Marley Mastiff DofB 01.2011 Enfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Marley Mastiff DofB 01.2011 Enfield

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0740.jpgmarley.jpg
Marley's Story: Marley was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a North Kent council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Marley is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Marley was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0751.jpgmarley.jpg
DSCF0739.jpgmarley.jpg
DSCF0734.jpgmarley.jpg
Marley's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
12.12.18: Hello Lynne,
I was given your contact details while searching for some urgent help with two dogs that we have in our pound. I appreciate that this is a busy time of year for you as it is for us at Medway.
Marley is a Mastiff cross who I collected on 28th November. He was found by a builder and coaxed into the cab of a truck with food. He then wouldn't let anyone into the vehicle and I had to use the catch pole to get him out safely, I then was able to slip lead him from my dog van. He was initially wary of everyone and I have worked a little with him and feel I have gained his trust as have the kennel staff at the pound but after taking him for a walk to a local playing field, and then to the vet for vaccination he has reacted to men. Growling and lunging. My male colleagues have also had this aggressive reaction. He is another one that cannot go to a pet dog home without work being done over a period of time.
Marley is already castrated - roughly 3 years old. Have microchips but details are not up to date - no response to letters sent to the registered addresses. Have had their first vaccination and worm and flea treatment.
I wonder if you have any space or contacts to help with these two dogs as a Council pound we are struggling to find the best solution for both of these dogs and I worry for his future.
I have attached a picture of Marley.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Kindest regards Jacky
Marley1.jpg
Marley.jpg
Jojokate

Marley Mastiff DofB 01.11 Medway council comes when kennel space available

Post by Jojokate »

Poor lad, I’m sure with the right love and respect all will be well again Marley
anne

Re: Marley Mastiff DofB 01.2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Marley has arrived.....
DSCF0588.jpgmarley.jpg
DSCF0596.jpgmarley.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Louise and I were the lucky ones to meet magnificent Marley yesterday. He is quite a boy! Yes big, but soft and gentle. He was very patient while we fitted a new harness and he behaved beautifully on our walk, loose lead most of the time. He likes to plod along, taking his time to sniff and investigate with his nose. He was not bothered by traffic or a passing dog. He sat really nicely for his photo shoot, especially as there were treats involved, which he took very gently. love4.gif
Treats? Don't mind if I do!
Treats? Don't mind if I do!
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Well hello handsome and welcome Heart fill with love.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Marley today and found him very friendly. We had a nice long walk. He was lovely to walk, he is strong but doesn't pull. He was good as cyclists, motorbikes and traffic passed him. He sat nicely when I asked him, to let some people and their dogs walk past and he had no reaction, other than to wag his tail. Later, two off lead standard poodles ran around him barking and other than a friendly bounce as he wanted to play, Marley did not react. When we got back to the kennels, Marley said hello to several other walkers then I noticed his coat was in a bit of a state, so I combed out all the dead hair, which he loved and his tail was wagging all the time. Lots of walkers and dogs passed by and he just stood still, enjoying his grooming. Marley seems a lovely natured boy and was easy to get in and out of his kennel. He also does a lovely sit and give paw and I found him very responsive to me when walking, so I think someone has put some time into this lovely dog. Sad he became homeless, he's a smasher.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Well I'm in love with this great big hunk of gorgeousness love4.gif
Marley seemed pleased to see me again today. Lovely, well behaved walk again, so calm and gentle is this boy. Yes he's big and strong but he ambles along and feels such a good dog to have walking by my side. He is responsive to his name and is obedient. No worries at all passing other dogs, he just looks. We went to the paddock where he followed me everywhere and I gave him another good brush, which he absolutely loves and had him groaning and lying on his back with his legs splayed out. Takes treats gently and I haven't found him nervous at all. He's a bit of a Gent actually.

Soooo handsome!
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Laurafoster

Post by Laurafoster »

We had the absolute pleasure of taking marley out for the day yesterday, and as always was an absolute delight. Round the lakes he let other dogs come and say hello to him, and when told to come along he carried on enjoying his walk. He had no problems with our cat either, at first we thought he hadn't seem him, turned out he just wasn't bothered by him at all. Unfortunately I don't know how to put the video up. The only time marley went near him is when I was calling him over to the cat and then he soon walked away from him. He loved all the cuddles and attention he got from my husband and I. Once settled was quite happy just to lay in the sun and enjoy his time out from the kennels. Was also brilliant in my tiny corsa car, just sat looking out the window taking in the views. Who ever gives marley his forever home is going to be one lucky person, he is just full of love and so behaved. Xx
IMG_20190126_112348-600x800.jpg
IMG_20190126_112549-600x800.jpg
Screenshot_20190127-094006-600x1067.jpg
Screenshot_20190127-094032-600x1067.jpg
IMG_20190126_114841-600x800.jpg
Simz

Re: Marley Mastiff DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Simz »

Had the pleasure of meeting and walking the handsome Marley on Wednesday 😍 He is a big boy and strong with it, but so gentle and calm mannered, a real gent and seems to not be bothered much by other dogs in nearby kennels or whilst out walking. I walked with a male walker with Tiger a small Staffie and the two walked well without fuss. Marley is responsive his name and sweetly looks back to check you're ok when he walks ahead. Definitely plan to spend more time with this kind sir! love4.gif
Simz

Re: Marley Mastiff DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Simz »

Played football with this gentle boy in the paddock! He has some skills! Displays no possessiveness or over excitement even during play and keeps everything at an easy to manage level. It was great to see him running around and he ignored other dogs passing the paddock although I know he saw them. Afterwards we went for a walk in the woods and he was gentle on lead. Such a good boy and handsome fella! ❤️❤️

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”