Hi from Wokingham

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
mikaly

Hi from Wokingham

Post by mikaly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:32 pm

Hello fellow dog lovers Kiss of love.gif my name is Mik i am 57 married to Ali, love dogs but hate computers so this is a real struggle for me. Lost our beloved rescue collie x last year in a serious car crash that we were involved in she had been part of our life for 14 years and now feel ready to find a new companion. Been looking at the hundreds of unwanted dogs on the internet, what a sad situation so many thoughtless breeders just out to make money. Found myself constantly going back to the very lovely Cathy and have submitted an application to give her a forever home. Wish me luck. foxes_295.gif :thanks.gif:

sweetpea

Re: Hi from wokingham

Post by sweetpea » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:15 am

mikaly wrote:Hello fellow dog lovers Kiss of love.gif my name is Mik i am 57 married to Ali, love dogs but hate computers so this is a real struggle for me. Lost our beloved rescue collie x last year in a serious car crash that we were involved in she had been part of our life for 14 years and now feel ready to find a new companion. Been looking at the hundreds of unwanted dogs on the internet, what a sad situation so many thoughtless breeders just out to make money. Found myself constantly going back to the very lovely Cathy and have submitted an application to give her a forever home. Wish me luck. foxes_295.gif :thanks.gif:
Lots of luck .....thank you for wanting to give a RR dog a home bighug.gif ball2.gif

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Mikali

Welcome to RR.

Sad to hear you lost your collie x in such tragic circumstances but pleased you are hoping to offer one of "our" lovely dogs a forever home.....thank you!

I am sure you will find a great deal of help and support from the RR folk....just ask.

Best wishes

john and the Mob

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Mik,

So sorry about the car accident and the loss of your beloved dog.

Wonderful that you both feel ready to open your heart and home to another dog. I know Cathy well and she is a lovely girl. I wish you both good luck in your application. :crossfingers.gif: Please keep us posted xx

mikaly

update from wokingham

Post by mikaly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi to everybody that welcomed us to this forum, I do hope that you all received my replys and I hope John and the mob were successful in their quest to adopt the dog they had been fostering. I know that you have read why we are looking for a new companion and how we lost our dog and also hope that if you read my account of Tessie's final day that you didn't find it too sad or upsetting, it certainly was not easy to write but I felt so much better once I had pressed the "submit" button. With regard to my own dream of adopting Cathy sadly my lifestyle didn't really match her requirements and I accept that decision is in her best interests. The crash has dominated our lives and the memory of it distorts my thoughts so for the meanwhile we will put our own quest for another companion on hold. I do of course realize that there are many lovely dogs waiting for their forever home in RR but Cathy was the one that stood out and while I have no doubt that many adopters love having a perfectly matched pet found for them, personally I could only ever make that decision for myself and if that choice is flawed we would do what we done with Tess and that is make the best of it. To us its not a case of weather the glass is half full or half empty, our glass is always full but some times there isn't much liquid at the top. Hey I'm droning on and your all getting bored, Hope you all have a great Christmas and good luck in 2016. Regards, MikAli. Ps will keep you posted when we do find another dog.

johnfowle

Re: update from wokingham

Post by johnfowle » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello Mikali

Sorry Cathy turned out to be a non starter for you....I'm sure there were good reasons for it and the "homing team" has a great deal of experience in these matters. I'm pleased it hasn't put you off continuing to look for another companion and offer him/her a warm place in your heart and home.

Kingsley, who has been here as a "foster boy" for two and a half years, has changed his status to "adopted". I have been surprised that, during the entire time he has been with us, only one person has shown any interest in him. He came to RR with a puppy friend who was adopted quite quickly. They were found stray a number of times having been living with a "traveller", and Kingsley had skin and coat problems. They have all but disappeared now but, at this very moment, he is a little under the weather and needs extra cuddles.

please keep us informed how you progress with your continuing search.

Best wishes for Christmas from John and the Mob

Return to “Introduce Yourself”