Moss Staffie x DofB 26.04.17 Chichester

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Moss Staffie x DofB 26.04.17 Chichester

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF9265.jpgmoss.jpg
Moss's Story: Moss was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within an East London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Moss is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Moss was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9259.jpgmoss.jpg
DSCF9272.jpgmoss.jpg
Moss's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Moss ran out of time in an East London council pound, and his dog warden asked us to help him.
Moss.jpeg
Moss1.jpeg
anne

Re: Moss Staffie x DofB 04.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Moss is delightful. He is super friendly. He gave me a lovely welcome into his kennel and sat patiently while I fitted his harness. He walks nicely on the lead, enjoying his walk, taking time to check out all the smells and leave his mark. He is connected and responsive while walking and I have already fallen for his charms and have a soft spot for this lovely boy.
DSCF9266.jpgmoss.jpg
DSCF9267.jpgmoss.jpg
Rs00252

Re: Moss Staffie x DofB 04.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Rs00252 »

I walked Moss last week and we had a lovely time. He was very happy to see me and to get out of the kennels for a walk. On our walk we saw some wild deers in the woods on the path ahead of us, he froze, had a sniff and waited for them to run off. We came across a few dogs, who he would acknowledge and then carry on walking. He did pull on the lead for most of our walk, but he would turn around to check I was keeping up with him! I took him to the paddock after his walk so I could let him off the lead to run out the last of his energy. I was expecting him to run around the paddock, but instead he ran straight to up to where I was sitting, leaned his body against me and flopped his front legs over my lap and gave me some kisses, appreciating my stroking of his gorgeous soft coat! He's a lovely young affectionate boy, hope he finds a loving home soon!
stuartportlock

Re: Moss Staffie x DofB 26.04.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by stuartportlock »

:dog_running-186.gif: took him out today what a beautiful boy. Very good manners responsive and a pleasure to walk.
Bramleyapples

Post by Bramleyapples »

Thought I would share some information from my foster break with Moss before I pick him up again tomorrow for another few days break from kennels woo.gif]

Moss is very affectionate and friendly, he loves nothing more than to cuddle up with his favourite people on the sofa or in bed. Chasing after a ball or chewing on one of his toys is a close second. There's not a lot of info about Moss's background but I think he's been well loved at some point - he is house trained which remained faultless even when he had a very upset tummy, he knows sit, paw and down, and he is friendly to everyone he meets. He doesn't react to other dogs on walks, and generally walks calmly on a loose lead unless he gets startled by something (doesn't seem to like sirens). He played nicely with some puppies we met on a walk - was very patient with them. He's a keen gardener and ate some peppers off our pepper plant as well as rearranging one of the flower beds when I wasn't looking, so think he would love some opportunities to sniff around and dig!

His puppyish side came out more as he settled in - he's very active and very clever. He will get hyper in the house if he doesn't get enough exercise/mental stimulation. I suspect he's got some lurcher in there somewhere as he can also identify the perfect opportunity to steal food if it's left out 0002.gif]. We took him to lots of different places and he was able to settle on the bus, in a busy sports club, in the pub - as long as he's got someone that he knows with him he is pretty happy anywhere! We didn't leave him on his own, but he did settle on the sofa for a couple of hours when I was doing work in my study.
Trying to get me to stop doing work and pay him attention!
Trying to get me to stop doing work and pay him attention!
Moss tongue out.jpg
Moss cuddle.jpg
Moss with hat.jpg
In a very busy and noisy clubhouse after a hockey game! Happy with a ball
In a very busy and noisy clubhouse after a hockey game! Happy with a ball
Rs00252

Post by Rs00252 »

Yesterday Moss was my first walk of the day. I walked Moss with another dog and walker and he was a very good boy, he was very settled and walked beautifully on the lead, not pulling at all. On our walk we saw two horses pass by, he remained calm and only had a sniff of their scent once they had moved on. Moss loves affection and is very affectionate himself, giving me a few licks in his kennel after his walk. I love to take Moss out for walks, I hope he finds a loving home soon as I think he is starting to lose some weight due to the stress of kennel life.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Moss helped us with the christmas photoshoot a few weeks ago - he seemed to love dressing up and looks rather fabulous and festive don't you think .... love4.gif
DSC07377.JPG
DSC07388.JPG
DSC07379.JPG
Such a lovely boy and so very very handsome - may your wishes come true and we find your forever home soon super boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Rs00252

Post by Rs00252 »

On boxing Day me and my boyfriend took Moss out for a walk, he walked beautifully on the lead and didn't pull at all. We took Moss to the paddock afterwards and let him off and he loved chasing after the tennis balls, speeding after them and jumping in the air to catch them! He made friends with my boyfriend on their first meet very quickly! Moss is such a lovely affectionate boy, hope he finds a loving home soon!
Leeanne

Post by Leeanne »

I took moss out on Christmas Day we had a lovely time in the paddock playing ball. Moss likes to stay close to you apart from when he is running after his ball. Moss was good at leave most of the time and as he is still a young boy I was very impressed. We got a Christmas selfie together although I don’t think moss was too bothered 0002.gif] moss is a lovely boy and very affectionate. Hoping his forever home comes soon. love4.gif
5C5BEC5B-AEE8-4089-9C7C-578208D5681C.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”