Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Chelmsford Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
MrsP

Re: Toffee Mastiff DofB 22.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Here she is with Uncle Simon after a change of collar and harness (I got told I had a beautiful boy, so we've girlied her up).
toff7.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Great photos of her Laura. Toffee is such a big softie who absolutely loves cuddles so much. You can't help but fall in love with her.
toffeesmall.jpg
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Toffee has truly stolen the hearts of all the walkers she has met !! She gives Big love on meeting , Amazing to see from the frightened girl that arrived .
She's easy to harness , walk round the grounds saying Hi to all the walkers and dogs , drops to the floor for cuddles and would happily walk around alday , she's growing in confidence each day with all the new people she's meeting .
Love her !!
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Toffee is fast becoming a favourite with the Guildford walkers and it's easy to see why - this giant girl is sweet, gentle, walks to heel beautifully and is extremely responsive to her walker. We had a lovely walk on Wednesday and I cannot sing her praises enough love4.gif

Toffee's most serious 'please can I have another treat?' face
Toffee's most serious 'please can I have another treat?' face
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Toffee this morning. She was quite nervous in her kennel at first and literally flinched when I touched her. Once I had made friends and attached a lead, she willingly followed me out and we set off for a walk. Toffee has one pace, it's called amble! She soon became friendly and affectionate, especially when treats were involved. We stopped and said hello to some other people and Toffee again made friends slowly. She took no notice of any other dogs we met. On the bridle path, we had to stop when two huge horses appeared. Toffee tried to run away at first, but when I pulled her over to the side of the path, she stood and calmly watched them pass right by us. She's a lovely girl, just needs to gain confidence. She is quite wary of hands on her when she doesn't know you, but we were good friends by the end of our walk.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I had the huge honour of being allowed to take Toffee for a walk on Saturday and oh what a lovely walk it was. Despite Toffee be a larger dog she is so good on her lead you literally forget she is there, until you get brought to a stop that is as she's found something lovely to sniff! Ambling along having a good sniff is clearly Toffee's favourite pastime and she doesn't like to be rushed over the finer smells of life and will dig her paws in until she's ready to move on! You cannot deny her this small pleasure though as it is obvious to see from her demeanour that Toffee has had few pleasures in life until now [cry.gif] Toffee is very nervous of new things in the outside world which she showed us very gently but emphatically when we came to the bridge with the sty on our walk and flatly refused to go over or under it even for food! We didn't want to force her as she was clearly very scared by this new obstacle and so we took a different route. Toffee loves a tickle although does flinch to start with when you touch her until she realises you mean her no harm and then her frown slowly disappears and she looks so happy to be getting some love. This girl is an amazing, special, gentle soul. She is finding kennel life very stressful though and so needs her forever humans to come and take her away to her forever loving home. And whoever gets to do this will be getting the most fantastic prize of Toffee and the chance to help her realise that not all humans suck!
Toffee.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Toffee Cat and Chicken test

pits

Post by pits »

Here's Toffee smiling today. She has that big dog big softie personality and ambles along on walks. Today a bunch of various dogs on lead and off lead walked by when she was sniffing grass and she couldn't care less. She's still a young girl, give her a chance!
toffeesmall.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Two lovely walks yesterday and today with the gorgeous Toffee. She ambled along stopping for lots of sniffs. She didn’t have any interest in any other dogs and really enjoyed a paddle. She does know her own mind though and although she doesn’t pull, she sort of stealthily gets to where she wants to be by planting her big body and edging herself towards her preferred direction. love4.gif Very friendly pretty girl.
5EEBFA62-ED73-4766-957B-72633C285299.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Toffee yesterday. As usual, she ambled along stopping for lots of sniffs. She was quite responsive today, more so than our last walk, maybe because we know each other better. I realised it is important to plan exactly when to cross the road, because if the only gap in the traffic occurs mid sniff, it’s not going to happen quickly. She likes going to the river and having a little paddle and a sit down on the bank. Beautiful girl inside and out. love4.gif
F444ADB1-61C2-4AFA-8DCA-CA18E404179B.jpeg
BAFB1DCA-5807-415C-9A9C-F99D58F08A44.jpeg
4F9230C0-46A3-4B23-BEE0-9BF0B434DFA3.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”