Hey x

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
DoggyLove

Hey x

Post by DoggyLove » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:22 am

Hi guys, :newhere.gif: just thought I'd say hello.

I came across this site while searching for rescue doggies. I'm hoping to foster, with a possibility of adoption. I don't have any pets currently. Sadly We lost our beautiful blue staffie Scooby to cancer not so long ago, we were devastated [cry.gif] Our Scoob was a rescue dog, also our first dog. We had him only a little over a year but we were so in love with him and he was very happy with us.

While realising we never can or want to replace him, we love having a dog in our lives and there are so many who are in need. My heart has been breaking reading the stories of the doggies in care and I really want to help make a difference to at least one little doggy's life. I just hope we will be considered, we have a lovely home with a nice size garden and lovely places to walk nearby. I want to show you a pic of my boy anyway, we loved him so much xxx
image.jpeg

anne

Re: Hey x

Post by anne » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:59 am

Welcome .
Scooby looks gorgeous. So sad to hear you lost him to cancer.
Hope you can find another special soul to share your lives with. We have so many dogs looking for their forever family.

bizlate

Post by bizlate » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:20 am

What a scrummy boy, and how loved he must have been to inspire you to help another love4.gif

Unfortunately I think the rescue is currently only taking on fosterers who are existing volunteers - you could become a volunteer by applying to walk at our kennels and then offer to foster once you've spent some time with our lovely dogs? This is the form if you would consider doing that:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... stionnaire
(I do some volunteer walking - it is very flexible and very rewarding!).

Otherwise you could take the plunge and ask to take home another friend in tribute to Scooby - the homing team are very experienced and can suggest matches for you if you feel spoiled for choice :D:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... stionnaire
0028.gif

DoggyLove

Post by DoggyLove » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:37 pm

:thanks.gif:
Thank you for the warm welcome love4.gif and lovely words about Scooby, he really was my beautiful boy and I miss him so much :smiley-sad055.gif: xxx

I did wonder if I would be accepted for fostering, but that's ok. I was initially looking for adoption and fostering was a second thought, only as I am still mourning my lovely little lad and still trying to catch up financially. I spent nearly £2000 trying to help him, I don't care about that though, I would do it again, it has put me in a bit of debt though to be honest.

I would love to come and be a walker but unfortunately I live in Milton Keynes, unless you have any centres near me?

I really have fell in love with the lovely doggies in your care. There stories are just tragic and as wonderful as you guys are giving your time and love to needy animals, it's heartbreaking they have to live in kennels, in a strange and stressful environment. I wish I could take them all home and love them myself.

I am checking back regularly and I think it will not be long before I fill in questionnaire. I just need to know I am really ready and making choices for the right reasons. I do know that when I am ready I will definitely choose a rescued dog. There is a beautiful dog here I would love to give a loving stable home to, he's been too long without a forever home now.

Thank you for the wonderful work you are doing, you really are amazing. Thank you x

I will see you here again soon
Thanks guys xxx

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:32 pm

There are kennels in Broxbourne, not too far from Milton Keynes, I think.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.

bizlate

Post by bizlate » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 am

Yes, Broxbourne would be the nearest - about an hour from MK thumbs.gif

Return to “Introduce Yourself”