Hello from Northumberland

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
SUSANFEARON1

Hello from Northumberland

Post by SUSANFEARON1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:44 am

I am enjoying reading about the staffies you have rescued and the diary stories. We lost our dear staffie, Dukie, recently to a brain tumour. He was ten years old and he'd been with us since he was an eight week old puppy. He had a great life and was an integral part of our family - such a miss, we've lost a much loved family member.

We would love to adopt a staffie to live with us in our rural home with lots of garden space and surrounding fields, nice country walks too. We have two cats who loved Dukie and we would need a cat friendly dog.

Does anyone know whether we would be considered as a suitable adopter by Rescue Remedies as we do not live in the South East?

Rescue Remedies

Re: Hello from Northumberland

Post by Rescue Remedies » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:48 am

Hi Susan

Sorry to hear about your Dukie. Yes we do consider homing around the country as long as you are prepared to travel down to us. Please find below a link to a questionnaire if this is not a problem and when you are ready.

Homing questionnaire

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:24 am

Welcome, Susan to the Forum.So sorry to hear you lost your lovely Staffie recently. We have some absolutely amazing Staffies on our "books", as you will have seen. The "homing" team will be very pleased to match you up with one of them although, of course, you do have the opportunity to choose one if you have already seen one which seems to "fit your bill".

I do urge you to fill in the questionnaire and take it on from there.

Best wishes from the "Mob" in T Wells
Last edited by johnfowle on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Welcome Susan.so sorry to hear of the loss of your boy.
Rescue remedies are fantastic . We rescued our little Staffi Trixie from RR after we lost our lovely Anya( rescue staff) RR give you so much support I can't praise them enough for the wonderful work they do. When you're ready to welcome another wonderful staffi into your home Lynne and her team will match you with one of their beautiful dogs and will always support you.

SUSANFEARON1

Post by SUSANFEARON1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks for making me feel welcome. This forum has a lovely warm feel about it and I am so enjoying reading all the lovely stories. It is only three weeks since we lost Dukie and emotions are still quite raw but I am so impressed with all the good work RR is doing and when I am ready I will fill in the questionnaire to start the rehoming process. I know we have such a lot of love to offer in our home environment and we live in the midst of beautiful, rural Northumberland with adventurous walks just on our doorstep. Perfect for a doggie.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”