Lilly Staffie DofB 06.12 Farnham, Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lilly Staffie DofB 06.12 Farnham, Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF9604.jpglilly.jpg
Lilly's Story: Lilly was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound in August 2018. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Lilly is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lilly was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9611.jpglilly.jpg
DSCF9601.jpglilly.jpg
DSCF9598.jpglilly.jpg
Lilly's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
21.11.18: hi Lynne, Have you space for Lilly a staffie girl who has been with us since August 18 with no interest at all and getting depressed in the pound. Lovely with people she is said to be choosy with dogs. She is 6 years old. Kind regards Mx
Lilly came into our Rescue on the 24.11.18
anne

Re: Lilly Staffie DofB 06.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

What a gorgeous, stunning girl and very friendly too. Lilly walked very nicely on the lead for a new walker today, although she very interested in all the squirrels who were busy in the woods. She then posed beautifully for her photos. I love this girl, she will make a smashing companion.
DSCF9603.jpglilly.jpg
DSCF9615.jpglilly.jpg
DSCF9608.jpglilly.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I walked Lilly on Sunday. She was reacting to the dogs on either side of her run, in her kennel, but she didn't react to any on our walk. She also stood nicely while a horse passed us. Lilly is a friendly, outgoing girl who walked calmly on a loose lead, until we reached the woods, then she is on high alert for squirrels! She even walks along looking up into the trees for them 0002.gif] so I think she has a chase drive!
All in all, she was well behaved, and is an energetic, fun loving dog. She has a lovely, friendly nature and is very affectionate, rubbing herself against me for cuddles. I can definitely see her cuddled up with someone on a sofa. I won't post my photos as Anne's are so much better!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Lilly I love those Ears and how they stand to attention ! Met her for the first time today, and we decided to walk another new resident to our kennels, lovely staffie Luna with Lilly to see how the girls got on. They happily wagged and squealed with delight at the other both , bouncing as they stood just feet away.Then they happily fell into an easy pace watching that they stayed together for the remainder of the walk.
Lilly was head down scenting today taking all the sights and sounds in and wildlife watching
She's a happy easy girl who is busy on her walk
And would make a fantastic companion .
HeatherS

Re: Lilly Staffie DofB 06.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by HeatherS »

Lilly Jan19 heath2.jpg
A day out with Lilly showed just how special she is. Anyone would be lucky to have her in their home, so please consider opening yours to this beautiful girl before life in kennels has a chance to spoil her honest nature.

With no hesitation at all Lilly leapt into my car, settled on the back seat and travelled well. She seemed keen to chew something when she initially got in, perhaps from excitement and uncertainty, but a toy meant the car seat was safe! She soon stopped and lay down with her head and/or paw on my leg, enjoying a fuss and tummy rubs.
Lilly Jan19 car1.JPG
Lilly Jan19 car2.JPG

When we got to the reserve for our walk Lilly pulled a bit in the initial excitement of a new place, as expected, and after that she was only really strong when she spotted a squirrel or birds in the woods. She would certainly be on high alert for them whenever we started to enter wooded areas.
Lilly Jan19 woods.jpg
However, even in her excitement she could be called back to walk in a different direction if needed (we often stopped at cross roads to check our walking route). In time and with a bit of training she calmed down in wooded areas and whilst not yet always walking on a completely loose leash in woods, she definitely showed signs that she would likely respond well to proper training, and a settled home and consistent walker(s) could also help with this. But overall she walked well and you can see she would often walk very calmly on a loose leash and sniff at the interesting smells.

She was great at meeting strangers on the walk. An off-leash black lab ran up to her and she was friendly and looked like she might have wanted to play. I enjoyed overhearing the other dog’s owners commenting on Lilly’s lovely ears! As a horse with rider walked past us I was able to distract Lilly with a few treats and she only showed interest in the horse when they had passed, but not in an aggressive way.
Lilly Jan19 pub6.JPG
We had lunch in a pub and after a very short while acclimatising to her new settings (and loving the warmth of the fire in this cold weather!) Lilly settled and lay down.
Lilly Jan19 pub4.jpg
She was excellent when people came near, without any reaction at all even when some came unexpectedly very close to her. If they seemed interested in her, she was pleased to give them a welcome, but could be distracted away if needed. When we had our food she was understandably very attentive and this was a perfect opportunity to admire her gorgeous eyes as she sat patiently and looked for a chip, but she was not at all pushy. In the pub she was very engaged when we wanted her to be, but was also prepared to settle and lie down without fuss.
Lilly Jan19 pub5.jpg
I can help sum up how great Lilly was on our day out by the fact my partner, who is not particularly a dog person, said that he was emotionally attached to her by the end of the day and if it weren’t for our cats we’d have taken her home for good! Please consider filling in a homing questionnaire if homing her could enrich your/your family’s lives as much as it did our day!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Lilly yesterday. It was fun walking her as always. Look at how she lifts her paw to ask for the treat I was holding. If you're lucky she'll grace you with her adorable hoarse singing voice at rare times too (it was only when I was keeping her treat from her for the photos) :D
l1.jpg
l2.jpg
l3.jpg
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Lovely Lilly out and about yesterday, sitting nicely for treats 😍

ABA9B61E-9702-475B-A92B-1579721874F5.jpeg

533927DC-75FB-4B78-9BE3-F45D484B149F.jpeg
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

What gawjus pics ... a lovely chocolaty brindle. Stunning. love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Lilly 20 Jan19.JPG
I had another wonderful walk with Lilly yesterday on a beautiful sunny winter's day. There were lots of people out walking on the footpath, but Lilly was a perfect dog when we overtook or were passed by big or small dogs, adults and/or children. She showed off perfect manners by waiting patiently (without asking) after going through or over each and every gate or stile until I was ready to go on. Lilly really is a lovely dog who deserves a loving home.
Lilly 20 Jan 19.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”