Charlie AmBull DofB 06.06.13 Reading

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Charlie AmBull DofB 06.06.13 Reading

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF7478.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Sheffield council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Charlie is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated, He can suffer from sore paws. Charlie was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick and now in homed as an only dog nr Reading with his new family
DSCF7446.jpgcharlie.jpg
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Charlie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
DSCF8124.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF7457.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF7467.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 05.09.18: Hi Lynne There are four bullbreeds needing out Now- Including...

Charlie Neutered boy but not up to date on vaccs. Stressed when around other dogs. He's a Ambull 5-6 years old. Cx
CharlieAmB1.jpg
CharlieAmB.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Charlie AmBull DofB 06.06.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Charlie has arrived a little fearful so retreating but then wanting to come forwards and smell the offered hand. He looks ragged and his feet look sore. A day to settle him tomorrow then vets oversight Thursday, kennel staff delighted with him
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF7460.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF7465.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF7476.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF7468.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF7453.jpgcharlie.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

I met and walked Charlie for the first time today. The weather was wet and horrible but Charlie didn't mind. I introduced myself with a few sausages and he was very chilled when we left the kennels. Charlie appears to be very treat orientated and once he knew I had treats in my pocket, he would walk in front of me, stop and wait until he got one. Out on our walk, we came across two very well trained off lead dogs who let us pass them, Charlie was very interested and did pull a little, but once we had passed them, he was happy to get on his way. I even got a little trot out of him, very graceful. He is a lovely boy, willing to engage with his walker and loves sausages.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Wowzers, what a handsome boy he is! love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Kate

Post by Kate »

Totally fell in love with Charlie on Saturday, he is right up my street, (well done Ros for pairing us up, it's a bit like speed dating 0002.gif] ) big lovely friendly boy and another one who loves his treats. I took super big treats on Saturday as well to give to the dogs when I put back them back in their kennel, Charlie was thrilled with his. He is a very calm boy to walk, happy to potter and walks to heel very well, although not sure if this is more luck than judgement 0002.gif] but an absolute pleasure to walk him.

When we came back to the kennels I just sat on the bench with him for a minute and he leaned into my leg and enjoyed some fuss such a sweetheart, another one who I'd have in a heartbeat. Sorry no pics, I did do a Boomerang of him walking to heel but don't think I can add that to the forum!
anne

Post by anne »

Charlie walked with one of our newer walkers, Ben, this morning and was joined on his walk by little staffie Lexis. Charlie was such a calm and gentle boy around Lexis. He just ambles along minding his own business and seems very relaxed around other dogs.
Sarahk

Re: Charlie AmBull DofB 06.06.13 Oxted Weekend Foster

Post by Sarahk »

Charlie boy has come to stay for the weekend, he has very sore paws which is making walking uncomfortable for him so paw bathing and relaxing is on the cards for this gorgeous boy this weekend love4.gif

He’s started as he means to go on ...
1A35A21C-0C8E-4F6D-B30D-05706C6C6994.jpeg
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

C1B7CDE0-4C5D-4D51-A25F-3956A5066540.jpeg
Charlie snores quite loudly at times 0002.gif]
But knowing how relaxed he is makes it the very best sound ever love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”