Newbie looking to walk

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
AndyS

Newbie looking to walk

Post by AndyS » Mon May 15, 2017 7:04 pm

:newhere.gif:

Just wanted to say hi. My wife and I are renting at the moment so can't have a dog but hopefully :crossfingers.gif: we'll be moving in September somewhere we can and want to rescue a Staffie. In the mean time we thought it would be great to get involved in getting the dogs out for some well earned exercise and cuddles.

We've both filled out the dog walker forms (wife did hers last week and I did mine on Saturday after talking to Emma on the RR Twitter account) and I was wondering if anyone knew when we would hear something about organising an induction? With the warmer weather we're really keen to stretch our legs and theres no better way to do that than with a dog :smiley-chores002.gif:

From our side ideally we'd walk the dogs at Gatwick as its a bit closer for us but we also could do Guildford or Chessington.

katz

Re: Newbie looking to walk

Post by katz » Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi Andy and welcome!

It's great that you both want to walk the dogs and eventually adopt. As you will find out, there is a very small team of volunteers responsible for sorting out everything for the rescue. I'm sure you are on the list and they will get to you, I felt the same way when I applied over 3 years ago waiting to get started. You will have a great time, get lots of exercise and meet lots of wonderful people as well as the dogs! :-)
katz

AndyS

Re: Newbie looking to walk

Post by AndyS » Wed May 17, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks for that Katz. No worries at all on it taking a bit of time, you guys must all be manic trying to juggle your own lives as well as volunteering for the rescue.

It will be great to walk the dogs but also as you say meet some great people as well.
Hopefully will be breaking out the boots soon.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”