Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5.2017 Oxted Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
mandyandmike

Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5/2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Sara.jpg
Another pic of sweet little Sara on her walk yesterday. Her confidence has really blossomed since she first came in.
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

Sweet Sara and I enjoyed our walk in the sunshine today. She loves being out on a walk and really is so good on the lead it makes it such a pleasure to spend time with her. We saw a few squirrels which was very exciting for Sara who was super keen to watch and then find out where they disappeared to! She does well with listening to her walker and responding to commands, she really is a lovely dog and just waiting to blossom in the right home. Heart fill with love.gif]
TrueBlueOz

Post by TrueBlueOz »

I walked the lovely Sarah today. She was very light on the lead and interested in the animals around us with her nose to the ground. She loves treats and was happy to sit when a treat was in the offing.
TrueBlueOz

Post by TrueBlueOz »

Sarah 2.jpg
Who could resist those eyes?
Who could resist those eyes?
MandaTK

Re: Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5/2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK »

Sara is the most ADORABLE little girl. She has come such a long way, she is now much more confident and the happiest little dog. Today I had a walk with her for 2 hours along the North Downs Way with 4 other dogs - Rocky (with walker Jo), Bruno, with walker Mandy, Pablo terrier with newbie Gina and Lotty (with Linda). But Rocky took her attention and she and Rocky became a "pair". Amazing calm walk alongside Rocky and her kennel pals. It was wonderful watching the connection between Sara and Rocky! I actually love little Sara, she is easy to harness, adores being out and listens all the time to you with commands. She sits, waits and looks at you when asked. She cuddles to the max and adores her walker! She has a fairly high prey drive but is distracted when needed. Please someone give this beautiful little girl the chance she needs, her own sofa with her own humans who will adore her as much as I and many others at RR do. She deserves to be out of kennels and in her own homexxx angel13.gif]
LuluE

Re: Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5.2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by LuluE »

I had the pleasure of meeting this gorgeous girl yesterday and she completely stole my heart. love4.gif She was so easy to harness and deal with in her kennel and a complete joy on the walk. Didn't pull at all but was very alert and interested in everything. She's very engaged with her human as you walk and considering she'd only just met me she was extremely trusting. Whilst walking she often looks back for some reassurance which is so endearing and makes her very easy to handle. We met a (very well behaved) off lead collie and she hardly batted an eyelid. Once we got back we went to have a play in the paddock and she was so sweet. Happy to play with the ball but more happy to just snuggle in and have a cuddle in the sunshine. She is a complete angel. I cannot believe she hasn't found a home yet. If you can, please please fill out a homing form for this beautiful girl. It will be the best thing you do! thumbs.gif
Gorgeous Sara
Gorgeous Sara
lucyloo

Re: Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5.2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

Sara had a wonderful couple of weekends with volunteer Charlotte and family. She proved herself to be a good traveller (to Wales) housetrained, non destructive and very loving. She adores other dogs and children, and spent a weekend with children as young as 5.

Here are some videos. Note, the toy explosions are not all Sara's handiwork!

sara.jpg
GeorgieT

Post by GeorgieT »

First walk with Sara today and I can see why she’s such an RR favourite love4.gif

I’m not going to lie, she was literally bouncing off the walls when I went into her kennel HOWEVER I was the first person in this morning and as such all the dogs were in a high state of excitement. Sara’s moved kennels since the last time I was in and whilst she used to be tucked away at the quiet end next to the very calm Sunny she is now in the thick of it next to two quite excitable dogs so I think this all contributed. I had a job getting her attention initially as she was busy jack-in-a-boxing at King telling him she was going for a walk! But once her harness and lead was on and we’d exited her kennel she calmed down immediately.

I was expecting a very excitable walk but no...it was like walking a cloud! No pulling or jumping, she just trotted along nicely and loves sniffing all the interesting smells along the way. She’s more of nature appreciator than a gung-ho nelly!

She’s incredibly well behaved around strange dogs when out and about (and obviously knows she’s been good as gives you big ‘I need a treat now’ eyes as soon as she’s negotiated an interaction 😄) We met two very yappy terriers who’s owner refused to put them on a lead 🤦🏻‍♀️ but she was super calm about it. I think, given a chance, she would’ve loved to make friends and play with everyone (human or canine) that we met today.

All in all she was an absolute delight. Here’s hoping this lovely little pup gets her forever home very soon.
4542B83F-3DE4-464C-AF31-757A8750703A.jpeg
LuluE

Post by LuluE »

Geez I adore this little girl! love4.gif Had a lovely long walk with her on Friday. She is such a brilliant dog. So engaging and easy to deal with. No problem handling her in her kennel and so light on the lead when out and about. It was a busy day... dogs, runners, families... and she takes everything in her stride. She loves a treat and is super responsive so would be very easy to train. Although she is already a master at sit! It's adorable the way she'll keep checking back at you on a walk to make sure you're ok (and don't have any treats on offer 0002.gif]) I would happily wrap her up and take her home with me if I could, she is an absolute gem of a dog and is wasted in kennels. Please consider giving her a forever home, you wont regret it. angel13.gif]
IMG_6501_opt.jpg
IMG_6085_opt.jpg
Spinx87

Post by Spinx87 »

This morning was the day that I had been waiting for since I started at Rescue Remedies and saw Sara. When I first started a couple of months ago I was browsing the forums and immediately fell in love with her. She has such an expressive face and good nature it's actually extremely hard to believe that she is even in this situation.

We arrived at 10am and she was clearly extremely excited to go out for a walk. I managed to get the harness over her head but she was bounding around the kennel in excitement so much I just could fasten the clips. After about 5 minutes and a few treats she eventually calmed down enough for me to secure her harness and get her out of the kennel.

Once we were out she was a completely different dog. She was very well behaved on the lead and didn't pull once in the 90 minutes that we were walking. As it was a nice day we decided to head down the river towards Guildford town centre and then loop back past Mount Browne Police Station and to the kennels. Sara is very clearly a sighthound and would often be distracted by flies, bees and pretty much any slight movement.

As it was a rather warm day today we thought she might like to dip her paws in the water at the 'beach' area of the river but it became quite clear that she isn't a big fan of water. Not to worry though, Nikki had her water bottle/bowl on hand for her to drink from. After about 20 minutes we thought we'd have a little break and sit down on one of the benches for a few photos.

MVIMG_20190330_103636_2_opt.jpg
MVIMG_20190330_104938_2_opt.jpg

Once Sara had gobbled her snacks and washed them down with some water we set off again. She was great with passing cyclists, dogs, cars, people... Everything. Once we reached town we headed back towards the kennels and thought we'd try and get a picture of her with some daffodils. Unfortunately Sara had other ideas and refused to look at the camera before finally jumping all of them (she apologises!).

MVIMG_20190330_110247_2_opt.jpg

When we arrived back at the kennels we took Sara to the grass paddock for a bit of off-lead time. We were both so happy that we did as Sara absolutely loved the freedom. She's a big fan of fetching the ball but is still learning the art of dropping it. It was great to see her leaping around in happiness. She certainly enjoyed herself today.

Following today's walk Nikki and I are even more baffled that she hasn't found her forever home. If she's still in kennels in a couple of weeks we'd certainly be keen on a short-term foster should we be allowed. She's a fantastic little soul and would be such a good companion.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”