Stepping stones

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
bizlate

Stepping stones

Post by bizlate » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:06 am

Hello!

We're hoping to ask Rescue Remedies to consider us for a dog later this year...

In the meantime, we're getting our finances in order, getting our house in order and 100% dog friendly, and collecting all manner of references for the best dog walkers in our town (full time workers!)... And generally getting excited and crossing our fingers.

BUT one thing on your adoption questionnaire has me stumped. Stepping stones?? I don't get the reference - I've tried googling to see what the problem with stepping stones is (we have them across our yard) but I can't find any references to them+dogs except on this site! Getting a bit panicked in case I've inadvertently created a dog death trap with zero understanding of how. Can someone help?!

Xx

Rescue Remedies

Re: Stepping stones

Post by Rescue Remedies » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 am

Hi bizlate welcome to our forum.

The answer to your question is because we are terrierrescue we scrutinise a garden and stepping stones are tables, boxes, trampolines, chairs next to fences where a dog can get on to and effectively use them as stepping stone to get over a fence eg reducing it as a height barrier. Terriers are scamps as one of my Staffies used a box to get on to our shed roof!

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:35 am

I just had a quick read of the homing questionnaire and from context my guess is that stepping stones means steps against a fence aiding a dogs escape. So stepping stone paths should be fine. Could someone in the homing team confirm this please ?
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.

bizlate

Post by bizlate » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:48 am

Ah ok, that makes more sense! I thought there was a problem with actual concrete stepping stones - didn't connect that it meant objects used for a boost! Thanks :-)

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi Bizlate! Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find it interesting and useful and us a friendly and help lot!!!

Well, you know what "stepping stones" are now....I wouldn't have known, and I've been fostering dogs for a number of years now.

I do hope you will continue to read through "our" dog's threads and find one or two which you might consider adopting. When you are ready, please fill in a questionnaire and one of the "homing team" will help you decide which dog is best suited to you and your situation. It all happens very quickly so, I repeat, only fill in your form when you feel ready and able to adopt.

Best wishes from the Mob in T Wells.

bizlate

Post by bizlate » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Don't worry; we know the drill! You're either ready or you're not. We're not... Yet! But heaven help a rescue remedies dog or two later this year... I will bore it/them to death with adoration ;-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”