Hello from Liverpool

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
Pam

Hello from Liverpool

Post by Pam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Hello from the famous city of Liverpool!
My name is Pam and I am the recently adopted mum of a young Patterdale called Fergus. We adopted him from a rescue home, there is me, my husband and my two children aged 6 and 8. We have two house cats who have moved into the welsh dresser shelf in protest. Fergus has a crate and bed to sleep in at night and this is when the cats feel free to do their thing!
Fergus is a bright, intelligent and amazing wee boy. We have no history on him other than he was picked up as a stray, the vet says he is over 12 months as he has his adult teeth but not by much. We had him castrated a couple of weeks ago and he is starting to settle down now.
He still seems to get over excited and this is when he will jump and/or nip but we are starting to recognise the signs and try to to change the excitement levels before it escalates. He has never gone nutty and nipped at the little ladies, that seems to be reserved for myself or my husband - is this because we shut it down/are in charge?
I work a split shift so I am out for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon which is why we decided now was the right time to finally get a dog
I have no intention on giving up on my boy and am desperate to learn/accept any advice that will make his life and ours better.
He is totally dog friendly and wants to play with anything that breathes and moves, we are working on his recall training.

johnfowle

Re: Hello from Liverpool

Post by johnfowle » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:52 am

Welcome, Pam. I do hope you find the "Forum" a useful and informative tool to use, and that we are a friendly bunch, many with lots of experience in a wide variety of fields....including Patterdales. That doesn't include me, even though I do have a rescue Patterdale myself.....very intelligent....he knows what I want even before I tell him. He himself rescued a three legged dog from drowning in the local river about eighteen months ago....I would not have believed it but for the fact that I saw it with my own two eyes. They are truly wonderful dogs....but do nip from time to time, as you have found out.

Best wishes from the Mob in T Wells.

Pam

Post by Pam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:56 am

Hello and good morning to the Mob in T Wells!
Thanks for the welcome.
Intelligence is definitely there (although there are moments that is seems to leave completely!) but your Pattie sounds super clever, rescuing another dog from drowning - fabulous!
I am looking forward to getting used to the forum and 'meeting' other owners and their dogs as well as receiving help and advice, x

Ladylou

Post by Ladylou » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Pam, and welcome. I'm afraid that I don't have any experience of Patterdales, but there are many knowledgeable people on here who know their terriers.

Pam

Post by Pam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm

hello Ladylou, many thanks for the welcome! x

Return to “Introduce Yourself”