Kevin Bulldog x Staffie DofB 11.07.09 Gatwick Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Kevin Bulldog x Staffie DofB 11.07.09 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Elliesmum » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Bumping up Kevin's thread. I haven't had Kevin as a walk for a while and there are no updates recently on him. This smashing little lad really deserves a home and I'm very sad and suprised that he is being overlooked smiley-sad010.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Judy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm

It is a while since I have taken Kevin for a walk, as I approached his kennel this afternoon he was lying down looking very sorry for himself but as soon as he realised we were going for a walk he perked up. Kevin is a lovely boy and even though we both hadn't been out together for a while he was very accepting of me entering his kennel and putting his leads on. Despite the fact Kevin hadn't been out for a walk for a few days, he did not pull, and ignored new dogs who were arriving at the kennel and just went on his way. Kevin is very gentle when accepting treats, he is a gorgeous boy and would certainly benefit and blossom in a place he could call home, he really does deserve to be with someone special in his life and whoever that person is will be very lucky to have him in their life. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Postby Chapmania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Although I go and say hello to Kevin and give him treats every week, I haven't had him on my list to walk. He wasn't on my list today either but as the person who was due to walk him was ill, I jumped at the chance to take him out after I had walked my allocated dogs. Poor Kevin is quite depressed in kennels but it was lovely to see him all excited as soon as he realised that he was going out for a walk. We were joined by Zippy who was being walked by Helen. Both boys were very well behaved and were relaxed in each other's company. It was a pleasure to walk Kevin. He is such a gentle, loving soul who will make some lucky person a very loyal companion. xx

20170917_143818.jpg

20170917_143831.jpg
Chapmania

Postby anne » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I love walking Kevin because he appreciates his walks so much. Kevin plods along with a loose lead, taking his time to stop and sniff and mark as he goes. So easy and relaxing for the last walk of the morning when I am feeling a little tired.
DSCF9828.jpgkevin.jpg

DSCF9829.jpgkevin.jpg

DSCF9831.jpgkevin.jpg
anne

Postby Judy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 pm

I agree Kevin is very down in having to be in kennels, he has so much to offer. He is so very easy to walk, he never pulls on the leads. Whilst out today we passed several people out walking, on approach Kevin is waggy tailed and just wants to have a fuss made of him. He is very people friendly. As we got further into our walk we came to a sharp bend where we came face to face with another dog out walking, despite being barked at quite severely, Kevin just looked on with no reaction whatsoever and carried on walking. What a fantastic super star. He is a boy not to be overlooked, he really is special. love4.gif :smiley-chores002.gif:
Judy

Postby Judy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm

When I approached Kevin's kennel this afternoon, he was in his basket with his back turned to the outside world. My heart really went out to him to see this sad boy, when I called his name his ears pricked up but he wasn't quite sure whether I was just saying hello or going to take him out, but on the second call he was up and out of his basket knowing that he definitely was going out. What a joy this boy is, he is so well behaved waiting quietly at the side of the road waiting for me to tell him it was ok to cross. You cannot fail to fall in love with this gorgeous boy. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Postby Judy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 pm

I had my fix of Kevin this afternoon, he is such an easy boy and was so excited as usual to be getting away from the kennel environment. He enjoyed sniffing all the new smells and was happy to amble along in the lovely sunshine. When we got back to the kennels Kevin thoroughly enjoyed his sausage treats. mylove.gif
Judy

Postby anne » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 pm

I had a lovely walk with Kevin this morning and then lots of time chilling out in the paddock while some new heating was being sorted in his kennel. He is a real cuddle monster who thrives on company and belly rubs!
DSCF9989.jpgkevin.jpg

DSCF9990.jpgkevin.jpg

DSCF9991.jpgkevin.jpg

DSCF9992.jpgkevin.jpg

DSCF9995.jpgkevin.jpg
anne

Postby Elliesmum » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm

I. Hose Kevin to help me induct new walker Sam today. One, because he is a very easy dog to start off walking with and also because he is one of my favourites and I love him! Kevin's harness has been rubbing so we walked him in just his collar, which is all you need, he is so well behaved on his walk. Kevin gave Sam a good RR greeting and as always, loves being told what a good boy he is and was well connected with her, checking in for lots of affectionate cuddles. He let me check his skin all over with no issues. Kevin meets all dogs well on walks and I have always found this. I think Sam saw Kevin in the same positive light as myself so he had two admirers today. Sorry, I forgot to take a photo as we were so busy saying how gorgeous he is 0002.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Walked Kevin today for the first time and I have to say he was a super cool dude love4.gif we walked alongside Ali with Sky and Kevin was a gentleman at all times. I have to say I'm surprised he is still with us as such a cuddly, happy staffie love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Judy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Kevin thoroughly enjoyed his walk as always this afternoon. He seemed to be a lot more alert and aware of what was going on around him checking out the squirrels climbing up trees etc. I think may be as he has been out for a walk every day this week it has made a big difference to him in raising his spirits. Whenever we stopped Kevin cuddled up next to me enjoying a big fuss being made of him. Who could resist such an adorable boy. love4.gif
Judy

Postby Judy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:04 pm

I took Kevin for quite a long walk yesterday afternoon. As usual he was as good as gold getting him in and out of his kennel, he was just so pleased to be going out. We passed other walkers whilst out, Kevin is a very non fuss dog and doesn't react in any way, he will sit quietly waiting for the other dogs to pass by and then will happily carry on his way. Kiss of love.gif
Judy

Previous

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES