Archie (Ezra) Patterdale DofB 01.18 London W4

Dogs that have found their forever home
EmmaNicole

Re: Ezra Crossbreed DofB 01.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

So I got to walk the lovely Ezra today and oh what a sweet boy he is. He was so excited when I approached his kennel nd he realised it was his turn for human attention. Ezra’s favourite thing in life is just to be near you and to get cuddled, he likes this even more than walking. So before he would let us set off for our walk he insisted on a lovely quick cuddle and then we were off. Ezra is a busy boy on walks with his nose to ground sniffing out all the a,axing new smells in the woods. He regularly checks in with his human though and his a very connected with you throughout a walk. Ezra is an easy walk, although he does pull a little due his his dinky size he is easily controlled. He is also responsive to many commands such as sit wait easy.

This poor little boy is too young to be in kennels and is so scared he just hides in his basket most of the time hoping that his forever humans will be there soon to give him a new home away from all the noise.
93F9D9DD-D297-4E33-BDED-B82C12B6D650.jpeg
D395A719-8A15-48CA-9F56-0A845F7B5B0C.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

The last of my walks today, little Ezra had to wait but he was so pleased to see me and he always gives you a big hug on entering his run. I just love his soft manner and his lovely little face. We had a lovely walk, and Ezra is such an easy little pup, he doesn't pull and is very interested in everything around him but mainly has his nose to the ground, having a good sniff. We met the cat near the car park, he was a tad too interested and wanted to chase! I hate putting this one back in his kennel but he is not as scared now he is away from the main block. Ezra doesn't react to other dogs on walks and loves his humans. Soft and gentle when playing or snuggling.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Well I asked to walk Ezra today and got my wish. This little boy is a real heartbreaker for me. You have to cuddle before you set off, because cuddles are more important to Ezra than anything. We thought Ezra might like walking with Rosco, who is also young and bouncy, but two over excited pups together didn’t make walking easy, so Geoff went on ahead and Ezra and I set our own pace. Ezra walks very well on the lead when he isn’t being distracted by the proximity of another dog who might actually play with him! He is very interested in what’s around him, cars, birds, bushes etc. I feel this little boy has not had much chance to explore the world yet, and he definitely needs a family that will take time to teach him and train him. He is not food motivated at the moment but so desperately wants to please you that he responds really well to praise and strokes etc. Ezra needs to be out of kennels and in a home environment he’s at that age when he is so receptive to learning. angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

I actually had not met Ezra before today nor had heard anything about him as I am usually busy walking the terriers. However, when I arrived this little black shape started barking at me to get my attention from an outside pen so, armed with treats, I went to investigate. My goodness me, I can quite understand how Ezra has become the sweetheart of the walkers and the kennel staff. He is just so lovely. He wants to cuddle and snuggle and just be with you. I decided to walk him later in the morning and our first port of call was walker Laura who was sitting in her car having her lunch. Ezra just smothered her in love. We then went for our walk and what an easy walk it was. There was no pulling, just lots of delighted interest in the world around him. This is a little dog who will totally disarm you with his friendliness and sweetness. Let's hope someone sees that soon and takes him home as such a young dog needs to be in a home environment asap. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Freya

Post by Freya »

