Hi from new member in SE London

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Valetudo

Hi from new member in SE London

Post by Valetudo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Nick. My family and I (wife and 3 daughters 23,21 and 16) live in SE London. I have been following the twitter account for sometime and have seriously considered adopting over the last year or so. We are a little nervous though. We had "Scooby" a wire haired fox terrier from a pup until he passed away aged 15 in 2011. We also had "Buffy" a beautiful rescue greyhound until she passed away a few years ago. Basically, losing our dogs completely broke us and we are terrified of that pain again. We thought we would love to help out with dog rescuing maybe in the form of dog walking or short term fostering. Maybe this would ease us back in gently. I love Staffies (I'm from Staffordshire originally) and would be interested in your knowledgeable feedback on this forum and the benefit of your wise experience. Hope to hear from you all soon. Have a great weekend from Nick and all in the Holder family.

sweetpea

Re: Hi from new member in SE London

Post by sweetpea » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:53 am

Hello Nick :welcome.gif:
Losing our beloved friends is heartbreaking but .....personally i could never be without a dog or two ...fostering is a great thing to do ...there are lots of dogs in need of a foster home .best thing to do is fill in a fostering questionaire and take it from there :goodluck.gif: ....kara xx

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Nick!

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find it useful and "us" a friendly lot.

Wonderful to hear you are considering helping with the "rescue" in one form or another. As Kara says in the previous "post" we do have so many deserving cases who find life in kennels quite stressful and would crave for time out in a family or for a walk in the country. Thank you for considering that.

Best wishes from the "Mob" in New Romney.

cobden28

Post by cobden28 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:25 am

You could apply to foster in the first instance and maybe adopt later on......failed foster, perhaps :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: :biggrin.gif: ?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”