Carter Greyhound x DofB 01.04.17 Cranleigh, Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
Gareth.C

Re: Carter Greyhound x DofB 01.04.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by Gareth.C »

Jenn and I had the pleasure of fostering young Carter over the weekend. From his temperament you would never guess he is so young. He has to be the most relaxed dog I have ever met. This was his first time to our apartment and he wandered, in had a brief look around and then stretched himself out on the rug - no stress at all. He also ended up nose-to-nose with a Cocker Spaniel on one of our walks and he just wagged his tail and walked on.

I'm not sure about Carters background but he doesn't seem to be scared or stressed by anything - he tries to say hello to everyone person he passes love4.gif

Its hard to tell from photos but Carter is smaller than you'd expect - he's much closer to the size of a Whippet than he is a Greyhound.

He's also very affectionate and given the chance he will sleep next to you or on you - he is not built like a lap dog but evidently one has told him that!
IMG_3308.JPG
Carter will need some training to ensure he behaves around food as given the chance he will grab food off tables/counters - however as long as you are mindful of him and tell him no he will get back to his napping.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lurchers are known for their counter surfing ...thats why most lurcher owners have very clear tidy work tops 0002.gif] 0002.gif]
Lovely photos love4.gif
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

I'm obsessed by that photo! love4.gif Lovely boy!
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Me too! I keep watching Carter's thread - stunning young lad! I'd home him in a heartbeat but it's too unsettled at home. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Another visit from the lovely young Carter this weekend. He obviously knew where we were going when walking home as he had a real spring in his step compared to his usual slow amble.
2.JPG
Once he was home he went straight to sleep with his head in Jenns lap. He really is the easiest dog, walks with a slack lead while out and about, meets off-lead dogs with a wagging tail and happily snoozes on you while hes home.
1.JPG
I really hope he finds his home soon as he finds the kennels very stressful and was not happy to be back on Sunday afternoon.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Conny and I took Carter and his kennel 'twin' Buddy out for a lovely riverside walk today.
He's such a good boy, enjoying his sniffs and ambling along. He's so engaged but calm and relaxed and a joy to be with. He had a lovely encounter with kennel greyhound Misty who seemed quite smitten with him. Let's hope he finds a warm loving home before winter sets in.
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Sorry for the late update! Jenn and I took Carter home for the August long weekend. Carter was his usual easy self and spent most of the weekend either asleep on top of one of us or asleep in bed.
HTKE9583.JPG
I found him on Sunday morning under the covers making full use of my pillow!
NMHG5129.JPG
Carter has displayed resource guarding in the past but now that he knows us well there is no defensiveness over toys or while hes eating his dinner/breakfast. Carters future owners will need to be mindful of his tendency to scavenge however if he gets a hold of something he shouldn't he's easy enough to distract with a high value treat.
IMG_3622.JPG
On Saturday we took Carter to Stoke Park to meet ex-RR Huskamute Luna. After a quick walk around the park we headed to the Pub where Carter happily slept under the table while we ate.
WMUY4367.JPG

Carter really is a lovely young dog - there must be a family out there (with clear counter tops 0002.gif] ) who would love this affectionate, lazy boy.
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Another lazy weekend for Carter - spent snoozing on the couch and walking along the river wey. I was woken up by him early on Saturday morning sneaking into the bed - he slowly climbed on to the foot of the bed and then commando crawled up next to us - he's not as sneaky as he thinks he is but he is very cute!
IMG_3701.JPG
IMG_3702.JPG
Carter also travelled in the car up to Surrey Sports and happily sat for an hour watching Jenn play netball
IMG_3703.JPG
Rjackson

Post by Rjackson »

So glad Carter is reserved he’s so gorgeous xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”