My dog Jock

The place to tell us all about your non-RR dog
vanheerden

My dog Jock

Post by vanheerden » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 pm

We live on the west coast of Scotland. My husband & I have had dogs all our lives but right now we are grieveing fo our beloved Patterdale "Jock" who had to be put to sleep beacuse of problems and illness in his back legs. He was my 4 legged baby and I miss him hugely. There is an enormous hole in our hearts. Jock and I were attached at the hip! he went everywhere with me and completely ruled our home. We will hope to have another dog at some stage but we need to grieve for Jock first. I have fallen in love with "Cracker" but if he is meant to be with us, the time will come.
006 (640x480) (2).jpg

Dani

Re: My dog Jock

Post by Dani » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:13 pm

So sorry for your loss ,Jock looked like a handsome patterdale.

I walk Cracker regularly ,he a lovely little dog true to his breed .

JenG

Post by JenG » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Jock looks like a lovely boy - I am so sorry for your loss.

I too walk Cracker and he is super - a typical patterdale and very cuddly too. We have quite a few lovely patterdales and RR are always great in helping you decide the best dog for you. Take care and I hope that you home one of our lovelies when the time is right for you. xxx

vanheerden

Post by vanheerden » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Thank you ladies for your comments. I wish I could see "Cracker" and just give him a wee hug, or two. There was a little black Patterdale on the ferry to Oban this morning, she was so very sweet, a bit more petite than my "Jock" but she gave me a hug back. It's 6 weeks today since Jock went to sleep and I still grieve for him every day. Say Hi to Cracker.

JenG

Post by JenG » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:36 pm

We will give him a hug for you! Sending you one toox

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:37 am

Sorry to hear of your loss ...Jock looks like a fabulous boy love4.gif
You will know when the times right .....there are some great terriers at RR all looking for their forever home ....look forward to updates :welcome.gif:

vanheerden

Post by vanheerden » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:14 pm

We are now at the end of July nearly, how is "Cracker"?
I'd love to hear some more from those of you who walk him and any more pictures. I can't get over how like he is to my beloved Jock especially in the eyes and the alertness, amazing. Please give him a hug from me.

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Cracker is a cracking dog. He is so loving and cuddly and at our Charity Walk on Saturday he had the best time. Afterwards in the hall he sat and watched all the other dogs around him. A little vocal at times but mostly being the lovely little darling he is. Hopefully more pics will be put up on his forum page. He is delightful out walking and loves just to walk out with his walker and him although I have walked Bentley and another walker had Cracker and they really gelled and loved walking together. He loves to jump up on your lap if you sit down! A lovely boy we will give him a hug for you xx

vanheerden

Post by vanheerden » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:20 pm

thank you so much for that, he does sound a lovely dog and just so Patterdale! I can't make a commitment right now but I am really hoping to be able to give him our home when I have the time to come down there and see him, probably at the end of our tourist season. We live on the Isle of Mull off the west coast of Scotland, perfect Patterdale country!!

Return to “My Dog”