Sundance Boxer x DofB ?2015 Enfield North London

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jojo18

Re: Sundance Boxer x DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

It was such a pleasure to meet Sundance at Gatwick recently and take him for a stroll.
He's all excited on leaving the kennels but once away from the noise you see the young boy he really is .He settled into a slow and comfortable pace, sniffing everything around him , absorbing the new smells and sounds whilst keeping close by your side .
He relaxed and I saw the calm come over him , he took treats, knows sit, paw and wait and will be eager to continue regular training.
He loved cuddles and attention and will make a fantastic new addition to a family .
Sadly my photos didn't do the boy justice !
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

It was great spending time in the paddock with this gorgeous boy on Friday. He's so happy-go-lucky and full of life, a bit bouncy and excitable at first but soon finds his feet. He had the time of his life pouncing around chasing tennis balls and completely wore himself out, settling down for cuddles before it was time for even more play! Sundance is such a sweetheart, was always gentle in letting me pick up the ball and sat like such a good boy waiting. He really has such beautiful colouring and patterns!
Sundance Closeup_opt.jpg
Sundance Smile_opt.jpg
coffeepot12

Re: Sundance Boxer x DofB ?2015 Redhill W/E Foster

Post by coffeepot12 »

We had our favourite houseguest this weekend Sundance. He jumped happily in to the car and we went off to a secure field where we could let him off the lead and he had a good run around. This boy has a lot of energy and happily played fetch with balls for the whole hour and still managed to run off some steam when we got home.

We have learnt to put all the cuddly toys out of the way except the ones he can play with and this worked well as he wasn’t constantly running off to find them. He is a bit of a scavenger, turn your back on food at your own risk 0002.gif], he managed to get a couple of things off the side in the kitchen so best to put them straight away. He is starting to learn some table manners but this does need a bit of work so he doesn’t jump up or try and take a bit off your plate.

He knows some basic commands sit and wait and I am sure with time he would learn more. He didn’t bite his harness or leads at all this time and it was easy to put them on. When we were out walking several people stopped me and commented on his markings and what a handsome dog he was.

Despite trying to avoid them we were approached by several off lead dogs but Sundance was fab, a bit of a sniff and then on his way, occasionally he jumps back wanting to play but he is quickly distracted and we go on our way.

Sundance is a lovely dog who has a lot of energy so needs plenty of walks and excercise. He walks well on the lead and enjoys lots of treats and cuddles and is such a hit with our whole family. He will make such a fantastic addition to a home and I hope he finds his forever one soon.
D69062D5-1D9F-4C61-8ED4-8139CCD08390.jpeg
1BBE4E0D-D722-47EB-8469-F20391CE8003.jpeg
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

I had a walk with this lovely boy again on Sunday. He is always so pleased to see me and jumps up to give me some attention. It can be a bit of a struggle to get the harness on, only because he is so excited to be going out and doesn't want to sit still.

The hardest part of getting Sundance out is taking him out of the kennels with all the distractions of the other dogs but once you are out he is great. He walks so well on the lead, going at a comfortable pace, stopping every so often to have a good smell and sniff. He does enjoy the water so we went past the stream and he had a jump around, he persuaded me to go down to the water again further along on the walk by walking down some rough steps :)

He is not really fazed by other dogs, only giving a reaction if they bark first, he does however love to chase the squirrels if he catches one out of the corner of his eye so you do have to hold on to his leads or run fast with him to keep up.

I passed him a couple of other time as I was going to get other dogs and he put his paw up at the door as it to say take me home or out for another walk.

Sundance really is such a smashing dog full of personality and I hope he finds a loving family soon.
LindaS

Re: Sundance Boxer x DofB ?2015 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

Sundance is at Guildford and at i got to walk the lovely tiger. First we went to the paddock for fetch and us to get to know each other, he loves to play fetch, likes to bring the ball back and will let you have the ball (after it has been chewed a bit!), sits for you to throw it again and likes to walks by your side.
Sundance2.jpg
We then walked around the kennel ground ...this was a bit boring and we had a lead grab moment, but that was only once. We walked back over to the paddocks and whilst i chatted to Jo, Sundance was nose to nose with Chelsey through the chain link fence, both of their tails were going and they were lovely with each other which was nice to see. We then went off for a walk..... this is where Sundance excelled, he dutifully waited by my side to know when to cross the road, kepts very close and then happily walked along. The cows created a pull, purely as he wanted to go over and see them. Very impressed with handsome Sundance.
Sundance strutting his stuff
Sundance strutting his stuff
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

What a stunner this boy is. He is a little strong but very manageable and is a friendly chap. He had a lovely time in the paddock with a ball which he worked out he could drop and roll by himself. He loves a tummy tickle and seems a perfect gentleman. I look forward to spending more time with him to get to know him better. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk and run with Sundance today. He was lively in the kennel, but good to harness, just mad keen to get out and go. Not long into our walk we met two off lead but under control dogs. He was very good and sat down and had a treat whilst they went by. Sundance really enjoyed a bit of a run. He was fascinated by the cows and really wanted to drag me right up to the, but soon settled again until some ducks came into view which were very exciting for him. He got a bit excited a couple of times and tried to zoom around, he is quite strong but he does listen and does want to please. He reminds me a bit of Sonny. He is also very handsome. love4.gif
3AA3CD1E-FB95-465B-8E52-DF65D4741C5E.jpeg
0DDE2857-0763-4A3D-88DC-2A21F4225768.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Sundance is a lovely looking dog, with a good squidy boxer face and long legs. Harness over head was via a treat and we were ready to go, we walked with Rizzie over to Losley. Sundance (Sunny) loves people and does pull slightly towards anyone walking past (even if they want to say or not), dogs he wags his tail at, but his main passion is snufferling (!) .... he likes to take all the smells in, and at times doesn't want to rush this very precise taking in of the newspaper (much to Rizzies curiousity). When finished extensive snufferling there is a little hop puppy type skip mode and then it is back to easy walking again.

At the pond there were lots and lots of geese, i did think i'd get past without being dragged, but suprisningly he was interested, but nothing that couldn't be handled easily.

He definately has the boxer personality traits, including a slight aloofness wth intellegience (we sat at the lake too long). Back along the busy road i had him on a short lead and he kept nudging my hand in a lovely connected way. Great boy, stunning looking, and a walkers / runners dog. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

The sun was shining for Sundance today, and boy does he dazzle angel13.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”