Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Partridge Green Foster

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
xxlynne

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Neko is a magnificent BEAR! Today he travelled on the back seat of the dog mobile towering over Zoey Staffie in her crate without a murmur from either. Neko was given a Gen An and his middle ear was flushhed out again. This is the 3rd time it has been done and we are getting there. it will need to be done again in 3 weeks time but it was in a much better state than 3 weeks ago. Hugo has been much happier and he has proved himself to be very friendly to people an and dogs.

On the was back Neko was on the front seat, a sleepy Bear and gear changes was difficult with a 42 kilo dog leaning into you! Love this boy...he is nearly better and will be so much happier once his healing is complete.

sibirro

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sibirro » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 pm

another walk with the gorgeous neko tuesday - he really is a big old softie who justs loves his dips in the stream - for a big guy he doesnt pull and just walks gently along i am hoping his time for homing is coming soon - below a couple of water shaking shots
P1010742.JPG
P1010744.JPG

Jojo18

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Yep Neko is a loveable Bear , He's so happy to have company in his kennels and takes a treat with a gentle mouth.
He walked alongside New kennel friend Anna today , she wanted to be close to the bear and if he walked away she quickly caught up , both were content in the others company.
Neko happily passes other dogs, cyclists and joggers ,He doesn't make a sound just happily walks by .
He's a lovely easy, boy who loves the water and sinks his whole body in to cool down.Hes clearly been loved and hopefully won't be waiting too long for his new home

Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:14 pm

rps20180626_171342.jpg

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Older boy Neko the Akita loves nothing more than a slow amble through the trees to the river for a lovely swim. I think if he wasn't on the long line, he'd "just keep swimming" until he reached the ocean. I had to cut it short, as some youngsters in boats were approaching, and were all over the shop .
He's such an amazing calm boy.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

andyrols

Post by andyrols » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 am

Despite Neko’s size he’s so easy to collect from the kennel and walk. When I saw who I was walking I was initially a little bit concerned as to what I was letting myself in for but he easily exceeded all expectations. For whatever reason he does set the other dogs off (maybe because of his size?) but he’s oblivious to it all.
It’s so sad to see him in kennels at his age, and he’s clearly house trained as he doesn’t want to mess his run, so if you have the space and can allow for the fur, he’s got to be for you. Although he’s 10 years old you wouldn’t know it, he appears 2 or 3 years younger.
As the picture shows, his favourite bit about being out was a long dip in the river.
Neko.jpg
A lovely gentle boy.

Robw

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Partridge Green Foster

Post by Robw » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Neko is with me for a little holiday, first job is to help the poor boy cool off a bit by generous application of brush and de-shedding/rake comb.

It's possible to see the loose and dead shed in this picture as the tufts of white hair

First go over with just a glove brush produced this pile

Second go and I appear to have enough spare Neko to nearly create an extra Akita

Still loads to come out of him, but you can see how much blacker his fur is across his back

Neko has also met Alfie. Alfie hissed at him. Neko tried to run away between my legs. It's a good job I don't want any more kids....

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Oh bless him! He is such a chilled boy, he travelled in my front passenger seat last week from Guildford to Gatwick, it was a bit like transporting a very well mannered bear, love this boy, give him hugs from me please love4.gif

sibirro

Post by sibirro » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 pm

glad our fav boy is having a break from kennels he enjoyed his prolonged swim & paddle today and i am sure he will feel a lot better after his de-shedding he is very much a gentle giant
P1010807.JPG

andyrols

Post by andyrols » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you for giving him time out of the kennels and looking after / spoiling him so well. You're doing a great job as well as showing potential families what a chilled and lovely boy he is around the home.

Robw

Post by Robw » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Things have started to settle in here now, Coco is still a little intimidated by Neko but they are learning each other nicely. For an older boy he has plenty of energy and play in him, he even does a little dance when he realises he is going to be going out! When he tries to play he is incredibly gentle with his mouthing and although he can fit Coco's entire head in his mouth, he clearly has no ill intent towards her. He does a great sit on command and also does a very emphatic "paw" when asked, so emphatic that you had better be braced and ready to receive it!

Alfie the cat is staying out of his way as much as possible, not that Neko has shown the slightest interest in chasing him or even going near him.

He travels really well in the car, originally I put him in the big crate in the boot, but this is clearly too small for him to be comfortable in, so now he travels on the back seat. He loves being able to stick his face out of the window!

We went to Buchan Park for a walk the other day, this has a lake especially for doggy dips, I was very glad I had used a longer lead for this walk else I think I would have gone for a dip as well. As others in the thread have said; Neko loves water. A lot.
He was very muddy when I eventually persuaded him to get out

He is incredibly chilled out and no situation seems to fluster him. He's absolutely fine on a walk, he loves sniffing every tree and bush, he will greet other dogs and people nicely or ignore them if they ignore him(or there is a good smell) This weekend he met my cousins two little children aged 2 and 4(the oldest is very scared of dogs) and Neko was perfect with them, he let them give him strokes before finding a cool spot to lay down.

I honestly can't think of anything really bad to say about him, I think just about the only slightly bad thing is his love of food combined with his size means that it's vital that nothing edible is left within range on kitchen worktops! He is just a smashing boy who is chilled and relaxed, he isn't a dog that is going to drown you in kisses (although he does give incredible delicate ones on occasion) but he does love a fuss once he gets to know you. If you are looking for a low maintenance but dedicated and reliable companion, who as a bonus looks like a teddy bear, you really couldn't go wrong with this boy. Fingers crossed that his forever home is just around the corner! Who could resist having this boy sleeping at their feet?!?

Robw

Post by Robw » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:39 am

I know I only posted an update yesterday, but I also have to share this bit of Coco and Neko having a little play yesterday. I think it shows just what a gentle giant this chap is
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”