Hi from Hampshire

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Nikki & Harvey

Hi from Hampshire

Post by Nikki & Harvey » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:28 am

Hi I am Nikki, come to this forum after speaking with Dawn. Coming on the funday to help and do anything thats needs doing.

So its my partner James and I and my dog called Harvey who is a rescued schnauzer. As a pupppy Harvey was really ill, and after getting him better took 1 and a half years to get him back to his normal self, and 2 years before he gained his weight back. His bond between us both is so strong. He also travels on the back of my motorcycle. ( not at present as bike off the road)

We live in winchester, Hampshire. We go to the Great Dorset Steam Fair with Harvey every year.

Come to this forum to learn about the charity and to see what i can do to help.

See you all if your going on the FUNDAY. We will travel the night before and stay at the travelodge at gatwick.

johnfowle

Re: Hi from Hampshire

Post by johnfowle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Welcome Nikki and Harvey.

What a great job you have done with Harvey....so pleased you "rescued" rather than go to a breeder.

I do hope you find the "forum" useful and helpful, and the RR folk friendly and supportive.

Hope you enjoy the Funday and get yourself involved in some way.

Best wishes

Johna and the Mob IN T Wells

lurcher girl

Post by lurcher girl » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi there ,
im not far from you in denmead hampshire. ...we go to the steam fair every year too :D welcome to RR

Nikki & Harvey

Post by Nikki & Harvey » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 am

Thank you to you both for a lovely welcome to the forum.

Really looking forward to the funday so can meet a few members, doing some baking and helping Dawn bring equipment for funday. We will travel to the area on friday stay overnight at the Europa Hotel.

Nikki & Harvey

Post by Nikki & Harvey » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Sorry will not be coming on saturday as Harvey has multiple lumps on him ( vet found 2 more ) Taken samples, hefty vet bill but put in insurance claim. Will get a call from vets tomorrow with the results.

Fred R

Post by Fred R » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:59 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had such upsetting news regarding Harvey's multiple lumps. Fingers crossed tomorrow's news isn't as bad as it might be and also that the Insurance will pay the vet bills. With best wishes!

Nikki & Harvey

Post by Nikki & Harvey » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Fred R wrote:I'm sorry to hear you had such upsetting news regarding Harvey's multiple lumps. Fingers crossed tomorrow's news isn't as bad as it might be and also that the Insurance will pay the vet bills. With best wishes!
Results came back yesterday. All are fatty lumps, will keep a eye on them and if Harvey seems to be bothered by them vet will remove but not at present. Was so worried over weekend. Huge relief!

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Great news! We had a shock with our first dog when she had her anal glands removed our vet told us to be prepared, they looked very suspicious and he was getting analysis as to what type of cancer she had. The results came back 'negative' he was so embarrassed and couldn't believe we weren't angry with him, we were just over the moon and so delighted he had got it wrong!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”