Today was the 1st time I have met Ezra and I immediately fell head over heels in love! He is such a cuddley gentle boy I can’t imagine he will be looking for a home for long, I’ll be very jealous of the lucky person who gets to adopt him!
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I do feel for little Ezra, he's such a baby and a needy baby at that. He is desperate for love and attention and I hope he gets his home soon, before kennels takes its toll and he becomes nervous. He is now literally clinging onto me when I go into his run so I got him out quickly and walking, so he realised he was coming with me, before he got too excited. He wasn't grabby or nippy but I wanted to move on in case it escalated to that. He's a tiny, light little thing so is easy to walk. We went to the paddock today and again, he was clingy, so we had a cuddle then I got him to play with a ball. He loves to chase and fetch but wasn't giving it up, but this boy is very bright so it only took a few goes of teaching him to exchange the ball for a treat with a "leave it" and he learnt it straight away and then gave me the ball every time! Ezra is very intelligent and a little hyper so I think he would thrive in a home with someone who knows how to train him and keep him occupied while controlling his energy. I am not an agility person but I could see him being good at that. He did get quite excited when he saw another dog going past and as he's quite springy, I was worried he might try the fence, so I called him back and got a lead on him, then he calmed and we had a nice walk back to his kennel, where breakfast was waiting for him, so I was ignored 0002.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked my little sweetheart Ezra today. We had a nice cuddle in his kennel before we set off and he tried to help me remove the very nice little fleece coat he was wearing before we set out by lifting his paw when I asked and then rolling in his back so I could get at both front paws together!! However we did remove it, had another quick cuddle and then set off on a really lovely walk. We met a very nice elderly gentleman in the wood, who was walking very slowly, obviously for his health, he was interested in why Ezra, who is not very big, was wearing two leads so we had a nice chat about the rescue and Ezra was beautifully calm and well behaved whilst we talked, so impressive for such a young Dog. We passed a serious runner (twice) and Ezra did think it might be fun to join them, I suspect he could have kept up too, but I couldn’t! This little boy is a total delight and I would really like to see him homed as soon as possible, even though I will miss hm so much, he has so much potential. He has already mastered sit for a treat, a lesson leaned last week, and remembered. angel13.gif]. It was very easy to put his little fleece coat back on him when we got back to his kennel, he was such a good boy and very helpful xxx
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

What a sweetheart little Ezra is, anyone who loves a cuddle needs to pay this boy a visit.

When I was looking for his kennel on Sunday this face was looking at me from the door waiting patiently for me to come and find him.

As soon as I got in his kennel that was it lots of hugs and he really loved a bit of attention.

We went to the paddock first and as I sat down he jumped up next to me, Ezra really does love people and the chance to be with them.

He walked well on the lead checking back every so often and very connected but does get a bit distracted by passing dogs but with a bit of time and confidence I am sure this would improve, he just wants to play.

This lovely boy loves people and would give so much back to someone lucky enough to give him a home love4.gif
B6B504BE-B269-4DBE-9F1B-047F92B82A05.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Gorgeous little Ezra greeted me ecstatically today and we had a lovely cuddle before we set off on a really enjoyable walk. Ezra is quite confident with traffic passing him now and has learned to sit perfectly for treats. He still gets very excited passing other dogs, assuming I think that they’d be good to play with, but he is beautifully behaved passing people and squirrels!! It started to rain when we were walking and he looked up at me to make sure it was okay for us to continue, so when we got back we had a nice rub down with a towel and another cuddle before I put his little red wool coat back on him ( to help keep him warm in this cold weather) and left him with a nice chicken chew. Love this little boy. angel13.gif] total sweetheart xxx
Sarahk

Re: Ezra Crossbreed DofB 01.18 Oxted W/E Foster

Post by Sarahk »

Ezra has come to stay for a couple of nights woo.gif]

He was very excited at my front door and was looking forward to a bit of home life I think, straight through to the back garden and he had the longest wee !!! Good boy Ezra for hanging on :D

Next after some inside exploring came a bath, sorry Ezra but you were a little stinky !!! Now I thought he might be a wriggler in the bath but he was good as good, wouldn’t say he enjoyed it but he stood nice and still and endured it well ! I made sure the bath water was nice and warm thumbs.gif
Ezra is now sweet smelling with a lovely very very strokable shiny black coat love4.gif

Enjoyed playing with some of the toys - which were a good distraction from some tail chasing. A little bit of dinner, which I think may be secondsies as the girls had just fed him when I went to pick him up - but I couldn’t remember if his bowl was clear or not so just in case I thought 2 dinners wouldn’t hurt him !!! Bless, I think he may have already eaten up as he’s grazed at what I put down :D

And now he’s cream crackered and lying next to me on the sofa, all snuggly, just as you would expect of this sweet little man :smiley-gen132.gif:
63C08F07-E9C6-40C2-8D98-8F4DD2688EFF.jpeg
He surprised me some more when I had my dinner on a tray on and he didn’t try and steal it !!! I thought he would be cheeky but he wasn’t, sat next to me and then lay down, yes he was looking my way but never chanced his luck - good boy Ezra love4.gif xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”