Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
FranB

Re: Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Sonny was a good boy today. He sat next to me by the river where he demonstrated his love of cuddles and any sort of affection. A family came up and asked if they could say hello and admired his beautiful eyes. Nearby, there were lots of kids jumping into the water from the bridge. Sonny enjoyed watching and it was clear he really wanted to join in. He didn’t make a fuss when we headed in the opposite direction. One thing I hadn’t realised before, because I had gone out via the back gate, is that he is quite frightened of fast traffic, especially busses and lorries. A coach passed us speeding and after that he looked scared even when cars passed. He pressed into my leg and crouched down on the pavement, poor boy. He was much happier when away from the road.
AFDB0F3A-03C9-4806-B06A-C8603BF77EB5.jpeg
A6A7262B-853A-4096-9558-6653E14C619E.jpeg

FranB

Post by FranB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Lovely to have another walk with Sonny today. We headed along the river and it was nice and quiet for once. Sonny had a nice paddle and sat calmly and watched a couple of people in canoes landing next to us. He didn’t react at all to this or a terrier on a lead that ambled by. We sat and had several cuddles, and then did the last bit on the road where he was a lot better with the heavy traffic but still a bit nervous of busses and lorries. He is lovely to walk, so responsive and engaged,a total pleasure to be around. angel13.gif]
71B2D8FF-4E54-405A-B1F8-2C4C69803EEC.jpeg
BACF9F70-77DC-465B-9DC8-00C1E0CD8415.jpeg

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:17 am

I was saying hello to Sonny on Friday through the kennel door and then it turned out I was to walk him on Saturday. He was definitely fine with me entering the kennel, in fact he was so happy for me to come in he decided I need a wash 0002.gif]. We walked with Reggie (walked by Mandy) and we walked along the busy road for a short while and he did very well with Reggie in front. The two boys were very chilled around each other and at the half way point we just sat in the shade for a good 10mins and the two were just happy to stop and rest. To get back we had to walk the short distance along the road with Sonny in front this time, he realised with every so many good boys I was dispensing a small treat as there was a lot of traffic including a bus.... he spent more attention on the lady dispensing the treat than worrying about the traffic thumbs.gif . This boy has stunning looks, obviously very young and I didn't see much of his nervousness, rather I had wet kisses a few times and he showed very good doggie vibes enjoying walking with Reggie.
Sonny.jpg
Sonny is medium sized - honest
Sonny2.jpg
This tongue is for giving humans licks
Sonny3.jpg
Sonny with Reggie
Sonny4.jpg
Sonny showing his stunning colouring

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Another sunny (Sonny) day and another walk with this lovely lad. We perfected the harness on whilst giving me a stand up cuddle and this time we were with Rizzie (walked by Jo). Sonny liked Rizzie and we found it best for Sonny to lead. We sat in the shade by the offices and a wee while latter Ralph also appeared - Sonny's tail wags at all dogs big or small.
Sonny5.jpg
Sonny with another Staffie pal - Rizzie
Sonny6.jpg
At the river Sonny was expert at finding gaps along the river to get his front paws in and have a drink, and where ever Sonny went, Rizzie then wanted to go. At one point Rizzie went full into the river and then he was slightly distraught that he'd lost sight of Sonny. Jo then helped Rizzie see where we were, and Rizzie bounded over looking all happy at seeing his pal again. Today was the first time I heard Sonny bark and this was when he spotted two Canadian geese in the river, I'm not sure it was due to him not being sure what they were or they just took him by surprise. Sonny is such a lovely dog, soft, cuddly, great company and yes you will get licked love4.gif

FranB

Post by FranB » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:22 pm

It was a bit cooler today so I managed to take Sonny for a proper walk. Half way around we encountered some cows, luckily sitting down and snoozing. Sonny thought this was a most amazing sight and was desperate to go and see the cows, even doing a meerkat impression, I have to say that he has got excellent balance on his hind legs and he stood up so he could see over the long grass to get a better look. On the way home he was frustrated to not be allowed to join an off lead dog swimming in the river, he was a bit strong but soon allowed himself to be distracted and was a very good boy passing two off lead doodley looking dogs that were a total pain, once again he just wanted to play and didn’t mind them sniffing around but just found it a bit frustrating that he couldn’t run about and play.
9126287F-4B15-4D03-B5FB-BEC947E48C26.jpeg
613B8C61-4087-4F0B-95A2-1CC3D2E11266.jpeg

Vicksg

Post by Vicksg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:05 pm

If there was a competition to find Britain's Longest Dog Tongue, then Sonny could be in with a shout. Just look at this gorgeous boy!

He's so friendly, cuddly and silky. Love him.
Attachments
IMG_9778.jpg

FranB

Post by FranB » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Sonny was such a good boy in the heat today. We ambled along the river and found a shady spot for a sit down and a paddle. He loves a cuddle and can be just so gentle, pressing you against you. He was very chilled today.
C7B0E093-A65D-4BA0-B051-6D81B03C7398.jpeg
0A049C48-A552-448A-9007-512DB51EC475.jpeg
71B7833C-BB95-4458-BB5B-8191EF7E0DED.jpeg

YasminAA

Post by YasminAA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:53 pm

This little boy has heartbreaking eyes.... Sonny sits in his kennel and looks out hoping for a walk. Today was his and my lucky day! As soon as he saw I was holding his harness, he lightened up and started wagging his tail. No jumping up! One outside, he was good at walking close to me with some pulling but nothing unmanageable. At one point he spotted something on the other side of the river bank (a duck or another dog?); subsequently, he found it hard to focus on anything else for a little while ans kept turning back and gave one or two barks. No issues with him on the walk and I wish my phone battery had not died as I would have loved to have got a video of him happily going about his day!

GailW

Post by GailW » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Sonny is one of my favourites at RR. He’s a great size (not too big to handle), really affectionate, easy to walk and so, so gorgeous. He has the most beautiful eyes & colouring! Sonny struggles in kennels and craves human interaction so it would be amazing if someone could consider adopting him. Sonny is a brilliant dog & would love a couch to call his own.
Sonny1.jpg
Sonny2.jpg
Sonny3.jpg
Sonny4.jpg

pits

Post by pits » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Here's a new little comic strip featuring Sonny! What do you think? Could you give Sonny's story a happy ending?
sonnycomicsss.jpg

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”