Hi from Ipswich!

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Hels73

Hi from Ipswich!

Post by Hels73 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi, thought I should introduce myself,
I'm Helen and my husband Mark and I live in Ipswich with our two boys Dylan and Finn, (11 and 10 yrs old). I know Ipswich is a bit of a way out but I started reading the forum and got a bit hooked! We have a nearly four year old lab cross called Soren who we, (obviously), think is perfect although he is prone to a bit of food theft if given the opportunity :biggrin.gif:
We had the absolute pleasure of fostering the lovely Patch (terrier rescue) after her spay a few weeks back and are hoping to adopt one of the gorgeous dogs on the forum once we are back from a holiday at the start of August.... I have to say waiting is very hard but the timing will be so much better for us as will have several weeks at home to settle a new dog in in August.
We have been so impressed with rescue remedies and all the work that goes into saving and finding homes for these dogs, it's really inspiring to see such dedication from all involved. We hope to be able to offer more temporary foster in the future once our new dog has fully settled in, ( we know this make take some time and are prepared to give it as long as it takes.)

MrsP

Re: Hi from Ipswich!

Post by MrsP » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello and what lovely news! :welcome.gif:

Tim

Post by Tim » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi Helen,
We met when you, Dylan and Finn collected Patch from the kennels - so great to hear your looking for a second dog and welcome to the forum :)

ps: Patch is still available ;) ;)

Tim
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Hels73

Post by Hels73 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi Tim,
it was so kind of you to come back and retrieve Patch from the kennels for us when we picked her up late that Saturday evening, she was such a star all week and it was so hard to drop her back at the end of her stay, Finn and I were quite teary!! We have been avidly watching her thread hoping that someone will realise what a superstar she is and snap her up, it's been lovely seeing pictures of her and reading updates. We are trying not to get too caught up on who we would like to adopt as obviously would like all of the lovely dogs to find a home sooner than August but we have been looking at a few of the "longer stays"... when it comes to it will be guided by which dogs are thought to be a good match for us by the people who know them best :) ....only had good advice so far :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”