Hi - Looking for a Staffie

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Janet456

Hi - Looking for a Staffie

Post by Janet456 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi all

I'm new to the site but have always wanted a staffie, they always look happy little solid dogs with smiley faces. I am looking to find out more about the breed.

My experience is greyhounds, I have homed many over the years and currently have 3, two males and one older lady. They are very friendly dogs so they wouldn't have a problem accepting another dog into the household. Like most breeds my greys have all been individual but each also very typical to their breed.

I've been looking at Rescues but many seem to say that the staffies they have need to be an "only dog".

Many thanks in advance.

Janet

johnfowle

Re: Hi - Looking for a Staffie

Post by johnfowle » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello Janet

Welcome to Rescue Remedies....I hope you find the website useful and the members a friendly bunch. So pleased you have three greyhounds already (I have one from RR alongside my other seven "rescue dogs") and are keen to adopt a Staffie. As you say, they are super dogs and are so loyal top their owners.

"We" have lots of Staffies as, unfortunately, do many other rescue centres, so you will be spoilt for choice. Please do read each one's "thread" where you will find a lot of information about them, photos of each one, a little about their history and how each one gets on with other dogs.

There is a "homing questionnaire" on the website which you should submit if you find any which you feel would fit in with your existing "family" after which one of the homing team will call you to discuss your chosen canine companion(s).

Best wishes from the Mob in New Romney

Janet456

Post by Janet456 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:55 pm

That's great John, thank you.

I will get looking.

Janet456

Post by Janet456 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

I have read the homing policy, which makes perfect sense to me. As the breed is new to me I would much rather take the advice and experience of others who know and work with the dogs.

I'll be completing a homing questionnaire in early May after return from holiday.

I'm glad I found this site.

Janet

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Where do you live Janet? You might live near one of Rescue Remedies' adopted staffies that you could meet, if you don't know many staffies. Not sure if that would be possible.

Janet456

Post by Janet456 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 pm

That would be brilliant, I would love to meet some staffies. I'm in Hever, near Edenbridge, Kent, but happy to travel anywhere.

Janet x

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi Janet

After I retired from teaching at Tunbridge Wells Boys' Grammar School I spent nearly a year at Hever Primary school picking up children from Edenbridge in the school's minibus in the morning, helping in the classrooms during the day and taking the children home in the evening....enjoyed every minute of it. Then I started fostering dogs, and the rest is history!!!!

Hope you enjoy your holiday and then come back to "us" for one of our lovely boys and girls.

Best wishes

John and the Mob

Janet456

Post by Janet456 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Small world John.

We've been here 6 months now and I love it, it is dog heaven with so many lovely walks. We moved from Speldhurst, just outside Tunbridge Wells.

Apart from always having greys we did have a beautiful little crossbreed dog which we found abandoned up a mountain on holiday in Greece in 2004. We got her back here in 2005, she was a real one-off and got to a ripe old age..... hence the gap in our lives for a different shape now.

I'll definitely be back in touch on return from holiday to get the ball rolling. Thanks for all your help.

Janet

Return to “Introduce Yourself”