Carter Greyhound x DofB 01.04.17 Cranleigh, Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Carter Greyhound x DofB 01.04.17 Cranleigh, Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Carter89.jpg
Carter's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a NE England council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Carter is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Carter was in boarding kennels nr Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Carter's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Carter8.JPG
Carter7.JPG
Carter10.jpg
Carter9.jpg

Carter's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Urgent Lurcher boy can you help Carolynx
Galaxy1.jpg
Galaxy.jpg
sweetpea

Re: Carter Greyhound Lurcher DofB 03.17 Comes soon

Post by sweetpea »

A gorgeous brindle boy love4.gif
Sarahk

Re: Carter Greyhound Lurcher DofB 03.17 Gatwick

Post by Sarahk »

I briefly got to meet the rather lovely Carter on Friday, feast your eyes ... love4.gif
DSC03295.JPG
DSC03291.JPG
DSC03293.JPG
DSC03300.JPG
DSC03303.JPG
DSC03305.JPG
DSC03298.JPG
Rather partial to a cuddle too, here saying thankyou to Lynne love4.gif
DSC03290.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
jonandsarah

Carter Greyhound x DofB 1/04/2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jonandsarah »

I had the pleasure of walking Carter on Saturday morning. What a happy and easy-going lad. He walked well, sniffed around a lot, and snacked on the odd bit of grass. No trouble at all. He didn't quite know how to get over the bridge as you can see! ;) He's a very handsome chap so I got him to sit for a treat and took a few pics. I hope to meet him again next week, hopefully with my Sarah too, so she can fall in love with him like I did!
IMG_20180428_114554.jpg
IMG_20180428_114555.jpg
IMG_20180428_114234.jpg
Yvesboz

Re: Carter Greyhound Lurcher DofB 1/04/2017 Gatwick

Post by Yvesboz »

Met Carter today.
What a lovely boy!
Very gentle and easy to walk, the perfect companion. We had a very nice and peaceful moment together.
8704C5A6-7C30-47B9-BA19-89DF3732BF8B.jpeg
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Weebs

Re: Carter Greyhound Lurcher DofB 1/04/2017 Gatwick

Post by Weebs »

I'm joining the Carter fan club. love4.gif love4.gif It was a miserable wet morning but Carter certainly put a smile on my face. Easy and patient when being harnessed - he put up with my normal faffing around getting the harness fitting right - and then put up with the rain, rain and some more rain. He's beautifully gentle and light on the lead. Once we had finally had enough of the rain, we retired to the Poet's Hut for a dry off and a chill. I gave him a towel rub down and then he hopped up onto the sofa and snuggled down in the blankets leaning into me. We had a lovely quiet 15 mins or so just chilling'. Gorgeous gorgeous boy.
Judy

Re: Carter Greyhound DofB 1/04/2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I took Carter out for the first time today. He was very welcoming when I entered his kennel and stood very patiently whilst I put his harness on. He didn't react to the other dogs barking when we exited and returned to the kennel block. Carter is such a gentle, kind and loving boy who would melt anyone's heart. I do hope he finds his forever home very soon. love4.gif
anne

Re: Carter Greyhound DofB 1/04/2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I met Carter coming back from his walk and was stunned at how calm and gentle he was and how incredibly handsome.
DSCF3362.jpgcarter.jpg
DSCF3364.jpgcarter.jpg
DSCF3365.jpgcarter.jpg
DSCF3367.jpgcarter.jpg
DSCF3368.jpgcarter.jpg
DSCF3369.jpgcarter.jpg
jonandsarah

Carter Greyhound x DofB 1/04/2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by jonandsarah »

Well, we took Carter home for the afternoon yesterday to try to get to know him better, as we'd been so impressed by our walks with him. What we learnt about him:

- He seems to have had some training. He knows "no", he will sit for you, and loves to do a paw if a treat is on offer.
- He walks beautifully at a snail's pace! If you're a slow walker, Carter is your man.
- He's very friendly, and wants to meet all people and dogs, but will never pull you towards them.
- He is an intelligent one-year-old male so can be mischievous around the house! He's quite alert - those cute satellite dish ears don't miss a trick.
- He doesn't go to the loo much!? In the whole time he was with us I don't even remember him cocking his leg once!
- He travels really well in the car. Even in the back of our Fiat 500 (!), he jumped in, lolloped down on the back seat and went to sleep with his head on my knee.

It was our first RR dog to come visit our home. As folks who are fairly new to dogs, we think we probably need a smaller pooch around the house to start with, but we do :smiley-love014.gif: Carter! He's a great dog that will make someone a wonderful companion.
Pegmilly

Re: Carter Greyhound x DofB 02.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

E75B141E-87BE-4E56-9054-2A4A988B54A3.jpeg
0DE3D531-8C46-4618-AC2F-274A03C371B7.jpeg
4D011932-EF84-49F5-99A1-6321282240CB.jpeg
Carter is a very friendly boy, affectionate and playful. Jake and Beth said he was an easy boy to walk and one of the friendliest boys you could ever wish to meet. For one so young, he is incredibly calm but still retains his cheeky, fun side. Beautiful boy. X

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”