Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Richmond Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
LindaS

Re: Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

Another sunny (Sonny) day and another walk with this lovely lad. We perfected the harness on whilst giving me a stand up cuddle and this time we were with Rizzie (walked by Jo). Sonny liked Rizzie and we found it best for Sonny to lead. We sat in the shade by the offices and a wee while latter Ralph also appeared - Sonny's tail wags at all dogs big or small.
Sonny with another Staffie pal - Rizzie
Sonny with another Staffie pal - Rizzie
Sonny6.jpg
At the river Sonny was expert at finding gaps along the river to get his front paws in and have a drink, and where ever Sonny went, Rizzie then wanted to go. At one point Rizzie went full into the river and then he was slightly distraught that he'd lost sight of Sonny. Jo then helped Rizzie see where we were, and Rizzie bounded over looking all happy at seeing his pal again. Today was the first time I heard Sonny bark and this was when he spotted two Canadian geese in the river, I'm not sure it was due to him not being sure what they were or they just took him by surprise. Sonny is such a lovely dog, soft, cuddly, great company and yes you will get licked love4.gif
FranB

Post by FranB »

It was a bit cooler today so I managed to take Sonny for a proper walk. Half way around we encountered some cows, luckily sitting down and snoozing. Sonny thought this was a most amazing sight and was desperate to go and see the cows, even doing a meerkat impression, I have to say that he has got excellent balance on his hind legs and he stood up so he could see over the long grass to get a better look. On the way home he was frustrated to not be allowed to join an off lead dog swimming in the river, he was a bit strong but soon allowed himself to be distracted and was a very good boy passing two off lead doodley looking dogs that were a total pain, once again he just wanted to play and didn’t mind them sniffing around but just found it a bit frustrating that he couldn’t run about and play.
9126287F-4B15-4D03-B5FB-BEC947E48C26.jpeg
613B8C61-4087-4F0B-95A2-1CC3D2E11266.jpeg
Vicksg

Post by Vicksg »

If there was a competition to find Britain's Longest Dog Tongue, then Sonny could be in with a shout. Just look at this gorgeous boy!

He's so friendly, cuddly and silky. Love him.
IMG_9778.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Sonny was such a good boy in the heat today. We ambled along the river and found a shady spot for a sit down and a paddle. He loves a cuddle and can be just so gentle, pressing you against you. He was very chilled today.
C7B0E093-A65D-4BA0-B051-6D81B03C7398.jpeg
0A049C48-A552-448A-9007-512DB51EC475.jpeg
71B7833C-BB95-4458-BB5B-8191EF7E0DED.jpeg
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

This little boy has heartbreaking eyes.... Sonny sits in his kennel and looks out hoping for a walk. Today was his and my lucky day! As soon as he saw I was holding his harness, he lightened up and started wagging his tail. No jumping up! One outside, he was good at walking close to me with some pulling but nothing unmanageable. At one point he spotted something on the other side of the river bank (a duck or another dog?); subsequently, he found it hard to focus on anything else for a little while ans kept turning back and gave one or two barks. No issues with him on the walk and I wish my phone battery had not died as I would have loved to have got a video of him happily going about his day!
GailW

Post by GailW »

Sonny is one of my favourites at RR. He’s a great size (not too big to handle), really affectionate, easy to walk and so, so gorgeous. He has the most beautiful eyes & colouring! Sonny struggles in kennels and craves human interaction so it would be amazing if someone could consider adopting him. Sonny is a brilliant dog & would love a couch to call his own.
Sonny1.jpg
Sonny2.jpg
Sonny3.jpg
Sonny4.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's a new little comic strip featuring Sonny! What do you think? Could you give Sonny's story a happy ending?
sonnycomicsss.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk and run with Sony today. He was very enthusiastic in his kennel and I had to make sure he didn’t bop me on the nose as he was so keen to show his love. He was good and calm once out and we passed two on lead dogs with no problem. He likes a bit of a run and then a stop for a sniff or two.
FranB

Post by FranB »

Sonny was an energetic boy today. We had a run around the flood plains near the river and he was very good apart from being so interested in the cows and becoming very strong on the lead till we managed to get past them. Then he settled again and was well behaved when we passed a little old dog on a lead on the bridge. I did take a good hold of him but he just walked by. Then he spotted a man he liked the look of walking ahead and again became very strong and keen to catch up with him. Apart from this, he was good and was friendly to everyone he met along the way, just full of beans.
E6ADC3B9-00AA-41C8-B0D5-56ECA4715EF3.jpeg
75BBF3C4-F033-43F8-A934-716666CDF755.jpeg
72A9F2EA-B209-46C2-A001-C3CAE9D15FD9.jpeg
NatashaB

Post by NatashaB »

So handsome!
2a0f33ad-431f-4fc3-b97c-1c67a2060460.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”