chinquest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Barney gave me such a welcome when I entered the kennel but I'd made the harness too small for him and I think he sussed it was best to be quiet & patient or 'she'd' never get the thing sorted!

he too loved the snow and walked with his usual enthusiasm, white horse was waiting for us (well someone with some hay I suspect) but we carried on bravely, one look at Barney and white horse moved on!!
Rescue Remedies_3

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 by goodvic2

Barney came out for a walk with Freddie today. Barney is very lively and did pull a bit, but he is just sooo excited to be out on a walk.

A lovely natured dog. He enjoyed a feast of warm sausages and sausage rolls.
x
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 by chinquest

Barney was bursting with energy this morning and enjoyed his walk, yes he pulls but is so light it's not a problem, such a sweet boy
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 by Susiebee

I think there's a chance Barney is bursting with energy most days

He came out with me today and I'm sure if I'd had ski's or a sled I could have done the walk in half the time ! Hey actually that's an idea...if the weather keeps up I'll make up a sponsored dog sled team..there are a couple of pullers at GS who would make great sled dogs Rolling Eyes

But Chinquest is right, he is a light dog so with regular exercise and training I'm sure this wouldn't be an issue. He's just quite high energy and very bright...it's the fox in his gene's I think.

For anyone who hasn't met him yet he has a real look of a fox about him, plus he will always try to sneak under the fox runs when we are out and about....bless him.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 by xxlynne

Barney had a great walk with Dominque and bella today. Lots of play proposals between the boys but we kept the walk on track and the energy was good between all the dogs. Tried to capture barney but it isn't easy.
Really lovely boy.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 by SharonR-Admin

Met Barney today on our group walk.

Heres Barney looking Foxy!

Did someone say "hot sausages"?!!!!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 by Susiebee

I think it was sausages but the lip licking was for Ladylou's fish cakes.
Barney thought they were great! Thanks Ladylou, Barney thinks you are a masterchef

Barney gets a gold star today for behaving perfectly when a hyper off leash dog met us on our walk. I had called out to the the owner that we had rescue dogs with us and it would be better to give us some space however his dog still rushed up to us.

Barney stood still whilst he was 'frisked' and remained really calm. That gave the owner enough time to catch his dog. Barney was just a perfect example to the other dogs with us on the walk so he was rewarded with a cuddle and treats. Good dog Barney. :D

Barney wanted to be lead dog today, I've not seen that in him before but was definitely at his best in front. Perhaps it was because there were 5 of us with dogs. When we were in the middle he was a little barky and pulled to get in front. Back in the lead he settled down and walked well.

Thanks Sharon for capturing him in all his foxy gorgeousness.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 by chinquest

Took Barney out first today, such a happy boy with bags of energy. When it came to taking a photo he decided to save his energy and sit down all the while still taking everything in

When I took his coat off he had a good shake and scratch so when we got back before I put his coat back on I gave his back a good scratch, lots of slurping kisses was my reward
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 by chinquest

Had a lovely walk with this handsome lad again today, he's a smashing little fellow

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”