Hi this is Charlie

The place to tell us all about your non-RR dog
OnthePlain

Hi this is Charlie

Post by OnthePlain » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:23 pm

FullSizeRender.jpg
Charlie
Hi everyone. We have just taken on Charlie from a very unloved home. He's a 7 month old Patterdale. This our first terrier having generally had larger breeds. Currently Charlie will be sharing his new home with Raphy our Weimaraner.
Its fair to say Charlie is not at his best with fleas and patches in his coat and has a visit to the vets tomorrow. He desperately needs training and we are starting a slow intro to Raphy (who is totally un-phased by this jumping, yapping bundle of energy). He would appear to have a problem with other dogs but I put this down to the poor behaviour of the previous owner rather than Charlie, so would appreciate any advice you may have. He is totally loving and eager to please and we will put all our love and effort into making him part of the family. I am hoping that his age goes in our favour.
Glad to have found you and thank you in advance for any help your community can provide.

xxlynne

Re: Hi this is Charlie

Post by xxlynne » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:40 am

Read up on Patterdales on terrierrescue.co.uk and paterdaleterrierrescue.co.uk his dogs skills are more related to his breed type thean background Patterdales are alert and excited when out and about with the greatest of respect you will need a completely different mind set to owning larger breeds and the temptation is to demonise the terrier, so do really read up on Patterdales. Charlie's chase drive will kick in as he matures more. They are the extreme terriers. They have been bred to be aware of any movement, to focus and seek out so they are great locators. They independent minded and you have to respect and negotiate with a Patterdale.+++

Return to “My Dog”