Hopeful new dog walker, need advice

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Pollyjean

Hopeful new dog walker, need advice

Post by Pollyjean » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:02 am

My name is Tessa from SW London. I've been following the progress of a few of the staffies for the last year and I think you all do an amazing job. I would like to help and at the moment I have time during the week as well as on the weekends. But I am having trouble finding the exact locations of the kennels. I'm happy to travel but I don't have a car. Which location could I reach with public transport?

johnfowle

Re: Hopeful new dog walker, need advice

Post by johnfowle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 am

Hello Tessa.

Welcome to Rescue Remedies and thank you for offering to help "our" lovely boys and girls and give them time out of kennels. I am not a walker, but am certain that one of the "kennel boss walkers" will be in touch with you very shortly.

I am sure you are well aware that "we" use kennels in Guildford, Chessington, Broxbourne and others near Gatwick. In fact, these last kennels we have bought and move into them tomorrow. However, a lot of work needs to be done on them before we can use them fully....but these are exciting times for Rescue Remedies and I do hope you will be able to be part of them.

Best wishes from New Romney

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi there, Chessington or Guildford are most accessible by train, both locations a short walk from stations.
Hope that helps, if you let us know which of those is preferable to you on your volunteer walker form we can push your application to the right volunteer. See link for more details on walking with us...

http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/support-our-rescue/

We and the doggies hope to see you soon thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Tessa!

I should be more accurate as regards the kennels near Gatwick....Lynne and her husband, who started Rescue Remedies a dozen or so years ago, have actually bought the kennels. They move from their house overlooking the Thames near Hampton Court tomorrow, into the bungalow where the kennels are sited.

Is that amazing????

Best wishes

john

Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:04 pm

That is amazing John and a very exciting time for RR :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”