Kenny Mastiff x DofB 2016 Bexleyheath Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Kenny Mastiff x DofB 2016 Bexleyheath Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Kenny4.JPG
Kenny's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a North London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Kenny is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Kenny was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick sharing his kennel with a canine companion awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Kenny's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Kenny3.JPG
Kenny.JPG
Kenny's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam at Broxbourne kennels saved Kenny and asked us to prepare him for his new home and family
Sarahk

Re: Kenny Mastiff x DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to meet Kenny on Friday - he did have fun in the paddock :D
DSC05581.JPG
DSC05579.JPG
DSC05569.JPG
As you can see he's a very handsome boy love4.gif
DSC05572.JPG
DSC05568.JPG
DSC05576.JPG
DSC05568.JPG
DSC05580.JPG
DSC05564.JPG
DSC05574.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
April111

Re: Kenny Mastiff x DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by April111 »

I took Kenny out monday eve after work. Boy is he handsome.
Lovely and cuddly on intro.
Really good on the lead too, no real pulling, we had a cat appear on the path and ran down it away from us, Kenny did catch sight of it and looked to try to catch up with it but one “no” and he didn’t even take a step! What a dog.
Milburn Pennybags

Re: Kenny Mastiff x DofB 2016 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Milburn Pennybags »

Kenny Kenny Kenny, first thoughts was wow :)
Found out he was the youngest of the pack and he was definitely full of life. Brilliant to walk he jumped on me a few times through excitement and he was very obedient especially when cars were coming and when I said ‘stop’ he immediately stood still :).
Had a little break by sitting on the bench and he was jumping looking for a hug. He definitely an affectionate dog full of life. I hope he finds his forever home soon.
Pictures to follow....
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

Kenny is living in the Broxbourne pack along with Monty, Frankie and Buster. Yesterday Bharti and I took Kenny and Monty out together - here's Kenny during our water break!
20180721_130205-397x333.jpg
20180721_130243-507x426.jpg
20180721_163556-567x516.jpg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Kenny has come to Gatwick with Monty to share a kennel together. Kenny is a fabulous boy. He is quite big, and got very excited about being harnessed up for a walk, but once out on the walk, as long as he was in front, Geoff was walking him on a loose lead. He was beautifully behaved, and when a fluffy white pup came up nose to nose with him, Kenny was a perfect gentleman. When he stands up to greet you his paws are easily on your shoulder, but this boy is gentle with a lovely nature xxxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to catch up with Kenny and Monty on Friday thumbs.gif
PA120058.JPG
PA120059.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Pegmilly

Re: Kenny Mastiff x DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

Kenny along with his friend Monty were sooooo excited when we entered their kennel....harnessing and getting them ready is a blur.....but I do know we got lots of cuddles and a several kisses from them both albeit over zealous ones!!! Tony walked Kenny, I had Monty. Kenny liked to lead but if we got too far behind he stopped and waited for us, such a good boy. He did have a little excitable jump up at Tony but a quick no and he stopped. Kenny is a big, strong boy but he never used those to his advantage. He walks very well, keen but not pulley. Apologies for my blurry pic but all my photos of Kenny are blurry - every time I tried to take a pic he moved or came over to sniff my phone....very much hoping it was food instead, bless him. Xx.
D9A46DC6-0BE6-45C5-BB99-B0BE886C9683.jpeg
Jan Case

Re: Kenny Mastiff x DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked lovely Kenny today whilst I took Monty. Because of their enthusiasm to go walking we separated them to harness them and I engaged Kenny’s attention with a biscuit or two ( memories of marvellous Marlee here!!) whilst Geoff slipped his harness on. Then they went off to the paddock to wait for me to arrive with Monty. This was our first opportunity to watch this boy play off lead with a bit of space around him and he loves to run. He wasn’t interested in the balls but he loves running. On our walk he didn’t really take any notice of other dogs, he was very interested in squirrels, and he didn’t really pull at all as long as he was in the lead. He’s very friendly and very gentle taking treats.
xxlynne

Re: Kenny Mastiff x DofB 2016 Bexleyheath Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Today Kenny impressed Debbie and Paul....he also attracted Poppy into moments of play which was wonderful to see as Poppy has been grieving her partner Hugo.

Kenny as loony as puppy that is is was able to win hearts and bring laughter...
Kennyhomed.JPG
Kennyhomed1.JPG
Kennyhomed6.JPG
Kennyhomed9.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”