New member: hopeful new dog walker BXB

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
KMichelleB

New member: hopeful new dog walker BXB

Post by KMichelleB » Fri May 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Good Evening All,
I am a new member to RR and recently submitted a Volunteer Dog Walker Questionnaire with a view to walking at the Broxbourne kennels as I live in Broxbourne. Had a phone call to say that a Broxbourne volunteer had been emailed about contacting me for an induction so I am hoping to hear something very soon. I understand how busy all at RR must be and that these things may take time but I am very excited to get started.

As a family (2 sons) we have a 7 year old Ridgeback X who was a rescue from the RSPCA. It seemed that her ongoing medical conditions were the only thing preventing people adopting her as all RSPCA staff were in love with her and said she was the most perfect pooch. This had definitely proved to be true as she is the most amazing dog - but has cost us quite a bit of money in vet bills. But she is totally worth every penny! She has brought so much joy to our lives and I hate thinking of the time she spent stuck in kennels. So I want to try and help as many other dogs as possible get a bit of time out of kennels and enjoy life during their wait for their own special forever home.
:newhere.gif:

EmmaD

Re: New member: hopeful new dog walker BXB

Post by EmmaD » Mon May 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi KMichelleB

Welcome to the forum ! Hope all has gone well with your application, I walk at Guilford - having to take some time out due to a dodgy hip- but I will be back !!

It's a wonderful thing to do, every walk really does make a difference. My fave boy Buddy is based at Brox. Hope to see some updates from you :0)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”