Hello from East Sussex

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
LilyBlu

Hello from East Sussex

Post by LilyBlu » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 am

Hello to all at RR

I'm Chelsea and I live in Uckfield with my four pawed feline friend Lily. I am a lover of all bull breeds, and can say that I learnt most of my life lessons with a rescued American pit bill puppy called Rizz, whom I had for 16 lovely years before I lost her to a tumour in the brain, she was playful, gentle, devoted and my best friend, nanny to my nephew whom grew up with her and 7 years on we still miss her hugely.

I also have a Staffy cross called Naartjie, whom I adopted 7 years ago privately from a young lad heading to university and unable to take her with him, who now lives with my parents (as she'd learnt about cats going faster when you chase them.... before I had her)and I couldn't unfortunately break that habit, she's also a great rabbit chaser, so has to be walked noisily!!

I have followed your forum for years in its various forms and seen how much it has grown and all the amazing work you do for our four legged friends. I have recently completed the online registration to join your wonderful team of volunteers, so hopefully I will be approved and get to meet some of you soon, fingers and toes crossed!! (Am available a lot over Xmas if that helps?)

Chelsea xx

gsdlover

Re: Hello from East Sussex

Post by gsdlover » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello & welcome chelsea :biggrin.gif:

I am in Heathfield so not too far from you :biggrin.gif:

LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:15 am

Hello gsdlover

Thank you for the welcome, it's good to be on the forum at last.....

Chelsea

Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Chelsea. Have you applied to be a walker or foster?

LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Hoonercat

Thanks for the welcome, don't know why I didn't join earlier...!

I've applied to join RR's team of walkers, had thought having my cat Lily would limit my ability to foster so... would be interested in fostering if it were appropriate with a fairly cat friendly dog, don't know if that's possible, could try weekends if RR thought it okay? Do you think that's a possibility?

Be great to hear your thoughts ....

Chelsea

staffylevi

Post by staffylevi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Chelsea... great you joined the forum at last! ;) And how nice you have followed our rescue through the years. On a personal note for me; so so wonderful to hear a positive story of a pit bull, shame there aren't more of them in this country.

Re: Fostering. You will need to fill out an online fostering application (see link below). Yes, it is possible to foster for weekends; just ask John (Hoonercat) he does it a lot and it is so so beneficial to our dogs and gives them a break from kennel life and shows them in a 'home' light to potential new owners. Once you've filled out the fostering questionnaire the RR team will contact you and will 'marry' you and Lilly up with a dog they feel is suitable to your situation and obviously one that is cat friendly; we do get them occasionally!! ;) Hope that helps!

https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... stionnaire

Here's another link on other ways to get involved.
viewforum.php?f=23
Doin' it for the staffies ...

LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi Staffylevi

Thank you for your welcome, it's great to be here!

I will complete the fostering form as soon as I can (just waiting for some boundary repairs to be carried out) I would love to be able to offer weekends out from kennels for some of those gorgeous girls and boys waiting for homes.....

Have applied to be a walker also, so hopefully can help out on that front also....

Chelsea

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:41 am

Hello Chelsea,

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find us a friendly and helpful bunch of "caninephiles" (if such a word exists) in particular, and the information you read useful.

As you are aware, we have many wonderful dogs waiting patiently for their homes, but in the meantime relish the thought of time out of kennels, walking or in foster homes....great to hear you are hoping to offer support in these areas. Thank you.

Best wishes from the Mob in T Wells.

John

LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello John

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I've looked at many of the threads and seen the amount of time and love you give to these needy souls, helping them through abandonment to re homing, it's lovely to see their recoveries.

Looking forward to joining the team as soon as I'm approved, fingers crossed!

Chelsea

Return to “Introduce Yourself”