Yogi Akita DofB 12.14 Northolt W/E Foster

Serious discussions are already underway with families on these dogs or the dogs have gone into a home on trial when circumstances have elements that need to be overcome/worked on before homing is confirmed.
xxlynne

Yogi Akita DofB 12.14 Northolt W/E Foster

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Current Status: Reserved
Yogi4.JPG
Yogi's Story : Yogi was handed into kennels he was living with children and has lived with at least one other dog. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Yogi is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Yogi was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick but now in foster with children in Northolt whilst awaiting his new family

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Yogi's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Yogi3.JPG
Yogi.JPG
Yogi2.JPG
Yogi2.JPG
Yogi's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam from Broxbourne saved Yogi's life by holding him past his 7 days and waiting for us to be able to offer him a Rescue place. We did that on the 11th July 2018
Yogi1.JPG

sibirro

Re: Yogi Akita DofB 12.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sibirro » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 am

wow what a stunner - a lot of walkers call neko " bear" and its going to be very difficult not to do similar with the name this gorgeous boy has 0002.gif]

Robw

Post by Robw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 am

Guard those pic-a-nic baskets from him! What a stunner he is

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Yogi the bear indeed :welcome.gif:

What a boy, stunning and gentle giant too ...
DSC06112.JPG
DSC06120.JPG
DSC06123.JPG
DSC06132.JPG
DSC06129.JPG
DSC06125.JPG
just look at that tail and those gorgeous dotty socks of his :0)

Yogi, Yogi, Yogi woo.gif]
DSC06110.JPG
DSC06111.JPG
DSC06114.JPG
DSC06116.JPG
DSC06124.JPG
DSC06126.JPG

Yogi liked the Yogi size drinking bowl in the paddock 0002.gif]
DSC06108.JPG
DSC06107.JPG
DSC06106.JPG
DSC06109.JPG
:welcome.gif: love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Robw

Post by Robw » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:09 pm

I met this gorgeous fluffy teddy bear today to give him a bit of a groom and get some of the shed undercoat out of him. We had a little stroll through the wood first and a little play in the paddock, where I was treated to a lovely Yogi hug and some very delicate kisses, before heading into the shower room for the grooming. Despite having never met me before and the outrageous heat today, Yogi let me spend a good 45 minutes giving him a brush down. He was less keen on the prospect of a shower off, but still let me give him a shampoo and rinse. After that we went to the paddock with a towel to dry off followed by a much slower paced wander around the wood.

This is a long way off being a good picture of him, but we had such a nice afternoon in the sun I thought I would share it

He's an incredibly laid back and loving boy!

sibirro

Post by sibirro » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:31 pm

we walked the adorable yogi bear yesterday when we went in his kennel he was sooo pleased and excited to see us and sooo pleased to get out and about - if neko is a gentle giant then yogi is a size up from that and is a mild mannered goliath - we wondered if yogi would like going in the stream as much as neko does and we were not disappointed he loves ambling up and down the middle of the stream - we passed many dogs on our walk which he totally ignored he is a very laid back dog

xxlynne

Re: Yogi Akita DofB 12.14 Northolt W/E Foster

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Verdi, Janine and their boys came to meet dogs as they had to say goodbye to Nina last week and needed a dog fix. They had a great time and suddenly Yogi was jumping in the back of their car for a weekend foster to see how he gets on with their cat
Yogi5.JPG
Yogi6.JPG

verdi

Post by verdi » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:42 pm

full update later but yogi is smarter than the average bear.he's calm and travelled well.. he is very very friendly but without going crazy and can shift into that akita aloofness which means he doesn't mind being cuddled at all, but he's fine if you are busy and seems happy to snooze or watch the world through the French windows

I will be taking lots of pics.

oh he is amazing with our boys 11 and 7 although they are both tall... 11 yr old is 5.5ft but of course yogi has given them some real perspective over size.

Will keep you posted...

Robw

Post by Robw » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Good luck you big fluffy bear!

verdi

Post by verdi » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm

so here's an update... we've got pics but having trouble uploading but will do later

Yogi is mellow. he has brief moments when getting ready to go out where he has a little puppy exuberance but no bad behaviour... so no jumping or not listening just happy

he stayed close to me following me from room to room which was a concern but as he relaxed he went from following to looking up and eventually ended up sleeping in the dining room after walking off during a movie which was nice

we took him for long walk and he is an angel to walk... also played with a football on a long leash ... in true akita fashion he picked it up and we played fetch/Chase. all very mellow

interesting point.... no matter how far or what he was doing the command LEAVE resulted in immediate stop and looking to me ... he's tuned in and has been trained and wants to interact.

not really food driven although cocktail sausages got a 5 minute training srssion

I was worried at bedtime but I turned out light and he glanced up and lay down..

I went up to bed and partially blocked stairs with folded clothes stand..

freshener up and heard some footsteps and looked down landing to see yogi go to ground floor... heard him drink and then return to dining room and believe me you can hear him flomp down.

slept through the night.. no bins raided or anything 😊

oh he didn't bite the mother in law ... but I guess you can't win them all 😉

cat intros slowly today fingers crossed

Return to “Reserved or on Trial Adoption”