My Daisy. Xx

The place to tell us all about your non-RR dog
Pegmilly

My Daisy. Xx

Post by Pegmilly » Thu May 07, 2015 9:08 am

As some of you may know, I have three dogs, 2 male jrt crosses, and Daisy a jrt. Daisy has owned me since a puppy. She did not have the best start in life and came to me a frightened little girl. Her three big brothers (I also had an 11yr old saluki at the time - sadly passed to cancer aged 13) made her feel welcome and she soon started to relax, and just be Daisy. Daisy is frightened of people. She does not like to be stroked by strangers. Not aggressive in any way - she just cowers and hides behind my legs. She's fine with me and my children and often sleeps in my daughters bed. She won't let anyone hold her lead or walk her other than us. She is super dog friendly and has welcomed many a foster dog into our home. She's taught many of them some bad habits.....like digging holes - my garden is like a pitch and putt course. She very kindly removes all the zips from cushions and the buttons on any quilt cover - how helpful is that?!? She's not yappy, not an ankle biter as lots of people presume jrt's are. Her recall is 100% but she's 100% terrier through and through. She has to be walked twice a day, come rain or shine. Her favourite thing is the world is going out with my son (24), with her brothers, for a drive and him finding somewhere new and safe to walk them. Last week it was cliff marshes. She's allowed one cheap squeaky toy a week - removing the squeaker is another of her favourite things. This lasts for less than 10 minutes but her little tail wags and she's so engrossed in removing it - lovely to watch. She hates being separated from her brothers, so if one of them needs to see the vet, I have to take all 3 :shock: Daisy is far from the perfect dog but for me and my children - she's the perfect dog for us. :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg
On my daughters bed. X
image.jpg
image.jpg
Keeping an eye out for cats.......
image.jpg
At Xmas - keeping warm on the radiator.

staffylevi

Re: My Daisy. Xx

Post by staffylevi » Sun May 10, 2015 8:04 am

Love the 'lookin' out of the window' pics. :)
Doin' it for the staffies ...

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:49 am

image.jpg
GUILTY!!!!!!
When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed Daisy looked a bit sheepish. Went upstairs to get changed.......and it was like walking on clouds........Daisy had 'killed' a pillow and two of my daughters soft toys....... You may ask how did I know it was daisy?? Well, I went downstairs and asked all 3 dogs who'd done it. The other two carried on about their business, Daisy however jumped straight on the sofa and done this.....

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:28 am

Naughty girl!!!! I still bet you laughed and forgave her....she looks such a sweetie

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 am

I always forgive her......and she knows it!

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:05 pm

hahahaha oh love her!

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:13 pm

Oh my this made me laugh so much. just showed it to my husband and he roared with laughter too. What a delight she is! xxxxxx

Return to “My Dog”