Victor Picardi x Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Maplethorpe Lincs

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Victor is doing great. He is making new friends and enjoying social walks with other dogs. He still occasionally has a bark at a passing dog but it is all noise. I shall try and video him on a social walk next time I take him out.
anne

Post by anne »

Victor shared his walk with Ollie yesterday and the video shows how relaxed he is on his walks.
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Victor, what a lovely boy! Easy to harness and was keen to get on his way today. Both Fiona and I walked him. He loves to sniff everything, so be prepared for a long walk. He passed all dogs well, including the two offlead local poochies who wanted to say hello! Besides dogs, he was also well behaved when he had to give way to not one but four horses on three separate occasions. He stood to one side, and was more than patient when the horse rider wanted to have 'a chat'....... He loves sausages, and this week, he was less 'grabby'' and took them quite gently. Victor is coming on in leaps and bounds. A really nice walk and he definitely knows when he is due a sausage. I think 'Good Boy Victor' = sausage! Kate x :smiley-bounce016.gi:
anne

Post by anne »

Victor had a lovely relaxed walk with new boy Max, this morning. Victor was immediately at ease with Max and happy to follow and sniff, at Max's sedate pace. He did feel the need to shout briefly at a passing dog but this is getting less and less now and it is often easy to distract him. He is such a friendly, easy going boy and a great walking companion.
anne

Post by anne »

I have been sharing 3 walks with Victor each week. He is the easiest boy to take for a walk. He walks out of his kennel, head held high, ignoring all the other dogs and calmly gets stuck into his walk. Victor is quite happy to share his walk with a quiet canine companion or enjoy a walk on his own. This morning Victor and I headed out on our own and having more time, we took a much longer, leisurely walk than normal. Victor enjoyed a good mooch about, sniffing and snuffling his way around the walk. The first dog we saw, Victor passed without comment. Then we passed 3 other RR dogs out enjoying their walk and Victor let them know he was there, and again passing 2 more rescue dogs, Victor had to tell them he was around. Other than a bit of barking at passing dogs, Victor is perfectly behaved on his walks and is a joy to spend time with.
DSCF1009.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF1010.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF1011.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF1013.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF1014.jpgvictor.jpg
Leeanne

Post by Leeanne »

35030C33-0A98-498C-9ED3-5D7E3268861D.jpeg
6CB75CDB-BA26-4611-B21C-DD68FB04DA87.jpeg
Iast week I walked victor and I have to say what a fantastic boy he was. Victor is wary of strangers but once you have his trust he is an amazing dog. Victor now stops for fuss on our walks. At first victor was very vocal when we had to stop and let other dogs pass but now he’s calm when we stop and not a peep he was very connected to me. With the right person and time to settle victor will make an amazing companion love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

love4.gif
DSCF1135.jpgvictor.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I think with the warmer weather, the dogs are starting to moult and Victor was feeling itchy this morning so he threw himself onto the grass for a good old roll about. He did this several times during our walk.
Victor is such a happy soul, enjoying the company of his friends out on a walk and then happily lounging in his bed back in his kennel. After our walk I was passing Victors kennel and he looked very comfortable and chilled out in his bed.
DSCF1415.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF1417.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF1419.jpgvictor.jpg
Fional

Post by Fional »

I walked Victor again yesterday in the sunshine. Poor chap was concerned about his operation site and kept turning round to reach it. It must have been bothering him as it was only carried out on Friday. Once we got out into the long grass he had a few rolls on his back in the sunshine and seemed really happy. Just a couple of barks at one dog but distracting him and a "Good boy" and a sausage totally does the trick. I love this dog. He will make a wonderful companion in the right home. :smiley-dance017.gif: love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Victor this morning. He enjoyed several rolls in the grass, walking the wrong side of trees and winding us up with the leads 0002.gif] and lots of sniffing. When we have to negotiate a stile, Victor leaps over elegantly like a gazelle. I have tried to capture this in the video along with his happy, calm nature and the joyous rolling in the grass. Victor sure knows how to roll!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”