CheshireBumpkin Seeks Chief Terrierist... :)

A chance to tell everyone about you and your dog/s.
CheshireBumpkin

CheshireBumpkin Seeks Chief Terrierist... :)

Post by CheshireBumpkin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 am

Hi Folks,

Just saying hello. As the name suggests, I'm based up in rural Cheshire and I've been lurking around the Terrier Rescue threads for a little while.

I had to have my previous rescue dog, Tilly, put down earlier this year when her arthritis got to the stage where multiple daily drugs and twice weekly laser treatment couldn't keep her comfortable. Tilly was a true crossbreed terrier of brilliantly dubious parentage - patterdale, staffy, and a distinct streak of collie (!) were all there. Imagine strong terrier traits, with collie intellect and drive... icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif Prior to Tilly was Prince, a border x patterdale who taught me the art of terrier negotiation and a million other things over the years. Both were beyond special to me.

I live for my dogs, and after a few months of licking my emotional wounds I'm ready to find the next dog to keep an eye on me.

I have to make a rare short trip to Dublin in a couple of weeks, but the moment I get back I'll be putting my application in and preparing to (happily) not leave my new dogs' side for a very long time. woo.gif]

Bye for now!

Froggie757

Re: CheshireBumpkin Seeks Chief Terrierist... :)

Post by Froggie757 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:45 am

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find your future doggy companion here as soon as you return, the homing team are fab and will work so hard to find you your perfect buddy. Enjoy Dublin and look forward to hearing more about your adventures soon.

CheshireBumpkin

Re: CheshireBumpkin Seeks Chief Terrierist... :)

Post by CheshireBumpkin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks! It's the first time in nearly 20 years that I don't have a dog, and it's simply not right...

Looking forward to speaking to the homing team - the main concern I can foresee is that I don't have the prescribed 6ft panel fencing. I live in the middle of farmland and my garden is securely fenced with fairly typical stock fencing at around 4ft high. I've never had an escape or near miss, so hopefully I'll get to talk to the team about it and explain why I don't anticipate it being a problem before they rule me out.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”