Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Chelmsford Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Chelmsford Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF5076.jpgtoffee1.jpg
Toffee's Story: Toffee was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Toffee is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Toffee was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Toffee2.jpg
Toffee4.jpg
Toff4.jpg

Toffee's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
23.06.18: Good Morning Lynne,
I wonder if you have any space for TOFFEE a mistreated Mastiff x girl between 1 and 2 yrs. Her assessor has described her as a nice girl who has been mistreated. I took her in the exercise pen yesterday and walked her past other dogs in the stray kennels. No reaction but a waggy tail. She does need work as she is scared of the outside world but is coming on well with her handler. I need to move quickly because she needs out of a pound environment. I will pay her spay costs xx Margaret
Toffee.jpg
REPORT FROM YESTERDAY "I watched her brought out from her kennel past other dogs with no reaction but a wagging tail. We took her to the exercise pen where she pretty much ignored me but showed that she adored her handler with whom she has a special bond. She is a big soft lass somewhere between 1 and 2 years old. A male dog went past the pen and her tail was up but no aggression seen. She has the loveliest smile and has come on well since she has been handled. She will be a wonderful companion for the right owner and I promised her I would do everything I can to get her to rescue as soon as possible. I don't see a problem in TOFFEE just a beautiful lady who needs to be treated properly"
Sarahk

Re: Toffee Staffie x Dofb 22.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Bless dear Toffee, she was still a bit sleepy when I took these photos of Friday, still recovering from her visit to the vets for her spay that same day - what a gorgeous girl she is love4.gif
DSC06264.JPG
DSC06266.JPG

I said she was sleepy !!! ...
DSC06261.JPG

A few more of her sleepyness xxx
DSC06259.JPG
DSC06262.JPG
DSC06265.JPG
love4.gif Bless sweet Toffee, more pics when you're feeling more yourself baby girl xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Toffee is a very special lady. You have to meet her to appreciate just what a soft, gentle, special dog she is. She walked with Louise today. Yes we saw her nerves but we also saw what a friendly, quiet, well balanced dog she is. She walked beautifully on the lead, staying close to Louise's side, and ambled slowly along, taking her time. All she needs is time and love to get over her nerves and she will be an incredibly special companion to the lucky person or family that comes forward to adopt her.

Lots of photos which hopefully show how beautiful she is and also give a little insight into her wonderful personality.
DSCF5056.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5061.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5062.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5066.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5072.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5076.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5077.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5084.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5086.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5091.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5093.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5094.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5096.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5098.jpgtoffee.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Toffee and I enjoyed a stroll on Friday afternoon - she does like to take her time and that was alright by me thumbs.gif
She is still finding her feet in kennel life - new things and sudden movements still surprise her and make her jump but her beauty and gentleness shine through love4.gif
P7205274.JPG
P7205275.JPG
P7205278.JPG
P7205271.JPG
Toffee has a real wiggle to her walk love4.gif

The yellow cone gave her a fright when it wobbled as she brushed past it ! Reassured by me that all was well she was brave enough to go back and give it a sniff thumbs.gif
P7205268.JPG
You're safe Toffee, you don't need to worry any more love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Toffee, she walks with a wiggle xxx
anne

Post by anne »

Toffee enjoyed a stroll through the woods with Louise yesterday.
DSCF5417.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5422.jpgtoffee.jpg
DSCF5425.jpgtoffee.jpg
LindaS

Re: Toffee Staffie x Dofb 22.06.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

The gorgeous Toffee with MrsP today
Toffee.jpg
Toffee2.jpg
Nurse Flo

Re: Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

Toffee is a very special girl. She is a Mastiff lovers dream.
Life has been rubbish for her so she can be a bit shy but things are now on the up for her and hopefully so is her mood!

We have spent lots of time together today which included a wander down to the busy River Wey where Toffee showed off her many skills, that of:
- walking sooo calmly and gently on the lead
- being comfortable walking near busy traffic
- being totally non reactive when walking close to other on lead dogs
- taking a treat so gently
-being very responsive to me showing how devoted she would be to her forever person

On return to kennels, Toffee met the kennel cat when said cat walked straight over to her! Toffee was interested in being approached so boldly but did not react and was very easily distracted with a treat so good signs there.

Toffee started her day today by appearing to be a bit down in the dumps when we met but ended it with a Mastiff style lean into me and a wagging tail.
2F7BF4C6-97A7-45FB-BB6C-0AE36378C938.jpeg
MrsP

Re: Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

WHAT a difference a week makes! On Toffee's second day at Guildford kennels it took me 45 minutes, a ton of treats, a slip lead and an open ended kennel to entice her out, she was terrified. I moved her to a busy kennel so that she'd meet lots of people and Aunties Faith & Jo and Uncle Simon have spoilt her rotten.
Well this Saturday I was greeted by a big dollopy puppy "ooooh hello I know you, we going for walkies?". So off we went after paws on shoulders, full face lickies and bum waggly cuddles!
She LOVED her walk, gently plodding then enjoying a puppy bound here and there. Toffee is playful, hilarious, loving and one of the most striking dogs I have ever met. I'm already very jealous of her future family who I'm sure isn't far away.
Almost impossible to get a photo without her tongue lolling about!
Toff3.jpg
Toff2.jpg
Toff1.jpg
MrsP

Re: Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Playful Toffee!
Toff6.jpg
Toff5.jpg
Toff4.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”