Bertie Mastiff DofB 16.03.13 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
aleks

Re: Bertie Mastiff DofB 16.03.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by aleks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:39 pm

I took Bertie for his weekend break from kennels.
We started our adventure from a walk to ease his excitement of being out of kennels and than we came to the car. As soon as I opened the boot Bertie was in blob6.gif] , he made himself comfortable there and travelled calmly home. When we arrived he explored the garden and the house, and it took a good half an hour for him to settle, but I think the pigs ear helped a lot blob6.gif] woo.gif]
We had a calm Friday exploring fields. Bertie is very responsive on the lead and comes back each time you call him. We also met a nice man with a rescue dog and Bertie was sitting calmly next to me while we talked. Bertie is house trained so slept nicely all night and woke up with us and waited patiently for me to get ready for our morning walk.
Saturday late morning was a bit more exciting as we went to the stable to meet horses.
Bertie was very interested in them, but still listened to my commend to sit and he was looking at them without any pulling.
During the day we stayed home as it was really hot, and Bertie kept me busy asking for playing with the pillow, ball and a squeaky toy. He is so sweet, leaving the toy on my lap and waiting for me to start playing with him.
We enjoyed our company very much during his break and as much as I believe his new family is close to find him, I will give Bertie a break from his kennels life again love4.gif
Attachments
B14.JPG
B13.JPG
B12.JPG
B11.JPG
B10.JPG
B9.JPG
B8.JPG
B7.JPG
B5.JPG
B4.JPG
B2.JPG
B1.JPG

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Bertie and I had a relaxing walk through the woods today. When we got back he was keen to make friends with a new walker and leapt up on the bench next to him!
9CB769AA-0C54-4470-A202-74CB67B780DF.jpeg
26C40F24-4B46-4FCC-AAF2-0F3B7C9B1393.jpeg
07BC7157-4DF4-4BAB-8671-F6116A52A14E.jpeg
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

aleks

Post by aleks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 am

Bertie came for a weekend break from kennels and we had a superb time together blob6.gif] As the weather was fantastic for long walks, we spent plenty of time walking around Frencham ponds and Bertie loved it love4.gif
We met three dogs off the lead, where one of them a Jack Russell Terrier was a bit unfriendly and guess what ? Bertie just ignored him and walked away ! The other 2 dogs, size of Bertie - he was playing with them like a puppy while making me so relieved as a dog off the lead may be trouble thumbs.gif
He is truly amazing !!! Don't understand why he is still in kennels :dog_running-186.gif:
But there is more weekend breaks for him planned so watch the space blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
Attachments
bertie1.jpg
bertie.png

Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Bertie is such a sound all round dog , He grew up in a home so has learnt excellent manners , He meets and greets people like long lost friends.
He walks very well with kennel friends and made new girl Marge feel right at home , they fell in tune with each other walked side by side I forgot they had only just met.
He will give you so much back and be a loyal dependable friend .

aleks

Post by aleks » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Bertie came for another weekend break from kennels and we had more walks in stable fields looking at horses and Frencham Little Pond thumbs.gif He was braver than the last time and let himself to check on each bush we passed by blob6.gif]
We met a lot of dogs : big, small friendly and not .... Bertie was amazing with his tail waving and ready to play with each dog love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Someone asked if Bertie is good with kids. I would say that with the child like 5+ he would be a great companion as he loves to play blob6.gif] He is a big boy but really gentle and doesn't pull much when playing thumbs.gif
He is such a loving and trusting boy love4.gif I really hope he will find his home very soon love4.gif
Attachments
b3.JPG
b2.JPG
b1.JPG

pits

Post by pits » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Here's a new video, filmed by fosterer Aleksandra showing handsome Bertie enjoying his foster breaks:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 am

Love that video. What a different image to the macho looking dog in his first photo.
bertie.jpg

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”