Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Pablo Crossbreed DofB 01.09.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Waling with Pablo and Estelle
Jojo18

Re: Pablo Crossbreed DofB 01.09.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

Well this boy hugely impressed me today with his obedience , respect for another dogs spaces and excellent behaviour when meeting new and off lead dogs.
He's so young and has been through so much, but his love of humans is apparent from first meet , He cuddles close to you, wants affection , stands by your side as he trusts your judgements ......I am Smitten !!!
We walked with Adopted RR dog Roxy Lurcher cross Today both dogs happily play bowed at each other then settled into a perfectly time easy walk. He listens , follows commands , shows his puppiness as he bounces with excitement at his chance to explore.
He will make a fantastic family dog and looking into those beautiful smiling eyes ....Happy days
FranB

Post by FranB »

My first walk with the absolutely gorgeous Pablo today. What a lovely personality he is. We had a go at canicross, I had to be on the ball as he was into everything and it would have been easy to trip over the lead. He needed a bit of confidence giving going up the road, I don’t think he likes the big trucks and busses and there seems to be so many of them about at the moment. He much preferred being down for by the river but made it clear that he was NOT for the water. Even though it was a warm day. 0028.gif
Every now and then he had a little sit down when he saw something he wasn’t sure of but he was so polite when walking and so responsive. When we had some shade he did enjoy a proper run but you just have to watch him as he is prone to stopping at short notice, especially if there is fresh tasty cow dung available..he is a lovely dog and very handsome I think.
9E06E09B-3C1D-4257-8E95-A7EA88294AD0.jpeg
B5C113F7-BC41-48C8-AAE8-8DFECF960EC8.jpeg
7E373600-1773-48CD-BE41-A3B3F064A33A.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

I was pleased to walk Pablo again today, he is always so pleased to see you and such a sunny natured boy. He was happy to follow Rizzie down the towpath and actually got as far as the edge of the water this time, maybe next time he might contemplate dipping one paw in. He seemed to get some confidence watching Rizzie so who knows. He was no problem with other dogs including off lead dogs, he showed zero aggression and also allowed himself to be patted by a passing cyclist.
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Pablo had a nice little break from kennels, where he showed some potential with a cat. He has a lot to learn, as he's still just a pup, and a gorgeous one at that.
pab3 resize.jpg
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

Pablo is very special! He is not only gorgeous, with silky fur, but has a really lovely personality. He is friendly and will greet you when you enter the kennel. Once he understands he is going out, he is easy to harness. Once out, he is inquisitive. He was a little cautious of crossing the road, but once in the great outdoors, was pleasantly walking along and sniffing! We passed some cows which were extremely close to us, but he just looked at them and walked on. He did not show interest in going in the water (puddles or river!). No issues noted with members of the public or other dogs but I took care to ensure distance as I am quite new to walking Pablo, so still getting to know him.
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Handsome Pablo is a complete delight to walk, so happy and friendly. He has that youthful curiosity still of a dog not yet one year old. He’s a tall dog, but not a puller.
Pablo.JPG
As mentioned in earlier posts, Pablo can be a bit nervous in unusual situations…..yesterday, three stacked plastic bags of pebbles seemed very odd to him, so he stopped (but at the same time was curious), and with calm reassurance he slowly walked up to have a look. Then on passing the bags again on the way home he went up to them without even blinking.

His forever home will need to be with someone that will patiently introduce him to any unusual situations that may cause him anxiety. But it will be well worth it. He’s a bright boy and obedience training, and maybe even some agility training, will engage his brain and help build his confidence. See how he’s perfect at sit, paw and lie down in the below video.

On today’s walk, people sat on the grass relatively close to both sides of the path ahead with bikes and all sorts of 'stuff' (and we had to pass them as going all the way back the way we came would have made us too late back). Again, he stopped a couple of times in hesitation, but with encouragement (including treats!) he walked in between them to get past. And afterwards he wanted to say hello to other walkers on the path.

Don’t wait long to fill in an adoption form for Pablo, as he’s a unique, gorgeous boy and you don't want to miss him. I hope he's in his forever home before his first birthday in September – he really does deserve to grow up in a loving home.
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

Pablo, Pablo, Pablo, where to start? Easy to harness, gives a lovely greeting and a very gentle dog. Pablo walks well, plays nicely in the paddock and needs a home to call his own. Here is a video of him showing off his impressive digging skills!

Jojo18

Re: Pablo Crossbreed DofB 01.09.17 Burgess Hill East Sussex

Post by Jojo18 »

(Since returned)
rps20180822_180314_862.jpg
Lovely boy Pablo .....Is Homed !!
Beth and Joe first saw his photo on the RR website and were drawn to his lovely face , and young age despite looking at other dogs they returned to Pablo and had to meet him.
Pablo gave big hugs, kisses on meeting and walked happily alongside his kennel friend Misty.
He showed them how much he's learnt at such a young age, from his wonderful sit, down and wait for a treat to showing good manners with other dogs .
On returning Pablo had won their hearts !!
Thank you so much to Joe and Beth and enjoy our lovely Arabian Prince.
Bethr

Re: Pablo Crossbreed DofB 01.09.17 Burgess Hill East Sussex

Post by Bethr »

(Since returned)

Hi all,
Quick update on Pablo in his new home. We haven't yet done the DNA test but we're pretty sure he's a Canaan dog, as this matches his looks and personality perfectly. He's been with us just over a month now and is coming on well with his training. Yesterday he had great fun having a good run around in a big field, and is getting better with his recall!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”