Tillie Lurcher DofB 24.05.17 Newhaven East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Tillie Lurcher DofB 24.05.17 Newhaven East Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Tillie3.JPG
Tillie's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a North London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Tillie is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Tillie is now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick and sharing a kennel with another lurcher whilst awaiting her new family. Tillie ideally needs to live with at least one other dog.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Tillie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Tillie.JPG
Tillie1.JPG
Tillie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam in Broxbourne has asked us to help Tillie prepped for homing and to find his new family
Chapmania

Re: Tillie Lurcher DofB 24.05.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Tillie love4.gif xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Tillie is a real pleasure to meet, such a friendly girl xxx
DSC05924.JPG
DSC05913.JPG
DSC05921.JPG
DSC05911.JPG
DSC05909.JPG
DSC05915.JPG
DSC05914.JPG
DSC05917.JPG
DSC05919.JPG
DSC05922.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Another saluki X girl ...gorgeous love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Tillie for the first time and I am absolutely smitten! She is so gorgeous, so friendly, so lovely! I entered her pen, having said hello to her several times through her door before this point, clipped on her leads and we were off. She is lovely to walk - almost walks to heel and really open to cuddles and endearments during the walk. On the walk she was alert and attentive but so easy to walk I hardly noticed she was there unless she spied a squirrel or two and even then she was completely biddable. Once back in her pen she really enjoyed her sausage. Lovely girl - I don't think she will be with us long. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Toops

Post by Toops »

I had the pleasure of meeting this little beauty today and am totally smitten with her. What a fabulous little girl she is. Hoping someone snaps her up soon, or I win the lottery!!
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler
Judy

Post by Judy »

I walked Tillie for the first time this afternoon. She is such a gentle lovable girl, she walks at a good pace without pulling. As it was so hot I took her to the stream but she wasn't tempted to have a paddle to cool off and so we carried on our way. She certainly responds to and loves having a fuss made of her. For such a young dog she is very sensible. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

How excited Tillie was yesterday afternoon when she knew she was going for a walk, she was a little wriggler when I was putting her harness on but we were soon ready for the off. As soon as Tillie was outside she immediately spotted something moving in the woods and so did a little dance on her hind legs to get a better view but whatever it was had soon disappeared. We had a couple of loose dogs come running up but Tillie didn't react at all, I think she probably would have enjoyed having a play around but to be on the safe side we tried to keep a bit of distance, especially as they were two small dogs who wouldn't stop barking. Tillie is such an adorable girl who loves her walks and having a fuss made of her. Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Beautiful Tillie is in foster with Sue for a spot of home life and to enjoy some pampering, looks like she’s pleased as punch and making herself at home ...
06FC7B1F-B6B7-425D-97B7-76625FCC8A2F.jpeg
D6D1B952-E910-4317-B764-7D79F94C282B.jpeg
Errrmmmm, Tillie, I’m thinkng maybe that sun lounger wasn’t just for you !! 0002.gif]
But you do look very comfortable sweetie-pie ! love4.gif

Tillie is enjoying having a garden to relax in, loves to run and those legs can run like the wind 0028.gif and I’m told she can be a wee bit cheeky and has taken the odd cushion or shoe for a quick lap of the garden !!! High speed cushion alert 0002.gif]
She not destructive but does ‘collect’ her prizes and places them on Sue’s bed which Tillie has also claimed as her own ! That’s a lurcher for you !
Isn’t she simply gorgeous, such an elegant beautiful girl xxx
Isn’t she simply gorgeous, such an elegant beautiful girl xxx
05AC709B-92B5-4C15-8086-C855C3215CC3.jpeg
05CAA0EB-51AA-488E-AF40-ED4DF64F1731.jpeg
B3D01F3F-06AD-4C09-B97B-843CC7EC5428.jpeg
B86A8D4D-4669-4DBB-8F3F-AAF80BAF4646.jpeg
3B650001-BF1C-4CE3-9F38-43CFB2C672E1.jpeg
Tillie has been enjoying walks when cool enough and met people and dogs with her friendly lovely demeanour, no pulling on the lead and an absolute joy :D

The puppy in Tillie can mean she gets a little over enthusiastic at times and gentle as she is, her puppyish mouthing can get the better of her as she relishes your company, but she’s a quick learner and certainly means no harm. Easy to overcome with time and training :D
Someone has definitely put some time and effort into this lovely girl already and so sad that she finds herself homeless so young.
Tillie really is such a young wee girl, only just over a year, she’s clearly relishing her freedom and fun times in foster and adores fuss n cuddles and company in home life - a sweetheart, she can’t wait to find her forever home as she grows up out of her puppyness and looks forward to the rest of her life love4.gif

Certainly looks like you’re having fun Tillie :goodjob.gif: and thanks Sue x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
katiebell

Post by katiebell »

Tilly is gorgeous. Sounds like the ideal family pet. She is a angel13.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”