Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 22.09.16 Gatwick

Dogs that have found their forever home
EmmaNicole

Re: Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 22.09.16 Gatwick

Post by EmmaNicole »

So clearly from Pegmilly's post Rob and I must have worn Pablo out a little on our Saturday walk :-) Pablo is definitely a dog of 2 halves, when the world is quiet around him Pablo is a dream to walk and with no other dogs in the vicinity he literally walks to heal and truly is the model all owners strive for. However, he seems a dog unfortunately he does get very fixated although not really aggressive more nervous excitement. I found have though that high value food e.g. sausage can usually get his attention. Pablo when calm is a very responsive dog and know many commands like sit, give paw etc. and he does love a good cuddle. I'm not going to lie Pablo will need a strong owner, especially to start with but I really believe that he will respond well to training and given time and patience will be a fantastic and loving, loyal boy. And come on that gorgeous face is hard to resist love4.gif
PAblo.jpg
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: what an absolute cracker this big boy is!! I'd say he's even more handsome when you meet him! He already had his harness on but, aside from dancing round us like a pony, Pablo was easy to clip on leads and keen to head out.

It took two of us to get him out of the kennel block due to his strength and fixation on the dogs opposite. He's a strong boy, however he was not being aggressive, rather was overly focussed and excited on other dogs. That said, there was no fear he would direct this to us, he simply seems unsure how to act with other dogs.

He needs either one strong walker or, as with Sarah and I yesterday, two of us. Totally charming when no dogs in sight, he becomes interested with dogs at a distance but more focussed once they get closer. Given his food orientation and love of people, with the right investment I sense he'll overcome this.

He is totally charming and I'm smitten, he is such a loving and friendly boy. There is a forever home missing a Pablo, he's ready and waiting for you!!
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I waited again until the kennels were quiet before taking Pablo out with Tony, another walker. After his initial 5 minutes of pulling, he walks beautifully. We stopped for a while down the lane just to give Pablo some hugs - it was peaceful and very quiet so Pablo just sat down and enjoyed having a fuss made of him. I was mindful of any distractions - but the only thing that distracted him was an empty plastic carton blowing along in the wind. He had quite a bit of fun chasing it, catching it, squashing it with his paw. Pablo jumped up at Tony today in the gentlest way and gave him a bear hug.....nearly pushed him over but his intention was kind, bless him. Xx.
08ACAF32-7058-41E5-9406-6DF0D3BE4487.jpeg
1967C0D3-9589-4428-B194-87C0D6A4C73F.jpeg
309AC19E-1726-4A07-B72E-D76032AC3630.jpeg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

0B3AA60B-4068-41CD-BFD9-D8276D660CDC.jpeg
660672AB-780C-4BBD-A709-C9723D956D3D.jpeg
DC8EA925-D016-4B56-908F-65AB5FA3313D.jpeg
FAE61148-A683-4699-ADF5-D7018F87709C.jpeg
Pablo is a big lump of loveliness - he gives hugs like only a big dog can - they’re the best. You have to brace yourself for them though - or risk falling over :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: I’ve also noticed he has selective hearing - he can hear a crisp bag rattling in a bush but can’t always hear me calling him......cheeky boy. He can and does walk brilliantly - but will pull towards something of interest to him - like a crisp bag stuck in a bush!! For the majority of our walk, pablo walks with a slack lead - just plodding along. I always wait for it to be quiet at kennels before I walk him - so far this has paid off as we’ve now had a few lovely, calm, relaxed walks.xx.
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Pablo is soooo handsome! Such a fun, playful and gorgeous pup - I got to have a run around and play with him in the paddock last week and made a short video with the footage I got:

Such a wonderful character. Fingers crossed he finds his home soon!
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
Kate

Post by Kate »

I can't resist these big dogs so I asked to walk Pablo on Saturday (with help) and Ros and I took him out together. He was my first walk of the day and I was expecting us to be exhausted. He was just a bit of a goon in his kennel 0002.gif] and happy for us to all get on our way. He was a really lovely dog to walk once all other dogs were out of his sight. He doesn't pull on the lead when there are no distractions, a dream to walk really. I gave him one of the big treats at the end and he was super happy with it. Gentle boy and such a handsome chap! love4.gif love4.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So it was another rainy Saturday but a another lovely walk with Pablo. This boy breaks my heart as he is such a loving boy to all humans and is so stressed in kennels he is wasting away [cry.gif]. When you enter his kennel you get the loveliest greeting and he’s quick to sit and wait for you buckle up so his walk can get underway. Waking Pablo is actually very easy as long as no other dogs are around, unfortunately though this is Pablo’s one vice, he doesn’t like other dogs and will pull and rear up if he sees another dog. I really hope someone can look passed this one issue though as Pablo truly is a wonderful boy, loyal and very loving and I do think with time and training will make the most amazing companion. As a large strong boy though a confident owner is a must to help Pablo on his journey to calm around other dogs. Please though don’t rule this fabulous boy out as he’s just too cute.

A8DA8DA6-6588-4411-A0BA-63AFD6F025D8.jpeg

56DC61F9-A5A4-4B94-983A-2A324B15794A.jpeg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Pablo is a very special boy. He has the sweetest nature, is the most loving boy. He wasn’t his usual self on Sunday (I let the kennel girls know) and just wanted to eat grass and go for a short plod. Tony and myself found a relatively dry place to sit down and just made lots of fuss of him. He sat down and enjoyed the attention - he really is a very affectionate boy. He perked up when he saw a squirrel and pulled towards it but it was half hearted. I never thought I was a big dog person until I started walking for this rescue many years ago but my mind has completely changed over the years and I have dogs like Pablo to thank for that.xx.
7A9DDA17-8784-4897-B187-AA8ABF141B24.jpeg
Kate

Post by Kate »

I love spending time with this big buffoon. We put him in the paddock today and he just lapped up the sunshine. He chased a ball a little bit but wasn't too fuseed, he was just happy lying in the open air and space just taking it all in. He was very relaxed, then rolling on his back for tummy rubs love4.gif love4.gif

IMG_6836.JPG

IMG_6837.JPG
RosC

Post by RosC »

Pablo was amazing in the paddock. I met up with him and Kate and he was super chilled, sunbathing and relaxed. When we went back over to him as it was time to go he rolled over on to his back and laid there a baby having tummy rubs - probably a delay tactic but we took it that he was happy and relaxed 0002.gif]
He is reactive around other dogs (or horses) so needs an experienced owner but apart from that you couldn't ask for a better behaved or more people friendly dog. Big cuddly boy love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”